This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PWAA 2016-17  (Read 226732 times)

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
Re: PWAA 2016-17
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2016, 12:59:04 PM »
Interested in hearing what you guys saw during the U12 PWAA IHE Tourney... I was only able to watch games with OCHC, Jr Kings (Daughaday), Wada Wave, Nevada Jr Storm and Mariners...

IMO, Mariners may want to consider dropping... WW is clearly the team to beat in Socal as they seem pretty stacked. WW were damn good last yr and stronger now with strong players from Riptide and elsewhere. Wada's got those kids pretty dialed in, with plenty of speed and solid goaltending. Nevada Storm seem young and perhaps inconsistent as they lost to OCHC but somehow managed to tie Daughaday's Kings, which feature lots of kids that pushed the puck well. The game between OC and DD's Kings was pretty even for the most part but I believe if the two goals by OC weren't called back, it would've been a much closer game and could've gone either way.

I think Wada Wave, OCHC, and Daughaday Kings are all going to do well in the upcoming season and would love to hear others opinion on the 4 San Diego teams, McD Kings, Calder Wave and the 2 Ducks squad.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 01:00:41 PM by justanotherhockeydad »

Maverick

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +27/-11
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »
Wildcats need to drop down and the Gulls should form one AA team.

Yeah, whats with the Wildcats....last year they were clearly in the wrong division too.  Do they not know what a AA PW team looks like?  Maybe someone from this board should give them some advice or consult for them.  Or maybe its called "development".

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2016, 01:07:46 PM »
Yeah, whats with the Wildcats....last year they were clearly in the wrong division too.  Do they not know what a AA PW team looks like?  Maybe someone from this board should give them some advice or consult for them.  Or maybe its called "development".

Wildcats certainly have a few legit PWAA kids, but overall, it's the same ol' Wildcats, year after year... I'm still baffled as to why the legit AA kids and their parents choose to remain...

rocket

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-17
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »
Both Wave (Calder) and Kings (Daughaday) looked better than I thought they would and definitely held their own in the tourney. The one Little Ducks 06 game I saw was vs. the Kings (McDonald) and the Ducks were up for a good part of the game, 2-1. They ended up losing 4-2, with an open netter in the remaining minutes. It was a really fun game to watch - super fast and really physical, as opposed to the one Wildcats game I saw. They should really drop down one level and let the kids have fun and compete.

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »
Hello "Just Another Hockey Dad":

We were on that Wildcat PWAA team last year and along with maybe 1/3 of the parents and kids, we were frustrated and angry by the lack of constructive coaching in practice, which happened at 3 locations and some chaos and nastiness in the locker room at games.    That 1/3 has left the club, never to return.   It is all about money with that club.  It is my understanding, perhaps uninformed, if they drop down they have to give a release and refund to any family that wants out.   Better to let the kids have FUN losing every game by 10 goals or more.   

The current version of PWAA scored 1 and gave up 31 over Labor Day.    They will struggle at PWA and should consider PWBB.   There were some decent players both last and this year; their teams are killed by the bottom 3rd of the roster that can barely skate.   

I observed volunteer dads handling the practices for Squirts and Mites.   Nice to pay big bucks to a team and have in-house level coaching.   

Moog

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2016, 08:12:47 PM »
Albert Einstein Quotes. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2016, 12:44:16 AM »
Hello "Just Another Hockey Dad":

We were on that Wildcat PWAA team last year and along with maybe 1/3 of the parents and kids, we were frustrated and angry by the lack of constructive coaching in practice, which happened at 3 locations and some chaos and nastiness in the locker room at games.    That 1/3 has left the club, never to return.   It is all about money with that club.  It is my understanding, perhaps uninformed, if they drop down they have to give a release and refund to any family that wants out.   Better to let the kids have FUN losing every game by 10 goals or more.   

The current version of PWAA scored 1 and gave up 31 over Labor Day.    They will struggle at PWA and should consider PWBB.   There were some decent players both last and this year; their teams are killed by the bottom 3rd of the roster that can barely skate.   

I observed volunteer dads handling the practices for Squirts and Mites.   Nice to pay big bucks to a team and have in-house level coaching.   

