Hockey Discussions > Mite Hockey

Mite B 2017-2018 SCAHA

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deuce:
How did everyone's teams do?

TopCorns88:
Saw lots of smiling faces and kids having fun out there. The JD teams looked good.  Ice Dogs and Lady Ducks were competitive. Didn't see any of the Gulls games.

On a gameplay note:
The players had no direct access to their sheet on the one section with full ADM boards.  There was less than 30 seconds of playing time per shift in some cases.  This was caused by an often unattended door on the ice between crossice sections that the players could not open. It was unacceptable. I'm sure some rinks are better suited than others and some sections of a crossice setup work better.  IcePlex/SCAHA/teams/officials need to address this or everyone is just wasting their time and money.

Deuce:

--- Quote from: TopCorns88 on September 18, 2017, 11:24:22 PM ---Saw lots of smiling faces and kids having fun out there. The JD teams looked good.  Ice Dogs and Lady Ducks were competitive. Didn't see any of the Gulls games.

On a gameplay note:
The players had no direct access to their sheet on the one section with full ADM boards.  There was less than 30 seconds of playing time per shift in some cases.  This was caused by an often unattended door on the ice between crossice sections that the players could not open. It was unacceptable. I'm sure some rinks are better suited than others and some sections of a crossice setup work better.  IcePlex/SCAHA/teams/officials need to address this or everyone is just wasting their time and money.

--- End quote ---

We played in Carlsbad and didn't have that problem. I don't think our Mite team has played at the IcePlex but that seems ridiculous and should be addressed. You should have your Club Director email the SCAHA mite director and let him know what happened so he can address it with the rink.

I know Mite games are basically just scrimmages but when shifts get cut down to 30 seconds of actual playing they need to fix that.

TopCorns88:
The situation from the first jamboree has been addressed with the team/club.  We will see if SCAHA takes note or if they give the benefit of the facility to fix the problem on their own.  Back at IcePlex again tomorrow for jamboree #2. 

Looking forward to watching the progression of our team and the teams we have seen so far.  This is certainly a great division to see dramatic improvement over the course of the season.  Player skill sets are developing and teams start to gel. 

Deuce:
Looks like they are going to try and pseudo split the Mite B division until an upper and lower group.

That would be good as there is a wide range of experience level in Mite B.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version