This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam A  (Read 75146 times)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
Re: Bantam A
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »
Recognizing that this Board has apparently already awarded this team the Bantam A banner before the end of the pre-season, it will be interesting to see how they do this weekend against the Bears team which is also undefeated and have won their pre-season games by fairly large margins.
Wave 3 by 6

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2016, 11:42:54 AM »
I don't think any of the Wave parents are complaining. They are totally fine with playing in Bantam A and keeping this team together for next season. And for all the Haters, you should be hating on CAHA, not the Wave 3 team that was forced down by the CAHA (Ducks).

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2016, 12:07:20 PM »
Bears team should be a good test, but W3 will be ready.

HockeyPop2297

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-6
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2016, 06:02:11 PM »
How did Wave 3 do in their scrimmage with Lady Ducks?

Teahupoo

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2016, 06:10:30 PM »
Crash,

U must be new with Coach MT, because if u knew the history of him and what went on, then you would not pile on. You are going to open a pandoras box and it will not be pretty. There are a lot of people on this forum that know everything that went on, but they keep it to themselves because they want to forget about all the shenanigans. Iam sure you re a good parent with good intentions for your kid, so run as far as you can from MT.
Btw, I think you guys are in the right division. I watched your labor day game against OC1 and although you have a lot of skilll, your team is too small for AA. The score was 3-1, but it could of been 10 - 1. They really pounded you guys physically and you guys had no answer for the physical play. I believe you had 2 kids get knocked out of the game and half of them did not want to have anything to do with the puck, because they were craping their pants. Remember,  the sharks and AA Bears are more skilled than OC1 and the ducks are bigger and meaner. Checking changes a lot of things, just ask the 02 bears of last year. They were one of the top peewee AA team and only won 2 games in bantam AA.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2016, 10:15:11 PM »
Well, glad to hear you've gotten through life with never needing a second chance.

Full disclosure was made, we liked the potential of the team for my son's particular situation and how Coach planned to utilize him. It is early days and there have certainly been some challenges, including losing #1 goalie, and my son being out until November with a serious injury, but we have no complaints with how our son is treated and his role on the team.

With respect to Labour Day, they went 1.1.1 and all the games were close. Considering it was the first time some of the boys were playing together and they are all 03s they did okay. Adjustments are being made. My son took a cheap crosscheck from behind in the first game (OC, I think) and landed strangely on his little finger, the tip of which exploded, blood was pouring out of his glove. It was a weird and painful injury, but we taped it up and he played the rest of the games.

As for Lady Ducks AAA v W3 there was no checking allowed - for the boys, the girls checked plenty. Down 3-0 in the third, the boys figured it out, and got it to 2-3, outshooting them 28-20, but their goalie is very good (and big) so that was the final score.

It is always weird playing girls' teams, in previous years my kid's teams have never played well against girls. But it was a good skate and they will be ready for Bears on Sunday.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:30:46 PM by Crash »

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2016, 09:56:27 AM »
First weekend is in the books.  A few of the scores are posted on SCAHA.

I saw the Wave Art1 game vs the Bears. Well played game on both sides. Two very evenly matched teams and the game probably could have went either way.
Wave Art1 pulled out a 3-1 (empty net) win in the end.  Fast game with a lot of passing.  Was fun to watch.

Any thoughts on the games this weekend?

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2016, 10:31:39 AM »
I believe a bunch of games were cancelled in San Diego due to power failure. Not sure totality of teams/tiers.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2016, 10:37:10 AM »
Kings and Ducks 1 seemed pretty even...they tied 1-1

Quadruple A

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2016, 07:27:00 AM »
Anyone playing in a Thanksgiving tourney?

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »
At Toyota Center tournament... Ducks 1 and Red Wings tied at 2.  Ducks tied it with :44 left in the game.

Ducks 2 lost to Vacaville 4-0

chpNsk8

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-1
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2016, 07:31:29 PM »
 Where are the Wave 3? Have they played any good games yet?

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2016, 08:27:51 AM »
I reported on the WAVE 3 Channel, but here you go. Easy games no controversy so far.

Friday:

WAVE 3 (4) OCHC 2 (2)

WAVE 3 (4) LA Jr. Kings (0) shots 32-18 (Kings' goalie amazing)

Saturday:

WAVE 3 v OCHC 1 tbd. Obviously this will tell the tale. I believe Kings are playing Bears today. Good luck to everyone.

HockeyPop2297

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-6
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2016, 09:14:42 AM »
In looking at the scores of the A-teams playing in A-tournaments, OCHC (1) faced the Blaze in the IHE Tournament in San Diego area with Blaze winning 4-0. Out of the actual "A" teams, still impressed by a Blaze, with only 10 players, holding their own against the larger clubs.

SandyPilot

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2016, 02:25:30 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure that was the OCHC(2) team, not OCHC(1).

I agree the Blaze A team is pretty impressive.  They are big, they can skate, but boy do they draw penalties.  For example, 15 minors and two GM's on the HC in the game against the Heat on 11/6. That's their weakness.  Put a couple of them in the box and the bench gets real short.

The Escondido Extravaganza tournament also features the Santa Rosa Flyers and SDIA, who played an intense defensive battle that ended 1-1 last night.