Other Topics > General Hockey Discussion

Dryland training facility

(1/2) > >>

hockeydad47:
Would a facility that has a synthetic skatable surface for shooting and stick handling, be in demand in close proximity to OC and Riverside border? Would there be enough interest where people would pay a monthly membership to have access to such facility? What if coaches had access in order to also provide shooting lessons, would that create more interest?

Deuce:
KHS has one and they are shutting it down. One in Ontario has also recently shut down.

hockeydad47:
Are these facilities shutting down because of cost causing lack of use? I have been to KHS and what they charge for coaches to use the equipment is kind of outrageous. Would a reasonably price monthly membership create a more sought after facility?

Puck Yeah:

--- Quote from: hockeydad47 on October 30, 2017, 02:48:47 PM ---Are these facilities shutting down because of cost causing lack of use? I have been to KHS and what they charge for coaches to use the equipment is kind of outrageous. Would a reasonably price monthly membership create a more sought after facility?

--- End quote ---

Synthetic is problematic.  Tough on skates, makes flakes and dust.  It does not feel like ice.  It is also crazy expensive for the good stuff.  I think roller hockey is a better training option.

4 check:

--- Quote from: Puck Yeah on October 30, 2017, 04:08:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: hockeydad47 on October 30, 2017, 02:48:47 PM ---Are these facilities shutting down because of cost causing lack of use? I have been to KHS and what they charge for coaches to use the equipment is kind of outrageous. Would a reasonably price monthly membership create a more sought after facility?

--- End quote ---

Many people have tried it back to Laguna Hockey Academy, insurance is the killer
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version