This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PWAA 2016-17  (Read 225871 times)

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
Re: PWAA 2016-17
« Reply #480 on: February 28, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »
Yes, they will all return to collect your player (money). ;D

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #481 on: February 28, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »
Sounds like some teams had an off day...Kudos to GSE2 for having an amazing season and to OC for pulling the upset.

Good luck to all moving on.
Who ?

Who had an off day? I was referring to GSE2 and the Wave...anyone can have an off day. After all they are 12 year old kids. All the teams moving on are strong teams and any of them can take it.

PlaneCrazy

« Reply #482 on: February 28, 2017, 04:08:11 PM »
I wouldn't say the Wave had an off day at all, the Wave and JK teams are very competitive and have had some very tight games for awhile now. The Wave played a very strong game with a particularly strong 2nd period but the JK team didn't throw in the towel and battled back.

These 2 teams are very evenly matched overall and have proven that they belong exactly where they are along with the other 2 teams so I expect some very good games at the finals.

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
« Reply #483 on: February 28, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »
Mostly true, Wave beat kings 5 to 0 during regular season.  Not really a close game.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #484 on: February 28, 2017, 07:48:38 PM »
This is playoffs (playdowns) ALL of the kids are skilled and anyone can beat anyone on any given day (ask GSE2)

I expect all games to be dogfights.

May come down to not who's more skilled but who's the best "team"

PlaneCrazy

« Reply #485 on: February 28, 2017, 10:16:33 PM »
Mostly true, Wave beat kings 5 to 0 during regular season.  Not really a close game.

Out of 4 games 3 came down to 1 goal and all of them could have easily gone either way. The 5-0 game was definitely the exception.

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #486 on: March 01, 2017, 10:48:30 AM »

Out of 4 games 3 came down to 1 goal and all of them could have easily gone either way. The 5-0 game was definitely the exception.

The 5-0 game is a perfect example of how teams can have an off day....I am sure States will definitely be a battle.

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
« Reply #487 on: March 01, 2017, 10:58:02 AM »

The 5-0 game is a perfect example of how teams can have an off day....I am sure States will definitely be a battle.

6 to 1 against the Saints was another off day.

RabidHockeyFan

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-2
« Reply #488 on: March 01, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »
Wave vs LA Jr Kings will be a tough battle every game.  Most of the kids have known each other and played with/against each other for years.  Some even go to school together.

My only hope is that the games at states have consistent Referees and penalty calls - Too many of the penalities last weekend were inconsistent (to both teams).  In these high emotion games, the kids have enough to deal with and don't need to ticky tacky calls happening, when other blatant penalties are let go. 

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #489 on: March 01, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »
I wouldn't say the Wave had an off day at all, the Wave and JK teams are very competitive and have had some very tight games for awhile now. The Wave played a very strong game with a particularly strong 2nd period but the JK team didn't throw in the towel and battled back.

These 2 teams are very evenly matched overall and have proven that they belong exactly where they are along with the other 2 teams so I expect some very good games at the finals.

Wave definitely had an off period at play downs, to put it mildly.  Had the JK game in the bag, lights were out and jello was jiggling -- until they stopped playing and JK didn't to their credit.  That happens with 12 year olds.  It happens with NHLers.  It's why they play the games.  At this point in the season, any team can win or lose on any given day.  Good life lesson for everyone.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:33:06 PM by Stanley »

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #490 on: March 01, 2017, 03:35:10 PM »
Wave vs LA Jr Kings will be a tough battle every game.  Most of the kids have known each other and played with/against each other for years.  Some even go to school together.

My only hope is that the games at states have consistent Referees and penalty calls - Too many of the penalities last weekend were inconsistent (to both teams).  In these high emotion games, the kids have enough to deal with and don't need to ticky tacky calls happening, when other blatant penalties are let go.

Yep, the refs at Escondido were average at best. Game between OC vs GSE1, GSE1 had 5 power plays vs OC's zero and OC lost 2-1... While the game between GSE2 and OC, refs 'let them play' and the only penalty all game was a boarding call on GSE2 which was too obvious to not call...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:36:50 PM by justanotherhockeydad »

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #491 on: March 01, 2017, 03:49:47 PM »

Yep, the refs at Escondido were average at best. Game between OC vs GSE1, GSE1 had 5 power plays vs OC's zero and OC lost 2-1... While the game between GSE2 and OC, refs 'let them play' and the only penalty all game was a boarding call on GSE2 which was too obvious to not call...

Hopefully CAHA will assign one set of refs and linesmen for the final weekend so we won't have more of the same Jekyll/Hyde officiating.  Let the kids know how the games will be officiated and stick with it for god's sake. So much in-house reffing going on in Peewees last-weekend it was cringe-worthy. 

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
« Reply #492 on: March 02, 2017, 09:20:25 AM »

Well ain't that the f'in truth.  Reffs struggle to be consistent and they seem to choose who wins many of the games, not just between these two teams.

Icelife

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #493 on: March 02, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »
Sorry to change topic, but any word on coaches/teams for next season Peewee AA in OC/Lakewood areas?
Let's all remember, these are kids!

rocket

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-17
« Reply #494 on: March 06, 2017, 10:30:55 AM »
Sorry to change topic, but any word on coaches/teams for next season Peewee AA in OC/Lakewood areas?

Not sure about OC or Lakewood - but if you're willing to drive to El Segundo, I heard a certain coach there - formally of KHS - will get the club to pay for your kid if he wants him bad enough.
Wonder how the other parents on the team feel about that?