This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2016-17  (Read 290592 times)

Tommy, The Bomber

Re: Squirt A 2016-17
« Reply #495 on: December 04, 2016, 11:06:52 PM »
The Gulls also have an 08.

Both Goalies for the Kings played exceptionally well, and their defense was lights out, than add their speed and offensive players. Their a fine oiled machine.

The Ducks played well against the weakest teams, that's not gelling, that's just bad competition, if they wanted some credit they should've beat the Gulls or the Kings.

Just Saying

« Reply #496 on: December 05, 2016, 07:49:36 AM »
Its eerily quiet in here.   Didn't anyone have anything good or bad to say about the past weekend?   Hmmm.. peculiar.

Well, what is there to say? The biggest surprise, perhaps, is the weak competition. SoCal pretty much hammered everyone. That said, the Kings did exactly as many anticipated them to do... but the Kings parents aren't going to gloat... much. The Orange County All Stars formerly known as the Ducks were hit and miss, as anticipated with a thrown together team lacking true chemistry, and the Gulls probably underperformed, considering they sent their intact '06 SQWA team (minus 3 non-06 players).  The biggest discussion point, though... might be "who" will lose the ego and announce a consolidated true '07 team to rival the '07 Kings next year in PWAA?

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #497 on: December 05, 2016, 08:18:31 AM »
Next year we will play PWA, hopefully the 07 play AA but due to politics and egos that may not happen. Either way unless they learn to trust each other and play as a unit they will always be a runner up to the Kings.

Go Kings_26

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-22
« Reply #498 on: December 05, 2016, 08:52:33 AM »
Tommy - Who's "we?"  Are you referring to the kings or the Ducks? 

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #499 on: December 05, 2016, 08:56:35 AM »
My son is a 06 and he will play PWA, hes not ready for AA. The Ducks I'm referring to. I don't know about the inner workings of the Kings, I just see that they play well as a unit.

bobbyrobby

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-0
« Reply #500 on: December 05, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
Surprised you feel that way TTB. Your son did well in the Ducks mini 1 on 1 squirt division as goalie, didn't he?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:46:52 AM by bobbyrobby »

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #501 on: December 05, 2016, 09:49:51 AM »
We will tryout for AA but has not ready. I'm a realist

Just Saying

« Reply #502 on: December 05, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »
A realist would know that PW is watered down. B is basically in-house. BB/A is a hodgepodge of kids that belong there and kids that don't. AA isn't much more consistent.  There will likely be a Ducks PWAA team next year with 07s on it, but the question is if it'll be all 07s or have some 06s like the Kings PWAA 06/05 team this year.  If the Ducks ever want to seriously contend with the 07 Kings, who will get better and better as the years go by, they'll need to make some tough decisions this Spring. 

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #503 on: December 05, 2016, 10:04:53 AM »
I agree with you, but i also know that he will get better by playing more, the Ducks coaches won't be able to put their differences aside, if they could they wouldve this year. And once they pick the coaches for Brick if one is left out it will get even.worse.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #504 on: December 05, 2016, 10:31:37 AM »
A realist would know that PW is watered down. B is basically in-house. BB/A is a hodgepodge of kids that belong there and kids that don't. AA isn't much more consistent.  There will likely be a Ducks PWAA team next year with 07s on it, but the question is if it'll be all 07s or have some 06s like the Kings PWAA 06/05 team this year.  If the Ducks ever want to seriously contend with the 07 Kings, who will get better and better as the years go by, they'll need to make some tough decisions this Spring.

No bone to pick in this thread, but Peewee B is peewee B.  If you want to play hockey, you have to start somewhere. 
You mention BB/A is a hodge podge of kids that don't belong there.  Where do they belong then?  Then you write that AA isn't more consistent.  How many games are you watching?  Good teams at AA don't have serious weaknesses and are consistent. 
A piece of advice, get informed before you have little Johnny Hockey skate up.  More than one team has struggled skating up this season and sometimes clubs push kids to skate up to meet tier requirements.  The Kings team you reference has one win in CAHA. 
The only division you haven't mentioned is, AAA.  If you are looking for that, I'm sure you can find it.  Somebody will tell you whatever you want and cash the check. 

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #505 on: December 05, 2016, 11:18:54 AM »
It would be very surprising if the Ducks did not have an 07 PW AA team next year.  That's is their paradigm, several Ducks coaches and/or NHL alumni have 07 kids, and over the past few years they have done a much better job than the Kings at recruiting.  The problem for the Ducks is that they have two very good PWA teams, and they cannot have three AA teams.  Best guess is that one of the PWA teams slides over to OCHC to make room for 07 PWAA team.

Just Saying

« Reply #506 on: December 05, 2016, 12:08:20 PM »

No bone to pick in this thread, but Peewee B is peewee B.  If you want to play hockey, you have to start somewhere. 
You mention BB/A is a hodge podge of kids that don't belong there.  Where do they belong then?  Then you write that AA isn't more consistent.  How many games are you watching?  Good teams at AA don't have serious weaknesses and are consistent. 
A piece of advice, get informed before you have little Johnny Hockey skate up.  More than one team has struggled skating up this season and sometimes clubs push kids to skate up to meet tier requirements.  The Kings team you reference has one win in CAHA. 
The only division you haven't mentioned is, AAA.  If you are looking for that, I'm sure you can find it.  Somebody will tell you whatever you want and cash the check.

Informed how? I said that the Ducks will have an 07 PWAA team next year, which they will. And the next year they will be AAA Minor.  And the following they will be AAA Major. Am I missing something?   

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #507 on: December 05, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
Just Saying, you think the coaches will be able to co-exist. More importantly which one will be HC? Just asking

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #508 on: December 05, 2016, 12:19:13 PM »

Informed how? I said that the Ducks will have an 07 PWAA team next year, which they will. And the next year they will be AAA Minor.  And the following they will be AAA Major. Am I missing something?   

I'm confused and just don't understand how that 07 team can be AA next year. Especially if they will not even be the strongest team of of the 3?? Do we all think they will be better than Khon and Runtso?

Just Saying

« Reply #509 on: December 05, 2016, 12:38:59 PM »

I'm confused and just don't understand how that 07 team can be AA next year. Especially if they will not even be the strongest team of of the 3?? Do we all think they will be better than Khon and Runtso?

Really we're just theorizing... but to eventually have PW AAA Minor/Major, the 07s will play up next year. PW A would be smart, but they're often pushed to AA. Should they? Probably not. Who will coach? Just as hazy.