This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PWAA 2016-17  (Read 230066 times)

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
Re: PWAA 2016-17
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2016, 10:53:28 AM »
It not that complicated.
North teams will play in all CAHA weekends. South teams will play in two. You will only go North once. If you're lucky, you'll end up with two South weekends. There will not be South vs South games when traveling to North CAHA weekends.
SCAHA scheduled games will be listed as "game" which count towards CAHA standings, or "EXH", which are just exhibition games.
One game vs each CAHA team will count towards the standings. You will know which games count before hand.
top 8 CAHA teams make Playdowns. So it could be 5 from the North and 3 from the South.
Your manager should have relayed this info to you
I

This is interesting information.  In terms of Scaha, I have looked at the Bantam and Peewee schedule and have yet to see any game listed as any type other than "Game".  Is there an expectation that there will be a significant number of Exhibition games coming down the road?

This also doesn't really explain how the merging of records will work.  For example, there are 12 teams in Scaha at Peewee AA, and 5? Teams in Norcal.  Is the expectation that the final record will be {division_league_points} + {caha_points} = final_standings?
[/size] I think the problem people have with trying to understand CAHA standings is that they keep looking at it as two different schedules. The SCAHA website really doesn't matter for standings, it only shows South teams. You need to see your team as a CAHA team, 17 teams (12 South, 5 North), 16 scheduled games will count towards your standing, one against each team. the second time you play the same team, it's considered and exhibition game.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:57:17 AM by area51 »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #241 on: September 21, 2016, 11:09:28 AM »
It not that complicated.
North teams will play in all CAHA weekends. South teams will play in two. You will only go North once. If you're lucky, you'll end up with two South weekends. There will not be South vs South games when traveling to North CAHA weekends.
SCAHA scheduled games will be listed as "game" which count towards CAHA standings, or "EXH", which are just exhibition games.
One game vs each CAHA team will count towards the standings. You will know which games count before hand.
top 8 CAHA teams make Playdowns. So it could be 5 from the North and 3 from the South.
Your manager should have relayed this info to you
I

This is interesting information.  In terms of Scaha, I have looked at the Bantam and Peewee schedule and have yet to see any game listed as any type other than "Game".  Is there an expectation that there will be a significant number of Exhibition games coming down the road?

This also doesn't really explain how the merging of records will work.  For example, there are 12 teams in Scaha at Peewee AA, and 5? Teams in Norcal.  Is the expectation that the final record will be {division_league_points} + {caha_points} = final_standings?
[/size] I think the problem people have with trying to understand CAHA standings is that they keep looking at it as two different schedules. The SCAHA website really doesn't matter for standings, it only shows South teams. You need to see your team as a CAHA team, 17 teams (12 South, 5 North), 16 scheduled games will count towards your standing, one against each team. the second time you play the same team, it's considered and exhibition game.
You should apply to manage my team!

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #242 on: September 21, 2016, 11:11:50 AM »
hell no! and have to deal with all those crazy hockey moms!!! no thanks

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #243 on: September 21, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
Great explanation area51.  Is this spelled out anywhere on either the scaha or caha site?

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #244 on: September 21, 2016, 12:12:02 PM »
Great explanation area51.  Is this spelled out anywhere on either the scaha or caha site?
It's how Tier has always been with the only change being less CAHA weekends for South teams and having SCAHA now games count towards your CAHA standings. I've heard of South teams playing in Vacaville for a CAHA weekend and only playing other South teams. what's the point of having to travel for that? Better to use that weekend and money spent for an out of state tournament were you can play some different teams.
This was discussed at the CAHA meeting and sent out in emails from CAHA.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #245 on: September 21, 2016, 12:55:00 PM »
I fully understand the way things worked last year, where Scaha games were essentially all scrimmages.  I also understand the complaints about the cost of travel and lodging in Vacaville only to play 3 teams that are 10 minutes away from you, and that makes total sense to me.  We had a number of teammates from years past who played AA last season, and pointed out how annoying it was when it happened to them.  Seems that they heard the complaints and this hybrid system does seem to be an improvement, as well as focusing on North v. South for CAHA.  It also opens things up for south teams to use their spare weekend to travel. 

From time to time, I just like to read the existing rules and documentation for myself.  I don't receive emails from CAHA or Scaha for that matter ;)  There have been plenty of times where rules that seemed simple at first glance were open to interpretation. 

fatfingerscanttext

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-1
« Reply #246 on: September 21, 2016, 05:54:03 PM »
Wow Area51!!! I didn't think you paid attention at the meetings. I thought you were there for the food. Good job!!!

PlaneCrazy

« Reply #247 on: September 21, 2016, 05:55:55 PM »
Thank you for the clarification, you spelled it out pretty clearly.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2016, 11:53:02 AM »
SCAHA website is not reporting SDIA's scores anymore.  Anyone know what the scores in their first two pre season games were? 

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
SCAHA website is not reporting SDIA's scores anymore.  Anyone know what the scores in their first two pre season games were?

First game was OCHC 5 vs SDIA 0

Tripod

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-1
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2016, 12:26:11 PM »
2-2 vs Jr. Gulls.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2016, 01:19:05 PM »
This week's picks......

WAVE 2.                    VS.                 DA BEARS.          WAVE BY 1

MICKEY D's.                                   MARINER .           MACS.BY 6

WADA WAVE.             VS.              JR GULLS.          WW BY 6

SAINTS.                                           JR FLYERS.           SAINTS BY 6

GOOD luck everyone !

Copernicus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #252 on: September 25, 2016, 12:29:24 PM »
Saints 7 - Flyers 0.

PlaneCrazy

« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2016, 09:37:35 PM »
JK(1) 9 - Mariners 2

Reggie Dunlop

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2016, 03:04:06 PM »
SDIA applied to drop from AA to A...however, after releasing all the kids and re-signing them at A, CAHA and/or SCAHA has now reversed their initial decision and denied the request.

I'm not sure why this decision was overturned but I predict a very long AA season for SDIA.

Can anyone explain the rationale behind refusing a team from dropping?

The team went 0-4-2 against other AA teams.  They had 7 goals in those 6 games.  Hard to have a winning record when your GF is 1.2

The only win was against the Jr. Gulls team that already dropped to A and it was only 5-2.

Unbelievable... ???