This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 334859 times)

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2016, 04:55:54 PM »
"If you only aspire to play in a beer league then why learn how to play the game of hockey? Any form of hockey that is non-checking should be called something else because it is not hockey."

Personally I don't care what it's called.  Let's call it tiddlywinks on ice.  Or parcheesi on skates.  If it gets kids playing longer and developing athletic skill, instead of sitting around posting dick pics on snapchat, I'm all for it!

Are they serously doing that at 10, 11 and 12 years old?  I guess some of the 12 year olds that have started puberty have but, I can not imagine 10 and 11 year olds doing that.  That is just bad parenting....

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2016, 11:13:09 PM »
"If you only aspire to play in a beer league then why learn how to play the game of hockey? Any form of hockey that is non-checking should be called something else because it is not hockey."

Personally I don't care what it's called.  Let's call it tiddlywinks on ice.  Or parcheesi on skates.  If it gets kids playing longer and developing athletic skill, instead of sitting around posting dick pics on snapchat, I'm all for it!

Are they serously doing that at 10, 11 and 12 years old?  I guess some of the 12 year olds that have started puberty have but, I can not imagine 10 and 11 year olds doing that.  That is just bad parenting....

The 04s are all angels but I hear those 06s are a pretty precocious bunch!😎

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2016, 12:04:47 AM »
This all started by letting Mites play up. That was the beginning of the problem. Last year 7 teams at least had  no business playing pee wee A. Last years AA was much stronger then this years too.

When your kid has played two years of full ice at mite and it is mandated that it is going to be cross ice, then you don't really have a choice.  It's time to move up a division. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:05:54 AM by Hockey05 »

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2016, 07:58:51 AM »
From the SCAHA minutes for Nov. 2015:

Ben Cohen stated that he has concerns about teams in divisions that do not belong there and would like to see a more competitive balance amongst the teams in each of the divisions. SCAHA needs to take a more active role in placing teams. Discussion followed on how to move teams after the pre-season schedule, etc. Scott Allegrini suggested that we could possibly schedule using geographical zones. Kevin Culbertson stated that we should form a committee and bring ideas to the table at the January meeting. All were in agreement. The competition committee will be made up of the following members: Steve Yovetich, Todd Thomasy, Scott Allegrini, Ben Frank and Dave Bigelow.

And from the Feb. 2016 minutes:

Chris deferred to Ben Frank, Chair of the SCAHA Competitive Advancement Committee. Ben Frank briefly touched upon the proposal and that the committee has yet to finalize its revised recommendations. They will be presenting their revised proposal at the next board meeting

No minutes have been posted since these.  Anyone know what was proposed or decided?  Interesting that Ben Frank was the chair of that committee. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2016, 08:24:39 AM »

Ben Cohen stated that he has concerns about teams in divisions that do not belong there and would like to see a more competitive balance amongst the teams in each of the divisions. SCAHA needs to take a more active role in placing teams. Discussion followed on how to move teams after the pre-season schedule, etc. Scott Allegrini suggested that we could possibly schedule using geographical zones. Kevin Culbertson stated that we should form a committee and bring ideas to the table at the January meeting. All were in agreement. The competition committee will be made up of the following members: Steve Yovetich, Todd Thomasy, Scott Allegrini, Ben Frank and Dave Bigelow.

Chris deferred to Ben Frank, Chair of the SCAHA Competitive Advancement Committee. Ben Frank briefly touched upon the proposal and that the committee has yet to finalize its revised recommendations. They will be presenting their revised proposal at the next board meeting

No minutes have been posted since these.  Anyone know what was proposed or decided?  Interesting that Ben Frank was the chair of that committee. 
                                              H. O. L. Y.           S. H. I. T.              !!!!!!!!!!

BF is chair of the committee on how to "properly" place teams. ??????

THAT has got to be the funniest shit to EVER appear on this board !!!

I would like to set up a committee to explore the possibility of getting the $$ BF owes me.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2016, 08:41:22 AM »
I guess there's no chance of moving teams down this season!
How in the hell can BF be the chair of the Competitive Advancement Committee! Unfreakinbelievable!

Handboni

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +9/-15
« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2016, 09:54:52 AM »
Ha!  Ben Frank is the owner and president of the Wildcats!!!!!  They always place their teams in the proper competitive division.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2016, 02:21:13 PM »
How in the hell can BF be the chair of the Competitive Advancement Committee! Unfreakinbelievable!

This is the biggest joke ever Holly Shit!

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2016, 03:43:39 PM »

This is the biggest joke ever Holly Shit!

Clearly SCAHA is incapable of self-governance or, at a minimum, self-governance in the interest of players and their families.    The more we learn about ice hockey and how it is governed, the more I regret we headed down this path.    Maybe we would find better ice hockey governance in Fiji or New Zealand.    Yes, I know they don't have hockey there but at least it would be better governed.   Ben Frank!   Who are these people???   

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2016, 08:59:21 PM »
Managers are being asked to email scores to scaha tomorrow rather than simply input scores and upload scores heels by Monday  night.  Just coincidence that declarations are due tomorrow?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2016, 08:59:37 PM »

H. O. L. Y.           S. H. I. T.              !!!!!!!!!!

BF is chair of the committee on how to "properly" place teams. ??? ???

