This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam A / AA All Wave3 All The Time  (Read 29210 times)

chpNsk8

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-1
Re: Bantam A / AA All Wave3 All The Time
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 11:54:20 AM »
Heard the shots were 3-1 wave and wave spent 2/3 of the game in the box. Coach was sick?
Any truth to that?

Where is crash ????

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »
Heard the shots were 3-1 wave and wave spent 2/3 of the game in the box. Coach was sick?
Any truth to that?

Where is crash ??? ?

Shots were more like 2-1, not 3-1 and minor penalties were 3-6.. hardly 2/3 of the game. Refs called too many misconducts for sure! It was a good game to watch!

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 02:00:17 PM »
Damn, looks like all of those blowouts against the BN A teams paid off!  Wave 03 went 1-4 in the Minnesota Gone Wild tourney last weekend.  What happened there?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2017, 04:13:59 PM »
Damn, looks like all of those blowouts against the BN A teams paid off!  Wave 03 went 1-4 in the Minnesota Gone Wild tourney last weekend.  What happened there?

They played in an all 03 Division frankly I thought they would show a little better.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »
Right???

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 06:33:36 PM »

Looks like our buddy Crash only sent in the results of their win in Minnesota and no mention of their 4 losses. Proving once again how big of a clown and braggart he is.

*Edit* 1 loss is listed. Probably sent in by the other team.

http://myhockeyrankings.com/team_info.php?y=2016&t=21918
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:35:16 PM by HockeyDadx3 »

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2017, 08:25:42 PM »
Looks like they listed the scrimmages against the JK as games. Apparently one was only a 2 period scrimmage. Hmmmm

Northland

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-6
  • Kings Never Die
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 12:59:50 PM »

They played in an all 03 Division frankly I thought they would show a little better.

They played in a AAA 2003 division that was really, really strong.  Some of the best AAA teams in the nation, this was not a AA pool.

They lost to the Gentry Galaxy who are ranked 11th in the nation for Tier 1 2003 and the Omaha Lancers ranked 52nd in the nation for 2003 AAA.

To give perspective, the current Jr Ducks 03 AAA team is currently ranked 50th in the nation and lost 5-7 to the same Sioux Falls Stampede team that the Wave team lost to in the Tourney 0-4.

I watched one of the games (Team from MN) and that team was absurdly good in every zone.  I think that only makes the Wave team stronger for the future.

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »
Looks like they listed the scrimmages against the JK as games. Apparently one was only a 2 period scrimmage. Hmmmm

They are not the only team to list scrimmages.  I am not going to mention any names but it rhymes with Golden Bears.

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 01:18:18 PM »

They played in a AAA 2003 division that was really, really strong.  Some of the best AAA teams in the nation, this was not a AA pool.

They lost to the Gentry Galaxy who are ranked 11th in the nation for Tier 1 2003 and the Omaha Lancers ranked 52nd in the nation for 2003 AAA.

To give perspective, the current Jr Ducks 03 AAA team is currently ranked 50th in the nation and lost 5-7 to the same Sioux Falls Stampede team that the Wave team lost to in the Tourney 0-4.

I watched one of the games (Team from MN) and that team was absurdly good in every zone.  I think that only makes the Wave team stronger for the future.

Crash, did you change your screen name?

Northland

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-6
  • Kings Never Die
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 02:42:00 PM »

Crash, did you change your screen name?

Don't know Crash and don't have a kid on that team, just wanted the facts to be known.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:19:47 PM by Northland »

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 05:05:38 PM »
I have not changed my screen name. Generally I am not posting for political reasons.

Minnesota did not go so well, the reasons are known and are being addressed.

My own kid got a concussion in Minnesota and is also out with an ankle injury, which combined with a dislocated shoulder he has had a frustrating year.

As for Minnesota I think it was a good message to them about how hard you have to work when you play teams outside of California. They played much better later in the tournament, but as we all know, in these short tournaments if you lose one game you are done.

All I want to say about WAVE 3 is that it is a real challenge for kids this age to play their own game in a consistent style. The weird situation they are in, playing an A game, then an AAA game and then a AA game... it's a huge challenge which i don't think many observers appreciate, and I think the boys and their coach have done a pretty great job. Certainly achieving that consistency is not an easy thing. Even at the NHL level it's one of the biggest challenges. That's all. As you were.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2017, 05:32:23 PM »
I have not changed my screen name. Generally I am not posting for political reasons.

Minnesota did not go so well, the reasons are known and are being addressed.

My own kid got a concussion in Minnesota and is also out with an ankle injury, which combined with a dislocated shoulder he has had a frustrating year.

As for Minnesota I think it was a good message to them about how hard you have to work when you play teams outside of California. They played much better later in the tournament, but as we all know, in these short tournaments if you lose one game you are done.

All I want to say about WAVE 3 is that it is a real challenge for kids this age to play their own game in a consistent style. The weird situation they are in, playing an A game, then an AAA game and then a AA game... it's a huge challenge which i don't think many observers appreciate, and I think the boys and their coach have done a pretty great job. Certainly achieving that consistency is not an easy thing. Even at the NHL level it's one of the biggest challenges. That's all. As you were.

Sorry to hear about your son. We joke around and tease but I would never wish anything bad on any kid. I hope he heals up fast.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 03:44:29 PM »
Thank you for kind comments. The funniest part is he is wearing a "boot" but has to learn choreography for school musical, so he is thumping about like an elephant. No video, sadly. Have a great weekend all.