This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: New Bantam AA program in Valencia  (Read 33738 times)

BarryM

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-36
Re: New Bantam AA program in Valencia
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 01:15:23 PM »
Please see attached link for PDR
http://www.riptideicehockey.com/

FYC69 when you go to your link they have taken down all the info about PDR and block recruiting?

Was this information wrong?

FYC69

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-0
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 02:58:59 PM »
BarryM- info still the same, nothing has changed. All Riptide players got the info now and know what to do.
You are welcome to come to our clinic in Valencia on Tuesday 6/2 @ 5:45pm and discuss in person if you want. I will be at the signup table.
If not, enjoy your tryout.

jla81462

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-1
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2016, 09:33:49 PM »
OK folks, so here's my summary on Pavel for all of you.  My son played bantam aa at riptide for 2 years, midget 18aa at Simi as a 15 (long story) and midget 16aa for Pavel again last year.  He's 18aa this year but probably is not going to play mainly because Simi is not for him and Valencia is too far probably with too many goalies and he's average at best with school being a priority.

As for Pavel, he comes with many pluses and one major minus.  Pluses:  major player development, great amount of ice time, does not permit any cussing, knows the game as well as anyone I've seen, and runs the best practices around.  Boys are never standing around.  Also has dryland before and after ice.  Kids will be in the best shape of their lives.  Our boys competed with 9 skaters at the end of the year last year.  Is passionate about the game and cares about making the kids better hockey players.

Minus:  is not kid friendly and will overreact for some situations.  Benched my son for a game (goalie) for undoing his strap in the locker room after a practice when Pavel was talking.  Now, we did talk to him and he rescinded.  But Pavel can cause anxiety and he's better with Midgets than bantams.  If your son is the sensitive type, it could be a tough season.  Having said that, my sons midget season was the best of his life because we sat with him early on and addressed the issues.

In conclusion, don't be afraid of him, he's not God.  Your child's welfare comes first and we forget that at bantam sometimes as we get caught up in the game.  You can approach him and discuss any issues that arise but only 24 hours after games, which I think is a good rule, and only in his office, also a good rule.  Overall, I recommend Pavel with caution.  Great for the game and the rink, but keep an eye on your son.

All the best to all of you and good luck during these stressful times.  I personally will miss it greatly.

Handboni

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +9/-15
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2016, 09:40:56 PM »
That is a great post.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2016, 08:57:29 AM »
OK folks, so here's my summary on Pavel for all of you.  My son played bantam aa at riptide for 2 years, midget 18aa at Simi as a 15 (long story) and midget 16aa for Pavel again last year.  He's 18aa this year but probably is not going to play mainly because Simi is not for him and Valencia is too far probably with too many goalies and he's average at best with school being a priority.

As for Pavel, he comes with many pluses and one major minus.  Pluses:  major player development, great amount of ice time, does not permit any cussing, knows the game as well as anyone I've seen, and runs the best practices around.  Boys are never standing around.  Also has dryland before and after ice.  Kids will be in the best shape of their lives.  Our boys competed with 9 skaters at the end of the year last year.  Is passionate about the game and cares about making the kids better hockey players.

Minus:  is not kid friendly and will overreact for some situations.  Benched my son for a game (goalie) for undoing his strap in the locker room after a practice when Pavel was talking.  Now, we did talk to him and he rescinded.  But Pavel can cause anxiety and he's better with Midgets than bantams.  If your son is the sensitive type, it could be a tough season.  Having said that, my sons midget season was the best of his life because we sat with him early on and addressed the issues.

In conclusion, don't be afraid of him, he's not God.  Your child's welfare comes first and we forget that at bantam sometimes as we get caught up in the game.  You can approach him and discuss any issues that arise but only 24 hours after games, which I think is a good rule, and only in his office, also a good rule.  Overall, I recommend Pavel with caution.  Great for the game and the rink, but keep an eye on your son.

All the best to all of you and good luck during these stressful times.  I personally will miss it greatly.

This pretty much nails it.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2016, 11:33:27 AM »
AA Tryout times posted in the tryout thread.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2017, 08:44:22 AM »
New Tier I and Tier II Requirements for 2016/17 Apr 4, 2016  1:52 PM On January 23, 2016, the CAHA Board of Directors approved changes for participation in Tier 1 commencing with the next season, 2016/17, as well as a change to the minimum PDR requirement for Tier 2. Details of the changes can be found on the "Policies" link to this website under the sub-link titled "Application for Tier I Inclusion." Please note the requirements and deadlines which are to be adhered to, and that application for Tier 1 for next season must be submitted to Youth Council by the specified deadline of February 15, 2016. In addition, the Board also added a provision that there will be up to a maximum of five (5) teams per age division.

With regard to the new Tier I and Tier II PDR (Player Development Requirement) for the upcoming 2016-17 Season, please note the following:

1. For the 2016-17 season only, a player's PDR will count at either their 2014-15 club or their 2015-16 club.

2. The 25% PDR requirement for Tier I is new to Tier I and applies to the 2016-17 Season, then increases to 50% in the 2017-18 season forward.

3. The PDR for Tier II is now increased starting the upcoming 2016-17 Season to 50% and going forward.  *** Do not worry if you go to the Valencia tryouts on the Friday and realize they will not have a Bantam or Peewee AA team , I am sure the other teams will be holding a spot open just for your boy

Hey Barry, I see you are moving. We're so sad dawg. lmao
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:45:00 AM by Pistonkev »

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2017, 09:41:34 AM »
New Tier I and Tier II Requirements for 2016/17 Apr 4, 2016  1:52 PM On January 23, 2016, the CAHA Board of Directors approved changes for participation in Tier 1 commencing with the next season, 2016/17, as well as a change to the minimum PDR requirement for Tier 2. Details of the changes can be found on the "Policies" link to this website under the sub-link titled "Application for Tier I Inclusion." Please note the requirements and deadlines which are to be adhered to, and that application for Tier 1 for next season must be submitted to Youth Council by the specified deadline of February 15, 2016. In addition, the Board also added a provision that there will be up to a maximum of five (5) teams per age division.

With regard to the new Tier I and Tier II PDR (Player Development Requirement) for the upcoming 2016-17 Season, please note the following:

1. For the 2016-17 season only, a player's PDR will count at either their 2014-15 club or their 2015-16 club.

2. The 25% PDR requirement for Tier I is new to Tier I and applies to the 2016-17 Season, then increases to 50% in the 2017-18 season forward.

3. The PDR for Tier II is now increased starting the upcoming 2016-17 Season to 50% and going forward.  *** Do not worry if you go to the Valencia tryouts on the Friday and realize they will not have a Bantam or Peewee AA team , I am sure the other teams will be holding a spot open just for your boy

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2017, 12:31:57 PM »

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Bout Dat!