This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2016-17  (Read 290615 times)

Tommy, The Bomber

Re: Squirt A 2016-17
« Reply #555 on: December 11, 2016, 07:54:16 PM »
Lol, I can't believe there were that many, unless there was a bench clearing brawl among some 9 & 10 year olds.

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #556 on: December 11, 2016, 08:17:21 PM »
Dogs 6 kings 2 worst ref job I have ever seen Dogs were the better team today, but not 4 goals better.

All kidding aside... there were 19 penalties in your game?? That's just stupid.

The Ref started calling ticky-tack fouls twenty-two seconds in and just kept going.  It was very one-sided until the Ref decided to give some make-up calls in the third.  Now, believe me, the Kings were awful today  and this certainly played a big role.  Unfortunately the Ref inserted himself early and impacted the flow of the game.

sjtender31

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #557 on: December 11, 2016, 08:59:16 PM »
Dogs 6 kings 2 worst ref job I have ever seen Dogs were the better team today, but not 4 goals better.

Well.....the Dogs were actually every bit of those 4 goals better and actually 5 if were being honest. The kings definitely got themselves into penalty trouble as did the dogs at times. The Dogs were relentless in 5 on 5 action and had at least (2) short handed goals. The Dogs scored another goal that was disallowed because the net came off; however if the zebra would have actually been in position he would have seen that the net came off after the puck had long been in the net. Credit to the Kings for the valiant effort in the the 3rd period. They had numerous PP opportunities including a 5 on 3 for almost a full 2 min and the Dogs tender came up big every time he needed to, including multiple 1 on 1 opportunities. Top to bottom, the Dogs outplayed the Kings on this Sunday and they were indeed 4 goals better. That's not a knock on the Kings by any means, if anyone has truly followed the division the top teams are all pretty capable of competing with each other on "any given Sunday"

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #558 on: December 11, 2016, 11:27:14 PM »

Well.....the Dogs were actually every bit of those 4 goals better and actually 5 if were being honest. The kings definitely got themselves into penalty trouble as did the dogs at times. The Dogs were relentless in 5 on 5 action and had at least (2) short handed goals. The Dogs scored another goal that was disallowed because the net came off; however if the zebra would have actually been in position he would have seen that the net came off after the puck had long been in the net. Credit to the Kings for the valiant effort in the the 3rd period. They had numerous PP opportunities including a 5 on 3 for almost a full 2 min and the Dogs tender came up big every time he needed to, including multiple 1 on 1 opportunities. Top to bottom, the Dogs outplayed the Kings on this Sunday and they were indeed 4 goals better. That's not a knock on the Kings by any means, if anyone has truly followed the division the top teams are all pretty capable of competing with each other on "any given Sunday"

That's a load the refs spotted you two goals and you scored an empty netter. Of it was such a dominant performance then how was the game tied 2-2 until late in the 2nd pd?

sjtender31

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #559 on: December 12, 2016, 07:22:59 AM »
 The refs spotted us two goals???  Yes we were up 2–0;  however one of them came on the power play and one of them was SHORTHANDED!!!  The reason the game was tied at one point in the 2nd was because of those exact ticky-tack calls you referred to.  And if you were going to paint the picture about the empty net goal, tell it like it is..... you guys had a full two-man advantage and your coaches with five minutes left in the game & chose to pull the goalie.  So that gave you a three-man advantage and you got scored on again  SHORTHANDED!!!  When you're team had plenty of opportunities in the third period, they were stopped.  In fact, late in the 2nd With a 2 on 0 situation our goalie robbed your player which shifted momentum because we turned around and scored a goal (equal strength) right after.  After we scored to go ahead, your team was given numerous power-play opportunities and had no answer;  it happens, they are all young players and some days just go this way.  You have a very good little group over there,  and yesterday just wasn't their day.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 07:38:32 AM by sjtender31 »

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #560 on: December 12, 2016, 07:46:42 AM »
Sounds like there is a rivalry brewing. Don't worry we won't mention the San Jose Goalie that comes down to play with you guys. Different Day, Different Battle. Lol way to recruit within

Just Saying

« Reply #561 on: December 12, 2016, 08:02:57 AM »
UH OH... circle that next Jr. Kings/Ice Dogs matchup on the calendar... a blood feud has begun!

sjtender31

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #562 on: December 12, 2016, 08:09:05 AM »
No "rivalry" on this side, the Dogs are coached to understand that every game is a new game and that on any day, anyone can be beat.