Yet another story of its all about the money...... Just bums me out so many Hawks using peoples growing love of the sport (adults and kids alike) to fleece their pockets with lies and bullshit. The parent side of it however has also been touched upon for years now too though so here it is again. There will always be a supply of parents who honestly think their kids are superior to the level they should truly be at. And, as a result they are part of the issue. I find myself marveling at it more and more.

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2016, 12:00:50 PM »
Alot of conjecture Station26 on your part.  It has nothing to do with parental ego.  You are compartmentalizing and generalizing for something you don't know everything about.  Why don't you just try talking to the Wild Cat Parents?  I am sure that you will discover their motivation.  Why don't you research the current Wildcat Tier Programs to discover the facts?  Did you know that in the tier program you can get 6 hours or more[/size] of[/size] high quality  on-ice training along with 5 hours or more of dryland training per week?  It's an open practice schedule with one of the best coaches in Southern California.  So as often as one can attend, one determines the extent of the benefit. So, the focus is different from other clubs.  In life, one does not win all the time.  In fact it is quite the opposite.  Character development is important, facing difficult challenges is paramount toward that end.

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2016, 12:03:03 PM »
Wildcats certainly have a few legit PWAA kids, but overall, it's the same ol' Wildcats, year after year... I'm still baffled as to why the legit AA kids and their parents choose to remain...
[/size]
[/size]Logistics and see my response to Station26.  I have three sons who play hockey.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2016, 12:38:10 PM »
Alot of conjecture Station26 on your part.  It has nothing to do with parental ego.  You are compartmentalizing and generalizing for something you don't know everything about.  Why don't you just try talking to the Wild Cat Parents?  I am sure that you will discover their motivation.  Why don't you research the current Wildcat Tier Programs to discover the facts?  Did you know that in the tier program you can get 6 hours or more[/size] of[/size] high quality  on-ice training along with 5 hours or more of dryland training per week?  It's an open practice schedule with one of the best coaches in Southern California.  So as often as one can attend, one determines the extent of the benefit. So, the focus is different from other clubs.  In life, one does not win all the time.  In fact it is quite the opposite.  Character development is important, facing difficult challenges is paramount toward that end.
FM, you might want to go check your nose in the mirror, there is something brown on it. If building character through adversity, is the goal, the kitty program is right on track.

By the way FM,  can you possibly get me the $$ BF owes me ?

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2016, 01:09:19 PM »
  In life, one does not win all the time.  In fact it is quite the opposite.  Character development is important, facing difficult challenges is paramount toward that end.

FM if you are getting your ass handed to you 31-1 every weekend your doing something wrong.  I agree life can be tough sometimes, but 31-1 come on.  I offer a life coaching clinch you can attend.  If you can afford to throw away money to BF, you can afford my classes.  After all there is one born every minute.

I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2016, 03:25:09 PM »
Passive aggressive much.  Straight to insults.  Is it difficult for you to have a conversation without being insulting?  How much ice time does your kid get?  Who are you exactly?

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2016, 03:46:10 PM »
FM if you are getting your ass handed to you 31-1 every weekend your doing something wrong.  I agree life can be tough sometimes, but 31-1 come on.  I offer a life coaching clinch you can attend.  If you can afford to throw away money to BF, you can afford my classes.  After all there is one born every minute.(I am no sucker)  My 3 sons practice with the closest club.  It is not practical for my family to travel beyond what the playing schedule already demands. There is quality training here and not one club in the league has it perfect.
[/size]
[/size]Every weekend???  The team played together for the first time in this tournament.  Does something need to be done, yes.  Am I disappointed, yes. Throwing money away, not so much.  6 hours+ of ice time per week plus 5 hours+ of dryland, is not throwing money away.  At the end of the season, I pay less or the same as what most everyone else is paying for my return. 
[/size]This team was already conjectured to go down to A at tryouts, it turns out that this will more than likely happen.  My son had good success with some of these players 3 seasons ago(State Semis), so I was hoping for a better premier.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »
Passive aggressive much.  Straight to insults.  Is it difficult for you to have a conversation without being insulting?  How much ice time does your kid get?  Who are you exactly?
To whom is your brown nosed.question adressed to ?????........

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2016, 08:11:28 PM »
To whom is your brown nosed.question adressed to ??? ??........

:D ;D