This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam A  (Read 75303 times)

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
Re: Bantam A
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2017, 08:18:28 AM »
Crash:

You keep alluding to things like this, and use words like "abuse".  You keep playing the victim card, when the reality is that your team made choices and decisions that resulted in them playing Bantam A when they should have been playing AA.  I've read probably every post you've created on the matter, so I'm not sure I understand who you've promised something to.  I'm not going to lie and pretend I haven't found these posts entertaining at times, and kept things lively, but in all seriousness, there's no glorious victory in stomping a division of teams that you shouldn't have been playing in the first place. 

Unlike the Riptide Peewee A last season, you were not constrained by rules pertaining to your entire club.  Unlike the Riptide, you really had no basis for an appeal.  From what I've been told, the Riptide lost the appeal to the CAHA board that would have had them play AA by one vote.  The Riptide team ultimately accomplished what they did with 10 skaters on the roster. 

There just is no comparison I can see to your situation, which stems from rules violations of your coach from the year prior.

Your team could have taken the high road, played an independent schedule and made your reputation on the basis of scrimmages and tournaments.  I'm not saying that wouldn't have been difficult, but it was feasible alteranative for you, and I would think would have been more meaningful than a season punctuated by far too many games against teams you should never have been playing that you were able to easily beat by 7-10 goals.

At any rate, good luck to your squad next season.  Teams at this age don't tend to last long, as there are so many forces at play which pull them apart, given either success or failure.     
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:58:36 PM by lcadad »

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2017, 08:40:33 AM »
Crash:

You keep alluding to things like this, and use words like "abuse".  You keep playing the victim card, when the reality is that your team made choices and decisions that resulted in them playing Peewee A when they should have been playing AA.  I've read probably every post you've created on the matter, so I'm not sure I understand who you've promised something to.  I'm not going to lie and pretend I haven't found these posts entertaining at times, and kept things lively, but in all seriousness, there's no glorious victory in stomping a division of teams that you shouldn't have been playing in the first place. 

Unlike the Riptide Peewee A last season, you were not constrained by rules pertaining to your entire club.  Unlike the Riptide, you really had no basis for an appeal.  From what I've been told, the Riptide lost the appeal to the CAHA board that would have had them play AA by one vote.  The Riptide team ultimately accomplished what they did with 10 skaters on the roster. 

There just is no comparison I can see to your situation, which stems from rules violations of your coach from the year prior.

Your team could have taken the high road, played an independent schedule and made your reputation on the basis of scrimmages and tournaments.  I'm not saying that wouldn't have been difficult, but it was feasible alteranative for you, and I would think would have been more meaningful than a season punctuated by far too many games against teams you should never have been playing that you were able to easily beat by 7-10 goals.

At any rate, good luck to your squad next season.  Teams at this age don't tend to last long, as there are so many forces at play which pull them apart, given either success or failure.   

Good post spot on almost. The Riptide lost the vote to move up to AA 0-21.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »
These kids overcame tremendous challenges and the abuse just made them tighter. That's why they won and most importantly improved tremendously over the season.
Pretty sure nobody "abused" the kids so there was never anything to "overcome" there.  Sure, the club, coach and probably several parents all took some abuse - they were the decision makers so were fair game.  But please stop with "tremendous challenges" dogma, nobody is buying it.  You guys cruised to a State Championship in a division that was clearly below you.  Truth is, your team would have had a tough time making it to play downs in AA, so please enjoy your medals...quietly.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2017, 09:56:37 AM »
These kids overcame tremendous challenges and the abuse just made them tighter. That's why they won and most importantly improved tremendously over the season.
Pretty sure nobody "abused" the kids so there was never anything to "overcome" there.  Sure, the club, coach and probably several parents all took some abuse - they were the decision makers so were fair game.  But please stop with "tremendous challenges" dogma, nobody is buying it.  You guys cruised to a State Championship in a division that was clearly below you.  Truth is, your team would have had a tough time making it to play downs in AA, so please enjoy your medals...quietly.

Agree the Wave team would of been about 10th or 11th in AA.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »
The word 'abuse' was a bad choice, that's the only bone I'll throw you. "Road Apples" is what we call it back home.

What a bunch of sour grapes. When I wasn't on here for months,  nobody else posted anything.

With respect to playing AA last season, not ONE of you would have taken the crap deal we were offered. Not one.

But don't worry. We'll be back next season causing more trouble. :-)

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2017, 12:53:55 PM »
The word 'abuse' was a bad choice, that's the only bone I'll throw you. "Road Apples" is what we call it back home.

What a bunch of sour grapes. When I wasn't on here for months,  nobody else posted anything.

With respect to playing AA last season, not ONE of you would have taken the crap deal we were offered. Not one.

But don't worry. We'll be back next season causing more trouble. :-)

Holy crap, what a clown. Great, your CHILDS team won the State title, not you. Stop posting and acting like you were out there taking shifts. People like Crash are EVERYTHING that is wrong with Youth hockey. I am willing to bet that Crash bought himself a hoodie with the red "State Champions" stamp on it just so he may have the chance to explain to people how "we" instead  "My child's team" won the State tournament and all of the obstacles they had to overcome throughout the season. Do other patents on the Wave3 team know about Crash coming online and running his fat mouth and all
Of the bullsh*t that comes out of it? If my son skates in this team I would tell this dipshit to shut his mouth and stop dragging the teams reputation through the mud.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2017, 01:02:31 PM »
Holly Crap! Shots fired! Shots Fired!  8)

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
Everyone is a hero online.

Love to see this guy coming over the blue line with his head down. :-)

I'm out. Have a great summer.

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2017, 01:22:52 PM »
Empty online promises.

What's the matter Crash, truth hurts? Next time I am in California I will keep my eyes peeled for the clown with the "State Champions" hoodie on.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
What's the matter Crash, truth hurts? Next time I am in California I will keep my eyes peeled for the clown with the "State Champions" hoodie on.
I'd pay money to see that!  It'll be the guy with "We Got Screwed" embroidered on the front, or some cliche about overcoming adversity...

See you next year Crash, it should prove to be entertaining!

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2017, 06:41:22 AM »
In the end, it was all about the hoodie. That's understandable. Let's chip in and buy the guy one.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »
In the end, it was all about the hoodie. That's understandable. Let's chip in and buy the guy one.
BTW, you're "the guy", and when I said I'd pay money it was to see you wearing it.  ;D ;D ;D

chpNsk8

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-1
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2017, 08:14:28 AM »
 Congrats Wave 3.

Who is the leader for AA next season?

Bears/ Wave ( Artesia ) and maybe GSE?
I know the bears will have a big recruiting class as well as the Wave.

Any thoughts ?

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2017, 03:59:26 PM »
The hot rumor is that Tatavosian is one and done with the Wave... he is bailing out and heading to El Segundo.  Does that mean the entire Wave 3 roster is going to be Kings next season?  If so won't they have the same PDR problem again?

And honestly.... its not a rumor... its 100% true.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »
The hot rumor is that Tatavosian is one and done with the Wave... he is bailing out and heading to El Segundo.  Does that mean the entire Wave 3 roster is going to be Kings next season?  If so won't they have the same PDR problem again?

And honestly.... its not a rumor... its 100% true.

And this explains why the PDR rule was changed back to 25%