This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2016-17  (Read 289171 times)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
Re: Squirt A 2016-17
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2016, 03:23:59 PM »
no idea KOOL AID was so bad for you... however, Canada is currently the BEST nation when it comes to hockey.  you're correct, that no one will search GOOGLE for hockey tournaments when a California team wins ONE game, but... the JrKings ATOM team got 2 Wins and tied 2.  If more SoCal teams could afford to play in Canada and maybe win more than ONE game... why wouldn't teams outside the U.S want to measure their kids up against California teams.  Yes, it's a long shot... but I haven't read or heard of any other post on this board.
Are you by any chance  from the seed of Jim Jones ??

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2016, 03:41:31 PM »
Tranny4761 : are you referring to the rap artist or the cult leader?

Just Saying : couldn't say whether the Atom team recruited 06 and 05 kids to play in that tournament, but my understanding is that the SquirtA team the JrKings have been playing all off season with were a TRUE 2007 team.

Disco Dan :  My apologies if offended you by not mentioning the accomplishments of the MINOR ATOM group that went to the tournament. Good for you that you have inside intel on what was said on how the JrKings performed, but I was only trying to VOICE my support for the families that did go and hope that with the success of the JrKings... it would attract more teams outside the U.S to come play locally.

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2016, 03:59:53 PM »
No worries Nuffsaid, I was making a general comment and didnt take umbrage with what you said.  The Squirt A team (in Canada as Minor Atom) is an all 2007 team.  There were certainly parents that stated their interest is coming out for a tournament.  The biggest issue there is that they do not need to travel due to the level of birthyear aged competition.

Just Saying

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2016, 04:41:54 PM »
Carmen Starr is a terrific tournament. Everyone knows that. And the benefit of coming to a tournament in SoCal... is that you're in SoCal.  Who wouldn't want to do that?  Same thing with going to Toronto or whatever. If you have the money and time, what's the problem? To clarify, though, someone was saying that the Atom team did better than the Minor Atom team... but I was pointing out that the Atom team has a majority '05s, making them PeeWees.

Go Kings_26

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-22
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2016, 06:06:19 PM »
Jr. Ducks 2 ranked 1st??? Cmon man?  What are you smoking?  Blowing out the worst team in the league twice is not grounds for a good team. I'd put the Ducks 1 ahead of them and my kid doesn't play for the ducks. Sounds like we have some dillusional folks on this site. Then again, makes for fun banter.

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2016, 10:16:35 AM »
Jr. Ducks 2 ranked 1st??? Cmon man?  What are you smoking?  Blowing out the worst team in the league twice is not grounds for a good team. I'd put the Ducks 1 ahead of them and my kid doesn't play for the ducks. Sounds like we have some dillusional folks on this site. Then again, makes for fun banter.

Jr Ducks 2 beat Bears, Ice Dogs twice and tied Wave Artesia in Labor Day tourney.  They also only lost once and that was when they played their back-up goalie for the entire game against Wave Artesia.  I stand behind my rankings...for now.  It is still early but my rankings were based on what I have seen so far.

Go Kings_26

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-22
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2016, 04:39:28 PM »
You must be on that team and I'm assuming this is your oldest child?  The Bears Bb team was ridiculously bad last year. Now they are a. The ice dogs have not shown that they are even close to last years caliber. The time that the ducks 2 tied the wave they were plying on the Westminster baby rink. Makes a huge difference. Oh, and I believe it was the wave that went on to the championship in Anaheim. It amazes me every year the koolaid shared among teams. Will be fun to read these posts after a few games.

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2016, 05:56:14 PM »
You must be on that team and I'm assuming this is your oldest child?  The Bears Bb team was ridiculously bad last year. Now they are a. The ice dogs have not shown that they are even close to last years caliber. The time that the ducks 2 tied the wave they were plying on the Westminster baby rink. Makes a huge difference. Oh, and I believe it was the wave that went on to the championship in Anaheim. It amazes me every year the koolaid shared among teams. Will be fun to read these posts after a few games.

there it is again, the talk of KoolAid.  does the size of the rink really matter at the Squirt level?  cause if so, shouldn't we as parents who pay the ice time ask to have same size rinks?  yes, it's a silly request, but so is the excuse that a game ended in a tie because they were playing on a baby rink.  'you win some, you lose some' but on the baby rink, you may end in a tie. really???

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2016, 06:46:13 PM »

So let me guess, you think Kings are top dog  :P

Let's hear who you like.

Just Saying

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2016, 02:52:57 PM »

Let's hear who you like.

Kings are tops right now. They've been together a long time... and they added several good kids in the off-season. Every other team is a mix of new kids still figuring each other out. Even the Ducks (EK) are new to each other, with two of their best players being new. Like I've said before, it'll all change as the season progresses. But for now, you'll see in two games when the Kings remain undefeated through preseason. But Artesia (with several Ice Dogs coming over), Ducks (EK), Ducks (Runtso... new kids as well), Gulls, Ice Dogs (BB winners... and good new kids), and Bears (a new coach named Kim and only 4 players from that "ridiculously bad" BB team) doing just fine.   

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2016, 03:45:20 PM »

Let's hear who you like.

Kings are tops right now. They've been together a long time... and they added several good kids in the off-season. Every other team is a mix of new kids still figuring each other out. Even the Ducks (EK) are new to each other, with two of their best players being new. Like I've said before, it'll all change as the season progresses. But for now, you'll see in two games when the Kings remain undefeated through preseason. But Artesia (with several Ice Dogs coming over), Ducks (EK), Ducks (Runtso... new kids as well), Gulls, Ice Dogs (BB winners... and good new kids), and Bears (a new coach named Kim and only 4 players from that "ridiculously bad" BB team) doing just fine.   

It should be a good season. Top 7 teams can all beat the other 6.  Good parity.

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2016, 11:50:20 PM »
can't wait to read the excuses for the Ducks vs. Ducks game... unless that was a typo.  2 games in one day? GODucks!

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2016, 08:20:37 AM »
can't wait to read the excuses for the Ducks vs. Ducks game... unless that was a typo.  2 games in one day? GODucks!

There may be many excuses after this weekend.

2kids2teamsnomoney

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-2
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »
Jr. Gulls 5 - Jr. Kings 1 - Game over   8)

Just Saying

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2016, 08:01:14 PM »
Jr. Gulls 5 - Jr. Kings 1 - Game over   8)

Whaaaaaaat?! This changes everything!!!

Gulls, get to a Canadian tournament STAT.    ::)