Hockey Discussions > Midget Hockey

Tier II Flight System. This is gonna make for a hell of a thread......

(1/13) > >>

Puck Yeah:

CAHA Tier II Flight System Administration Guidelines for 2017-18 Season
Jun 19, 2017  7:32 PM
On June 17, 2017, the CAHA Board of Directors adopted the following CAHA Tier II Flight System Administration Guidelines

1)   All Tier II teams will be required to participate in Preseason Evaluation Jamboree; failure to attend will result in disqualification from all Tier II participation.
2)   In order to ‘Flight’ a division there must be a minimum of 12 teams (6 teams per flight minimum).
3)   Flight 1 will have a maximum of 10 teams.
4)   CAHA may schedule multiple rounds of games within the CAHA weekends to assure each team gets 12 – 18 games.
5)   If after preseason jamboree evaluation the Evaluation Committee determines a particular division cannot be equitably split into two divisions that division will play as a whole without being split into two flights.
6)   Evaluation Jamboree format will be 1‐hour mini game slots, with a 3 minute warmup, (2) 25 minute runtime periods, and a 1 minute intermission between periods.
7)   Teams will play minimum of four (4) games (any team may be asked to play a 5th game at the jamboree at the request of the evaluation committee).
8)   The two weeks following the Preseason Evaluation Jamboree, teams are subject to being required to play further evaluation “prove me” game(s) within their respective leagues (SCAHA/NORCAL) if requested by the Evaluation Committee.
9)   CAHA will ensure no less than three (3) evaluators are assessing each age division (if possible, evaluators will not review multiple age divisions).
10)   Tier II Playdowns will still be an 8 team playdown.
11)   Flight 1/Flight 2 Playdown Scenarios: a.   Flight 1 has 6 teams; #1 and #2 seed from Flight 2 advance to playdowns.
b.   Flight 1 has 7 teams; #1 seed from Flight 2 advances to playdowns.
c.   Flight 1 has 8 teams; #1 seed from Flight 2 has play‐in game against Flight 1 #8 seed, winner advances to playdowns.
d.   Flight 1 has 9 teams; #1 seed from Flight 2 has play‐in game against Flight 1 #8 seed, winner advances to playdowns.
e.   Flight 1 has 10 teams; #1 seed from Flight 2 has play‐in game against Flight 1 #8 seed, winner advances to playdowns.
12)   When Flight 2 #1 seed has play‐in game against Flight 1 #8 seed, the Flight 1 team shall be the home team, with the Flight 2 team traveling to play said game.
13)   In the event a Flight 2 #1 seed declines the opportunity for the play‐in game, the Flight 1 #8 seed will advance to playdowns.

2017 Jamboree Information:
-   The 2017 CAHA Tier II Jamboree will be held at Sharks Ice San Jose September 1st – 4th.
-   Games may start as early as 5pm on Friday and may end as late as 6pm on Monday.
-   If needed, games may be scheduled at Sharks Ice – Fremont
-   Teams are not required to stay at host hotels.
-   The first two (2) games for each team shall be pre-determined; the following games will be scheduled based on the Evaluation Committee recommendations.
-   The fee for the Jamboree is $900.00 per team , payable to CAHA, and is due by August 20th to:
Laura Cahn
349 Nancy Circle
Vacaville, CA 95687

hipcheck34:
I am so glad my kid decided not to stay and play AA this year....WOOHOO what a joke this league has turned into.

Puck Yeah:
I think CAHA has realized the huge problem the original idea was going to cause and has since (with this) tried to remedy the shortcomings.  It remains to be seen if this will have any success in the face what is certain to be at least half the teams offering objection and criticism.

I can see the problem that California has with teams that don't belong in a division insisting on playing in that division.  Whether this will have any positive impact remains to be seen.  Sometimes the cure can be worse than the disease.

Nowhearthis:
Looking at the club declarations, only 12AA has 16 teams for an 8-8 split.  14AA/16AA have 14 and 13 teams respectively, which would make for a straight simple season of playing all teams once.   Even considering past level disparity, it doesn't seem that all 3 leagues would need to do the Jamboree Junket. 

And then consider that the end result of what is now demanded will be that all the same disparate teams will for sure be playing each other anyway, just showcased for a selected committee at an expensive travel venue. That makes sense!  (BTW can someone tell me how to apply to be a delegate?  Gotta be some comp'd brew there somewhere.)

Teemu8:

--- Quote from: Nowhearthis on June 20, 2017, 02:10:09 PM ---Looking at the club declarations, only 12AA has 16 teams for an 8-8 split.  14AA/16AA have 14 and 13 teams respectively, which would make for a straight simple season of playing all teams once.   Even considering past level disparity, it doesn't seem that all 3 leagues would need to do the Jamboree Junket. 

And then consider that the end result of what is now demanded will be that all the same disparate teams will for sure be playing each other anyway, just showcased for a selected committee at an expensive travel venue. That makes sense!  (BTW can someone tell me how to apply to be a delegate?  Gotta be some comp'd brew there somewhere.)

--- End quote ---

You're not counting the norcal team declarations... I did not look at 12U or 16U but 14U has 14 in socal and 4 more in norcal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version