Hockey Discussions > High School Hockey

Thank you THA!!!!!

(1/2) > >>

hipcheck34:
just wanted to give a huge shout out to THA and all the coaches. What an incredible experience it has been for my son over the last 3 years. It was a bumpy start, but the future is so bright for this program and I can’t wait to watch the team next year as they have so many talented boys coming in. Kinda wish my kid had one year left. Lol. Well off to Tahoe next week to watch the kid take his graduation walk with honors.

CahaMama:
Congrats to your boy and his jump to Jr Hockey! I am so proud of him (he really is one of my favorites :) We have one year left there. I must give a BIG shoutout to THA and all involved. It is a young program - just wrapping up year 3. My son has come so far in such a short time. This year has exploded for them with the number of kids moving on to Jr Hockey around the country. I was unsure of what we were getting into in the beginning, but I am thoroughly pleased and looking forward to our last year there. Best wishes to you hipcheck!

Landshark:
A friend of mine at the rink summed up THA pretty well.

“If your kid can make a AAA roster, don’t go to THA”

“If your kid can’t make a AAA roster and you don’t feel the obligation to parent your child through his formative years, send that kid to THA.”

hipcheck34:

--- Quote from: Landshark on May 21, 2019, 04:23:39 PM ---A friend of mine at the rink summed up THA pretty well.

“If your kid can make a AAA roster, don’t go to THA”

“If your kid can’t make a AAA roster and you don’t feel the obligation to parent your child through his formative years, send that kid to THA.”

--- End quote ---

So if that’s the case why did we have a few kids leave AAA teams last year to attend THA? Also had a few more kids leave AAA teams to play THA next year. Everyone has there opinion and THA isn’t for every kid. Just realize this program isn't going anywhere. They have grown every year and this year they will be even stronger. I look forward to watching THA grow into one of the top Prep academy’s for young players. 

Hockey sophist:
Landshark' quote:  “If your kid can’t make a AAA roster and you don’t feel the obligation to parent your child through his formative years, send that kid to THA.”
This could be said about any sport where one's child is sent off to play and study.   It is unrelated to making a AAA.   As stated it is just snarky, clever perhaps but snarky.   

Sending one's child off to prep school, juniors, or THA is a difficult and personal decision.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version