Hockey Discussions > Peewee Hockey

PeeWee AA 21-22

<< < (2/5) > >>

HockeyGuy-99:
SCAHA Schedule was released for the remainder of the year and imagine many are asking "what did I pay $5-$6k for?"  5 preseason games and 6 regular season games plus a $2,200 team fee for every CAHA weekend. 

Makes me miss Squirts where we played 4 preseason games and 15 regular season games for $1,500-2k less.  'A' teams are getting a total of 20 SCAHA games. 

fistocuffs:
Peewee is not even a National Bound Track to play in.  It baffles me why Peewee AA even exists.   If all the AA teams simply play A - you get 20 games more or less - no caha weekends and 5-6 off weeks to go tournament it up.  then pocket that money or buy some bitcoin.

Gretzky99:
Because the teams in A aren't that good. The teams at AA aren't that good. Only 4 or 5 decent teams. If you want your kid to play good competition than it is the best option. PW AAA is the waste. Only 5 teams? Hardly any games. PWAA will play close to 65 games. PWAAA maybe 35. So tell me what division shouldn't exist. It's AAA.

CAO2001:
I've heard a rumor that CAHA may not have AAA for 11U-13U for 2022-2023 season. That's crazy considering the Jr. Kings 12U AAA Major (2009s) are no. 12 in the country and Jr. Ducks are no. 5. This raises a lot of questions--would those teams stay with CAHA or could they just play Tier 1 EHL? What would the AA landscape be like with those kinds of teams in the mix? And, why eliminate AAA for 11U -- 13U?

HockeyGuy-99:
If those teams stay together they can still be the 5th and 12th best AAA team in the country with one less A in their title.  They'll all get to play more games and they'll be playing against older talented players, unlike minor AAA teams. It'll be like all those squirts jumping up to play peewee A only they wont be playing in what's basically the BB division(bigger, stronger, less talented).  Bigger, stronger more talented and you can still go play AAA anywhere outside the state. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version