Hockey Discussions > Midget Hockey

CAHA Tier 2 Peewee/Bantam/U16 changes for 2017-2018

(1/10) > >>

lcadad:
I've spoken to a number of people about these changes.  From those conversations and some discussion here, I received a number of ideas as to how best to communicate these concerns to CAHA. 

Obviously one way to handle this is through the member clubs, but the reality is that the CAHA board already passed this right through to implementation. 

In searching for another avenue of expression, there's the email address provided with the announcement, however, direct communications doesn't provide any visibility or transparency.

If you are concerned or downright disagree with the plans for CAHA Tier 2, there's another option:  this online Petition.

The url for the Petition for sharing is:  https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/call-to-abandon-unnecessary-and-problematic

If there's enough interest, I'll make sure that the petition is forwarded to the CAHA board. 

dreal:

If you feel strongly about changing the Tier II format, I was told to attend the CAHA board meeting.  If enough people show up to express their disagreement, the possibility exists that they will revisit the issue.  The petition is a great idea, but actual people, expressing their concerns is another.  Additionally, I was told that some AA coaches are working on an alternate format to present at the meeting.  Here is the information regarding the CAHA meeting.

[font=]The CAHA Meeting is June 17th 9:00 at[/font]
[font=]DoubleTree LAX-El Segundo[/font]
[font=]1985 E Grand Ave [/font]
[font=]El Segundo CA [/font]

MO-ICETIME:

--- Quote from: dreal on May 04, 2017, 08:21:30 PM ---
If you feel strongly about changing the Tier II format, I was told to attend the CAHA board meeting.  If enough people show up to express their disagreement, the possibility exists that they will revisit the issue.  The petition is a great idea, but actual people, expressing their concerns is another.  Additionally, I was told that some AA coaches are working on an alternate format to present at the meeting.  Here is the information regarding the CAHA meeting.

--- End quote ---

Ohh noo.. you mean actually get involved??

Now that is a novel idea!!

skates:

--- End quote ---

Too bad the meeting is after tryouts, should be before.

MO-ICETIME:

--- Quote from: skates on May 04, 2017, 09:25:55 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Too bad the meeting is after tryouts, should be before.

--- End quote ---

Do you really think this rule or anything they come up with will stop AA families from trying out for AA?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version