The San Jose goalie definitely loves playing with his Dogs teammates!! This  doesn't have anything to do with "recruiting",  it has everything to do with a long standing friendship between the dads, that has  been passed on to the boys/families. Not sure why this is such a big deal to some, the tender is a great kid and does a good job between the pipes.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #563 on: December 12, 2016, 08:41:00 AM »
Just Saying, January 22nd, 2017 is the rematch.
Sjtender31, are you implying that no other coach prepares their kids like it's a new game. Also I wasn't referring to the tender not being a good kid or anything.
Goalie_dad, i know it's early but what's the lines and ranking for next week. It looks like the Dogs are in the top 4 finally. Lol

Go Kings_26

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-22
« Reply #564 on: December 12, 2016, 08:48:45 AM »
The refs spotted us two goals???  Yes we were up 2–0;  however one of them came on the power play and one of them was SHORTHANDED!!!  The reason the game was tied at one point in the 2nd was because of those exact ticky-tack calls you referred to.  And if you were going to paint the picture about the empty net goal, tell it like it is..... you guys had a full two-man advantage and your coaches with five minutes left in the game & chose to pull the goalie.  So that gave you a three-man advantage and you got scored on again  SHORTHANDED!!!  When you're team had plenty of opportunities in the third period, they were stopped.  In fact, late in the 2nd With a 2 on 0 situation our goalie robbed your player which shifted momentum because we turned around and scored a goal (equal strength) right after.  After we scored to go ahead, your team was given numerous power-play opportunities and had no answer;  it happens, they are all young players and some days just go this way.  You have a very good little group over there,  and yesterday just wasn't their day.
Not sure what game you were watching....at no point were the ice dogs dominating; however, in several instances the kings were asleep. How does a dominating team not score more goals with multiple 5 on 3s?  I had expected a tougher team, and surely had not expected a Kings hangover.  I think I saw one play where the ice dogs actually had to work for a goal.  Reminded me a lot of the Gulls 5 to 1 defeat of the kings a few months back.  The Gulls have since lost twice to the Kings.  With respect to the goal being off, you were obviously not near the net because you could hear a dad yelling the net was off and see the goalie talking to the ref prior to the goal. Were you on rink B for this one?

Go Kings_26

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-22
« Reply #565 on: December 12, 2016, 08:49:58 AM »
The best part of the entire game were the ice dogs parents yelling that the Kings were coached to fall!  That was hilarious.....I think they have figured out the secret sauce.....Kings do superman all practice long.  Classy Ice Dogs, Classy.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #566 on: December 12, 2016, 09:05:26 AM »
I look forward to trying to beat the Kings, but try not to brag if we do. They are an all 07 team and if we were to pump our chest about beating kids younger than ours what would that show. I wish my kid was good enough to play on a birth year team and up at the same time. I give credit to those young kids for playing at this level, but in the same breath hope we beat then in the future. Lol i wasnt there but their coaching staff have a great resume.

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #567 on: December 12, 2016, 09:28:23 AM »
A team with a goalie from San Jose and a poster on calhockey named sjtender31 bragging in every post about how good said goalie is. Gee, I wonder who in the world could that be?

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #568 on: December 12, 2016, 09:48:10 AM »
A team with a goalie from San Jose and a poster on calhockey named sjtender31 bragging in every post about how good said goalie is. Gee, I wonder who in the world could that be?

Clearly just a fan of 10 year old goalie prospects!

Handboni

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +9/-15
« Reply #569 on: December 12, 2016, 10:07:23 AM »
California is known for producing goalies prospects in the last few years.