This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Thank you THA!!!!!  (Read 12305 times)

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
  • I love the smell of ice....
Thank you THA!!!!!
« on: May 21, 2019, 09:21:39 AM »
just wanted to give a huge shout out to THA and all the coaches. What an incredible experience it has been for my son over the last 3 years. It was a bumpy start, but the future is so bright for this program and I can’t wait to watch the team next year as they have so many talented boys coming in. Kinda wish my kid had one year left. Lol. Well off to Tahoe next week to watch the kid take his graduation walk with honors.

CahaMama

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-5
Re: Thank you THA!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 01:09:16 PM »
Congrats to your boy and his jump to Jr Hockey! I am so proud of him (he really is one of my favorites :) We have one year left there. I must give a BIG shoutout to THA and all involved. It is a young program - just wrapping up year 3. My son has come so far in such a short time. This year has exploded for them with the number of kids moving on to Jr Hockey around the country. I was unsure of what we were getting into in the beginning, but I am thoroughly pleased and looking forward to our last year there. Best wishes to you hipcheck!

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 04:23:39 PM »
A friend of mine at the rink summed up THA pretty well.

“If your kid can make a AAA roster, don’t go to THA”

“If your kid can’t make a AAA roster and you don’t feel the obligation to parent your child through his formative years, send that kid to THA.”

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 08:16:47 AM »
A friend of mine at the rink summed up THA pretty well.

“If your kid can make a AAA roster, don’t go to THA”

“If your kid can’t make a AAA roster and you don’t feel the obligation to parent your child through his formative years, send that kid to THA.”

So if that’s the case why did we have a few kids leave AAA teams last year to attend THA? Also had a few more kids leave AAA teams to play THA next year. Everyone has there opinion and THA isn’t for every kid. Just realize this program isn't going anywhere. They have grown every year and this year they will be even stronger. I look forward to watching THA grow into one of the top Prep academy’s for young players. 

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 10:55:14 AM »
Landshark' quote:  “If your kid can’t make a AAA roster and you don’t feel the obligation to parent your child through his formative years, send that kid to THA.”
This could be said about any sport where one's child is sent off to play and study.   It is unrelated to making a AAA.   As stated it is just snarky, clever perhaps but snarky.   

Sending one's child off to prep school, juniors, or THA is a difficult and personal decision.

HockeyPop2297

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-6
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 01:11:46 PM »
Majority of parents and coaches aren’t familiar with why Tahoe exists, the different teams they have and their focus on developing the player. AAA does not include player development, so still need to have extra sticktimes if the player wants to continue to improve. Without improving their game, the visibility AAA claims to offer is a short-term gain. Clubs will always have players lined up to play AAA, so developing players to be better isn’t top of their priority list.  Tahoe’s focus is player development, with two different team levels: high school team & prep team. I understand Prep team joined the Tier 1 East Coast League this season, where 50% of the D1/D3 schools are located. As a relatively young program, Tahoe working hard on doing the right things... for the player! They’ve caught the attention of several strong AAA players, so would appear parents tired of SoCal club hockey have done their homework to find a better option, yet keep players closer to home. I think Tahoe is on the right track and congratulate them on their success! Plus, see they’re still on the ice practicing... while SoCal players are scrambling for tryout skates to make teams.

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 12:56:45 PM »
Just have to give a shout out to South Lake Tahoe High school for showing support to THA and the seniors for involving them on National signing day. Just goes to show these boys are really getting a big taste of HS as a lot of them will also be attending Prom this weekend. Keep doing it right THA. 

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 08:52:26 AM »
Pretty cool as 8 seniors graduated for THA/SLTHS with a cumulative GPA of 3.65. Well done THA for giving these boys such a great experience.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 04:05:24 PM by hipcheck34 »

Hockeykid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-3
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 10:56:46 AM »
Pretty cool as 8 seniors graduated for THA/SLTHS with a cumulative GPA of 3.65. Well don’t THA for giving these boys such a great experience.
Hope the THA players can write sentences that make sense, unlike one of their parents. J/K.  Hipcheck - Happy your son had a great experience at THA and signed with a Junior hockey team. Best of luck to him on his hockey journey. Congrats!

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 04:08:08 PM »
Pretty cool as 8 seniors graduated for THA/SLTHS with a cumulative GPA of 3.65. Well don’t THA for giving these boys such a great experience.
Hope the THA players can write sentences that make sense, unlike one of their parents. J/K.  Hipcheck - Happy your son had a great experience at THA and signed with a Junior hockey team. Best of luck to him on his hockey journey. Congrats!

LOL. I know right. Thank you just cleaned out his dorm and took our last breathe of Tahoe air.