Hockey Discussions > Midget Hockey

16U AA

<< < (2/4) > >>

trans4761:
Question....

Should a kid going to prep school back east be allowed to be on a CAHA roster ?

justanotherhockeydad:

--- Quote from: trans4761 on March 08, 2021, 12:17:49 PM ---Should a kid going to prep school back east be allowed to be on a CAHA roster ?

--- End quote ---

Hell no.

trans4761:
Wondering how parents on that team feel about the coach feeling the team needs to bring in a "ringer" to enhance his chances . I for one would prefer to win or lose with the families that have been there at all the practices grinding the season out.  If my kid was a fwd and the prep school ringer would come in for the games and take playing time away from the kids, I would not be happy.   JMO

ohnonotagain:

--- Quote from: trans4761 on March 09, 2021, 10:04:04 AM ---Wondering how parents on that team feel about the coach feeling the team needs to bring in a "ringer" to enhance his chances . I for one would prefer to win or lose with the families that have been there at all the practices grinding the season out.  If my kid was a fwd and the prep school ringer would come in for the games and take playing time away from the kids, I would not be happy.   JMO

--- End quote ---

I'm under the impression that the vast majority of parents in SoCal are about their team winning and not about development.  Heck, looks at these boards pre-Covid as evidence of that.  With the exception of the Bears and possibly the Saints, I'm not aware of a program in California that prioritizes development ahead of winning. 

I'm curious which team you're referring to.

trans4761:
Uumm.....well.....its one of teams you mentioned that "prides" it self on development over wins  :-[
And its not the one who has Shamu as a neighbor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version