Hockey Discussions > Squirt Hockey

Looking for an Association

(1/2) > >>

LookingForAnswers:

Hi All,

My family is moving from Seattle to Artesia, and I need to find a team for my kid.  She's been playing goalie for her Rep team this year.  I saw the SCAHA website and saw that there are a ton of associations down there.  With every association, there are going to be pluses and minuses; however, I want, like every other parent, someplace where my kid can get the proper coaching and have fun in the process.  Any suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks.

Kalishock:
That will all depend on the age.. experience..    several factors.  Artesia specific has the California Wave.   The nice thing about Artesia.. is that it is literally in the middle of just about all of the rinks that field teams for SCAHA.

Good luck...   I know there are some very competitive teams out here.

Ziegler:
Just to give you the lay of the land, if you are looking for convenience sake the order would go as follows...

California Wave.  Rink will be in your back yard.
Jr. Ducks.   The 3 rinks they primarily use are not too difficult to get to from Artesia 
Jr. Kings.  They use Lakewood for some teams and is close. El Segundo is a bit further but not unrealistic

Other programs will require more travel time.

As for the quality and politics of each club you will have to do some research

Deuce:

--- Quote from: LookingForAnswers on March 15, 2017, 10:17:42 AM ---
Hi All,

My family is moving from Seattle to Artesia, and I need to find a team for my kid.  She's been playing goalie for her Rep team this year.  I saw the SCAHA website and saw that there are a ton of associations down there.  With every association, there are going to be pluses and minuses; however, I want, like every other parent, someplace where my kid can get the proper coaching and have fun in the process.  Any suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks.

--- End quote ---

What birth year is your daughter?

LookingForAnswers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version