Hockey Discussions > High School Hockey

THA looking strong going into 4th year!!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

goonhockey:
the kool-aid has spoiled...

Maverick:
I would like to see them succeed, and keep west coast options open for kids to stay in or near CA.  But with all of ADHSL especially D2/D3 in San Diego schools, I see the levels decreasing.  This season the league just re-booted a lot of D3 teams to D2 and threw La Jolla into D1, which lasted half the season then dropped them back to D2.  It seems to be the trend, and I predict an increase in 16/18 AA and decrease in ADHSL numbers over the next couple years.

SkatingDad:
I believe a lot of these D2 schools were put there due to the number of AA/AAA kids on the team. However, these kids usually prioritize AA/AAA instead of HS and rarely are these teams full strength. D2 seems to be between A and AA. D1 seems to be around AA, some are between AA and AAA.  It is much more laid back than club and really more fun.  I do not expect AA to grow. 18 AA kids are probably not playing the next level so why not go the cheaper and less stressful route.

ohnonotagain:

--- Quote from: PutYourFootOnTheGas on December 06, 2019, 02:58:46 PM ---I don’t think that’s their top team. Sadly their top prep team is having an even harder time at 1-17-1 according to myhockey.

--- End quote ---

I know a couple of parents of THA players, and from what they say their kids play on both teams and that the ADHSHL team is mostly players pulled in from their prep team.  Which I guess makes it worse that it means their prep team is last in ADHSHL.

I wonder if they would be better off if they set up in San Diego which was their original plan instead of Tahoe.

orangecone:
Hi. I’ll chime in here. My son plays on the prep team as well as the varsity team.
I’ll keep this short and to the point.
When we decided on THA it was strictly a decision on where he could Play and develop the most.
And it was an easy answer. Tahoe won out in all categories. On the ice 5 days a week for about 2 hours a day and in the gym for an hour.
There’s plenty of places you could go and win
We went to play specifically on the prep team and to be on the ice daily
( he benefits from varsity play as well)
The prep is mostly 03s playing 18u
Most coaches (and scouts ) will tell you that it’s about development and most importantly grades
And the school and where they live is amazing

Tahoe is a great choice and we are glad we’re there

What’s our record???
I don’t care 🤷🏽‍♂️😃
My kids at 35 games at this point and is a better player and a better kid from the experience

Sorry this was long 😂😆

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version