This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam AA 16/17  (Read 159303 times)

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
Re: Bantam AA 16/17
« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2017, 01:30:38 PM »

http://files.leagueathletics.com/Images/Club/2695/Post_Season/2012-2013%20Post%20Season/USAH_Tie_Break_Rules_For_Standings.pdf

The tie-breaker formulas are as follows:
1. The results of the head-to-head games played between the tied teams in the following order:
a. Standings — Most points.
b. Most total wins.
c. Differential — Subtracting goals scored against from goals scored in these games, the positions being determined in order of the greatest surplus.
d. Quotient — Dividing the goals scored in these games by the goals scored against, the positions being determined in order of the greatest quotient. A quotient involving dividing by zero (0) has higher standing than a quotient from dividing by any number other than zero. Where two or more teams have no goals against and the quotient tiebreaker is required, the teams shall be ranked high to low in descending order of “goals for.”

I guess this means that the Wave and OC1 will swap places...

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2017, 06:58:56 AM »
WAVE 3 beat Mariners yesterday, while OCHC 1 beat Bears. WAVE 3 retains first place by 1 point. Assuming both teams win out their last games, WAVE 3 will finish first. In the event of a tie, WAVE 3 beat OCHC and outscored them.  The WAVE 3 loss was a forfeit to enable them to go to Minnesota.

Just the facts Ma'am.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2017, 07:09:10 AM »
WAVE 3 beat Mariners yesterday, while OCHC 1 beat Bears. WAVE 3 retains first place by 1 point. Assuming both teams win out their last games, WAVE 3 will finish first. In the event of a tie, WAVE 3 beat OCHC and outscored them.  The WAVE 3 loss was a forfeit to enable them to go to Minnesota.

Just the facts Ma'am.

This needs to be moved to the bantam A thread. Also Wave three are not a playoff bound team so it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:09:01 AM by Pistonkev »

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2017, 08:39:59 AM »
Wave 3 were offered a crap deal last to play limited AA games with NO playoffs, OR accept demotion to a full A schedule, which is what they did.

Wave 3 are unbeaten in A, the loss is a forfeit so they could play in Minnesota. The only pretenders are OCHC 1, whom Wave 3 beat, and have outscored 100-63. OCHC have given up 18 goals. Wave 3 have given up 10, and Bears, whom OC beat yesterday.

I am not posting this for your benefit, PKiev, but for the benefit of readers who might be interested in facts.

Why do you have such a hate on for 14 year old boys who have taken enough abuse this season?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:42:05 AM by Crash »

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2017, 09:36:02 AM »
Wave 3 were offered a crap deal last to play limited AA games with NO playoffs, OR accept demotion to a full A schedule, which is what they did.

Wave 3 are unbeaten in A, the loss is a forfeit so they could play in Minnesota. The only pretenders are OCHC 1, whom Wave 3 beat, and have outscored 100-63. OCHC have given up 18 goals. Wave 3 have given up 10, and Bears, whom OC beat yesterday.

I am not posting this for your benefit, PKiev, but for the benefit of readers who might be interested in facts.

Why do you have such a hate on for 14 year old boys who have taken enough abuse this season?

I don't hate and have given the Wave kids tons of credit for their play in the past. I am just hearing that because of the PDR they will not be allowed in the A playoffs. Since they are an A team not saying they couldn't of played AA skill wise. Why post in the AA thread? 

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2017, 09:43:51 AM »

Pretenders? Really? WOW.  You guys get EXACTLY what you deserve, and you gladly pound on a division you are admittedly better than in an effort to "send a message", and yet you accuse PKev of hating on your team?  LMFAO!  Nobody I know has had anything bad to say about the boys, but you bring this misery on yourself.  If anyone is pretending, it's you posting in the AA thread.  NOBODY cares anymore about how CAHA is out to get you!  What you should be talking about is how one of your little angels walked out on his team after the first game in Phoenix. Now THAT'S Entertainment!!

