Hockey Discussions > Peewee Hockey

PEEWEE AA how much is to much ? About $23,000 collected for team fees !

(1/8) > >>

hockeyrules:
How much has your team managers collected for tournements and coaches fees ect. $23,000 for 2 local in town  tournys and 3 out of state and play downs. How about $1300.00 or so for the 3 coaches to pay for gifts ?
 Is it standard practice for team managers to refuse to show team parents  (proof)  or actual reciepts for the money that has been spent ?
 Was just curious if this is normal. Thanks

Kangaroo Jack:
3 out of state tournaments
Flights
Hotels
Rent a car
Food
Coaches fees
2 local tournaments
Extra Ice time
$1,300 per person extra does not seem like anyone is getting rich of this. 🤑

trans4761:

--- Quote from: hockeyrules on February 14, 2017, 05:16:24 AM ---How much has your team managers collected for tournements and coaches fees ect. $23,000 for 2 local in town  tournys and 3 out of state and play downs. How about $1300.00 or so for the 3 coaches to pay for gifts ?
 Is it standard practice for team managers to refuse to show team parents  (proof)  or actual reciepts for the money that has been spent ?
 Was just curious if this is normal. Thanks

--- End quote ---
All teams managers are required to show ALL parents where the money is going.  My wife/I have been managing myr younger sons team for a few years and is a pretty thankless job.  We do it because we want our families to have the best experience possible.  We all spend too much money in this great sport to have a bad experience. Some parents don't get it.  Thinking their kid is going strait to Div 1 school and then the NHL. Some people just want their kids to enjoy their youth hockey days yo have fun and build a strong character foundation.  Now we ALL want our kids to get better,  there are just different philosophies on how to do it.  That's where the problems come in.  People don't get their way and the shit hits the fan.  The fact that you are basically throwing a temper tantrum with your two posts, tells me that more than likely one of those PAIN IN THE ASS parents that A) Think their kid is better than he is. B) Away saying it's some one else fault (because it COULDN'T be my little Johnny that's a head case).
Would be surprised if you still even on a team.  Poor kid.........he's doomed !!

area51:
Our team budget it pushing $28,000 this season depending on if the boys make it to States. 2 out of state tournaments, 3 local tournaments, Caha weekends, Playdowns and an extra half a sheet of ice a week. Manager should have an estimated budget at the beginning of the year and a the budget should be shared with the parents throughout the year.

hockeyrules:
  I wish it was as simple as me throwing a temper tantrum. The thankless job of managing a team is not new to my family, we have had the pleasure a few times.
It can be and had been trying at times  however the love of the game and our kids made it worth while.
The "THANKLESS JOB" part is blown out you want thanks your in it for the wrong reason. When your collecting cash from parents they have a right to know the details, is it to much to ask for bank statements and recepits ? Shouldnt be if there is nothing to hide right?
AS YOU stated there are rules to being a manager so it should be easy to have Caha, scaha , usa hockey or anyone in a position of authority in these matters to help out .Well I truly hope you never have to deal with the chain of command and the bullshit excuses and passing of the so called buck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version