THAT has got to be the funniest shit to EVER appear on this board !!!

I would like to set up a committee to explore the possibility of getting the $$ BF owes me.

This is like having a pedophile baby sit your kids. :o
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:00:12 PM by Pistonkev »

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2016, 11:26:15 PM »
Adjusted Standings After Pre Season Week Two.  Includes Tournament and SCAHA games.  Excludes scrimmages. 

1.    Ducks Runtso  (7-0.) Beat OCHC3 7-2.     Next  up:  PML (3-3)
      2.   Bears (5-0-2.)  Tied    OCHC2 5-5.  Next  up:  WC2 (0-2).
      3.   Wave 1/Lewis (4-1-2).  Beat   JK2 6-0 and  Wave 2 11-1.  Next up: M’s (0-6)           
      4.   OCHC 1/Silver (4-1-1).  Beat  JK1 3-2. Next: up Sts. (3-3)
      4.   OCHC 2/ Smerud (4-1-1).   Tied  Bears 5-5.  Next up:  Condors (4-3)
      6.    Ducks Kohn  (4-2). Bye.  Next up:  Blaze (2-4)
      6.   OCHC 3/ Bix (4-3).  Lost to Runtso Ducks 7-2.  Next up: Eagles. (3-2-1). 
      6.   Ont. Wave 3 (4-3).   Beat  WC2 14-3.   Next up: Heat (2-2-2)
      9.   Ontario Eagles (3-2-1).  BeatWave 2 11-2.  Next  up:  OCHC3 (4-3)
      10.  Maple Leafs (3-3)  Beat Condors 4-3.  Next up: Runtso Ducks (7-0).
      11.  Saints (3-3) Lost to Blaze 4-3.  Next up JK1 (1-4-1)
      12.  Condors  (2-4) .  Lost to PML 4-3.  Next up OCHC2 (4-1-1)      \

13.  Kings 1 (1-4-1).   Lost to OCHC 1 3-2. Next up Saints (3-3)
     14.  Heat  (2-2-2 ).  Beat Mariners 8-0.   Next up: Ontario Wave (4-3)     

15.  Blaze (2-4)
  Beat Saints 4-3.  Next up: Ducks 1 (4-2)

16.  Kings 2(0-4-2).  Lost to Wave 1 6-0. Next up: OCHC 1 (4-1-1).

17.  Mariners (0-6).  Lost to Heat 8-0. Next up: Wave 1 (4-1-2)
         18.  Wave 2 (1-6).  Lost to Wave 1 11-1 and Eagles 11-2.  Next up Lady Ducks.
         19.  Wildcats 1 (0-3).  Lost to Lady Ducks 22-0.  Next up: Condors (2-4)
        20. Wildcats 2 (0-2).  Lost to Ontario Wave 14-3.  Next up Bears (5-0-2)

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:59:54 AM by 6607 »

skates

« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2016, 11:28:02 PM »
January Meeting:

Scott Allegrini reminded the board that at the SCAHA November meeting, the SCAHA board appointed him as the chair of a Competitive Advancement Committee whose mandate was to review the competitive levels of the SCAHA A/B teams and to come up with a proposal that would promote competitive advancement in the league. The committee members are; Ben Frank, Todd Thomasy, Scott Allegrini, Steve Yovetich and Dave Bigelow. Scott deferred to Dave Bigelow who presented the committee’s proposal. Dave Bigelow distributed a power point presentation to the board. Dave highlighted some lproblems that exist in our league.

Divisions and levels cluttered with teams at varying skill Competitive games are random
Pressure on clubs guessing where teams should play Matchups producing false positives and negatives Competitive hockey exists in pockets
Preseason too short for sorting out A/B
No consideration placed on geography

The goal is to try and build a competitive environment and structure so that teams can have competitive games relative to their opponents across the season. The overall goal is to grow the sport, keep the players playing from Mites to Midgets. The committee is proposing to create two divisions, with one division being state bound and the other division league bound only. Dave Bigelow distributed a chart showing the ranking and division of the teams that are state bound only. The table uses the “top” 24 teams ranked into four-(4) pools of six-(6) teams each. Discussion followed. It was agreed upon that the non-state bound concept would be discarded. It was suggested the committee should revise the structure and use the same ranking/scheduling format as the chart presented but to apply it to A/BB/B pre-destined divisions and to have the league rank the teams into their appropriate division after the first 5-week play and then re-rank the teams after the 7- games played. The committee will regroup and re-present to the board at the next SCAHA board meeting.

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2016, 06:29:17 AM »
This all started by letting Mites play up. That was the beginning of the problem. Last year 7 teams at least had  no business playing pee wee A. Last years AA was much stronger then this years too.

When your kid has played two years of full ice at mite and it is mandated that it is going to be cross ice, then you don't really have a choice.  It's time to move up a division.

And since cross ice started kids seem to start younger with clubs.  I got an e-mail from a club looking for kids for track 2 this year down to 2011!  It will be interesting to see if SCAHA sticks to its guns and stops mites from playing up next season.

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2016, 08:18:13 AM »
This is Great. BF will have an 06 Bantam team next year.
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