OnePuck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »
 Okay, enough of that!
3 out of the 4 top teams who play in the Bantam AA division made it to States. The only team knocked out of the race were the Ducks 1 who lost badly to GSE2 in Sunday mornings game. SC Blackhawks took advantage of OC1’s slow started in the first period of their final game going up by two goals very quickly. OC picked up their game in the 2nd and 3rd period but it wasn’t enough and they lost 2-1. State championships should be a tight competitive weekend.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2017, 10:56:40 AM »
Yes, good showing for NoCal since they sent 3 of the 4 teams to state.

I still give the Sharks the overall nod with Bears and GSE just a tad behind them.

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #338 on: February 27, 2017, 11:33:27 AM »

I don't hate and have given the Wave kids tons of credit for their play in the past. I am just hearing that because of the PDR they will not be allowed in the A playoffs. Since they are an A team not saying they couldn't of played AA skill wise. Why post in the AA thread?

Just think how much shit we would have caught last season if we went in the Peewee AA thread and bragged about our Riptide team scoring 335 total goals last season; all while playing regular season games in the A bracket and AA tournaments? We didn't, because we expected them to score that much and skill wise, they were SUPPOSED to score that much due to the fact that they played in the crap-weak Peewee A division last season.

Just like the WAVE3 should be scoring 100+ if they are truly AA.

Crash, let it go, man.....no one cares that your team is beating up on weaker team in the wrong division. Maybe if you guys had scored 100 total during playing "UP" in AA tournaments and you posted about THAT, than you may earn yourself some street cred instead of being viewed as a crybaby braggart.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #339 on: February 27, 2017, 01:17:40 PM »
You guys can't have it both ways. Is WAVE 3 an AA team playing down?  Or is WAVE 3 an A team? You call it, but neither answer will make you happy.

They've played A games, AA games and AAA games. And beat the CAHA AA Blackhawks in the nastiest youth hockey game I've ever witnessed, in which one of our players had his wrist broken, among other things.

I am not going to comment on any of the internal player issues on the team. And I am not going to comment on SCAHA or CAHA and their politics.

All I can tell you is the boys have played through a ton of adversity and are more than ready for the playoffs. And that I will post wherever I feel like it.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #340 on: February 27, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »
You guys can't have it both ways. Is WAVE 3 an AA team playing down?  Or is WAVE 3 an A team? You call it, but neither answer will make you happy.

They've played A games, AA games and AAA games. And beat the CAHA AA Blackhawks in the nastiest youth hockey game I've ever witnessed, in which one of our players had his wrist broken, among other things.

I am not going to comment on any of the internal player issues on the team. And I am not going to comment on SCAHA or CAHA and their politics.

All I can tell you is the boys have played through a ton of adversity and are more than ready for the playoffs. And that I will post wherever I feel like it.

SCAHA shows them as a top A team.

Do you know 100% that they are allowed to play in the playoffs as an A team?   

The Hun

« Reply #341 on: February 27, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »
This is all water under the bridge now.

The real question that all should care about, is "what's next, the coming season?". How can we make sure that our kids gets the most challenge, so that their learning curve keeps rising at the right rate?

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #342 on: February 27, 2017, 01:44:19 PM »
All I can tell you is the boys have played through a ton of adversity and are more than ready for the playoffs...
That is, assuming they're allowed to play, right?  That Wave PWAA team thought they were in the playdowns......until a week before playdowns.

Having it both ways? Not sure anyone here really cares.  In hindsight, if you desired to play a AA schedule, maybe you guys should've gone independent, a la CJ his first year at the Ducks.  You could've spent your money traveling the country seeking the level of competition you desired instead of wasting a season of games in Bantam A.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #343 on: February 27, 2017, 03:18:27 PM »

WAVE3 IS A BANTAM A TEAM

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #344 on: February 27, 2017, 03:47:52 PM »
I don't know what SCAHA / CAHA / will do. And if I did I could not comment on it.

The deal last fall was a limited, bad schedule in AA and NO playoffs (Vacaville - one game) a 7 hour drive. WAVE 3 rejected it -- as would every one of you.

The alternative was to drop down to A, which is where we are. Presumably we will be allowed to play a full season.

My main concern is my own kid, who is finally not injured for the first time since October.