Hockey Discussions > Bantam Hockey

Latest CAHA Non-sense

(1/7) > >>

In The Crease:
TIER 2Tier 2 regular season team formation and player contracts (bilaterally binding) shall be permitted effective 11/20/20, and per previously posted league tryout dates. What this means is that players choosing to commit to a Tier 2 team on/after 11/20/20 without an on-ice tryout will be bound to that team subject to the terms/conditions of player contract they enter into, and CAHA/USAH rostering rules and guidelines. Additionally, Tier 2 tournament rosters will not be approved after 11/20/20.

[/size]Ridiculous!  Is there a even going to be a season?  When?  What does it look like (how many games? etc.)?  Why would I sign without knowing this?  What is the purpose of the "contract"?  You can not control where I go and who I play with without a CAHA season.  The last statement that they will not approve Tournament rosters after 11/20 is truly the main issue.  Are there other parents questioning this?  We will not be signing.  Parents need to unite and push back.  Thoughts?

Nowhearthis:
I agree, this is the only sport my kid has played that did not provide transparency, including costs, travel requirements and a preliminary game schedule.  This has been the main CAHA failure for over a decade, and why many kids stop (and eventually quit)at the in house level.  I know this from direct experience in recruiting classmates and neighbors years back.  Parents shied away from the long and costly commitment (even if overly worried) and moved on to the easier to manage sports.  Kids have told me years later that they wished that they still played and that their parents were turned off by the commitment, both financial and time.  I think if the season was somehow split like back east we would get a lot more participation.

Moving on with our current environment, I know that the teams have their budgets and an idea of game schedules.  Make them share.  We need to respect ourselves as customers - or at least respect our money - and should be demanding a bit more than what CAHA has traditionally provided.  This is a special year in so many ways and that is when changes can occur.  An then maybe one day it won't be like "oh my, how fantastic that my kid has made the team! (as if he wouldn't somewhere) Take my money commit please so I can be your controlled plebe for the next 7-8 months!"

ohnonotagain:
Have you talked to your association(s)?  They should know by now what their specific plan is, and what their backup plans are if things open up more, or what they will do if things get more restrictive.  CAHA has already stated they won't schedule a AA season, so its up to the associations/teams to create their own schedule - presumably out of state while King Newsom continues to dictate restricting kids' growth and development.

There are already AA teams formed at Midget and Bantam level.  Check myhockeyrankings.com for how they are doing.  They are traveling and playing out of state.

Hockeymomx:
To be precise CAHA told SCAHA and NorCal to schedule the AA games.  The plan, I believe, was for 11-14 games. 

Beer Leaguer:
Schedule them where? Do NorCal and SoCal play each other or is it separate until play downs/States?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version