Special Interest > In House Hockey

In-House 4 Travel players, Confidence builder & Ice time vs bad habits & unreal

<< < (2/2)

Maverick:

--- Quote from: Teemu8 on May 17, 2017, 01:25:01 PM ---I personally don't think they should even allow travel players on in-house teams, although I was quilty of letting my kid do it for 2 seasons.  They just dominate the game too much.  The other kids never get to touch the puck and that is the only hockey they get.  Let the in house players play in house and go find a clinic or a 4 on 4 for your travel player.

--- End quote ---

Wow!  So, if for some reason I decide I don't want to pay for travel, don't like the teams or coaches available at my home rink, and I don't want to drive 1 plus hour each way to another rink my kids cant play hockey anymore, or just do clinics?  OK, got it.  I have to admit when my kids first started in a house team there was some travel level kids we played with and against that bothered me, but now I realize that travel hockey is not mandatory if your kid is good, its just kids playing a game, and as in any other sport or life some are just better at it. 

#4BobbyOrr:
at the jr kings the house league is included in the dues.  The track 2 kids play mites and the track 1 kids play squirts.  Will be interesting to see what happens this year since the 09's won't be allowed to play squirt travel.  By graduating out of mite travel early they also graduated out of the house league too.  Now there will be 15 or so more travel kids in the house league than last year, and they will be better players to boot. 

Also TSC has the blake league in the spring, which is a house league for travel players and advanced house leaguers.  10 games, no practices, roughly $300.  mites and squirts only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version