Hockey Discussions > Bantam Hockey

AAA

<< < (2/2)

KingsOfTheCoast:
AAA teams teams for next season were just announced today by CAHA. Finally stripped Jr Reign of their teams with the exception of 18u. That has been a long time coming. Anyone have a list of what orgs and age levels were awarded teams last year? Seem like more to be but I could be misremembering. Will be interested to see how many of those that were awarded AAA teams actually choose to field them.

HockeyGuy-99:
I don't have last years list.  But based on this years list they only ruined the 13u and 18u division this year by accepting 7 clubs per division. 

For the 13u, maybe it's just a mental transition to drive everyone to the high school league the following year, as they will be used to having a few good players and a bunch of not so good players, all on one team! 

From what I understand all clubs are trying to field teams in these 7 team divisions!  Every 2010 and 2006/2005 left in the state will be a AAA player!  Well done CAHA!  If you thought last years AA division struggled, just wait! 

Deuce:

--- Quote from: KingsOfTheCoast on March 30, 2023, 05:51:27 PM ---AAA teams teams for next season were just announced today by CAHA. Finally stripped Jr Reign of their teams with the exception of 18u. That has been a long time coming. Anyone have a list of what orgs and age levels were awarded teams last year? Seem like more to be but I could be misremembering. Will be interested to see how many of those that were awarded AAA teams actually choose to field them.

--- End quote ---

Anaheim Jr. Ducks (all age divisions)
Los Angeles Jr. Kings (all age divisions)
San Jose Jr. Sharks (all age divisions)
Tr-Valley Blue Devils (all age divisions)***
Ontario Jr. Reign (all age divisions)
California Wave (12U and 14U divisions only)
California Bears (13U* and 150*)
Golden State Elite (16U*)
Ice Dogs (13U**, 14U*, 16U*, and 18U*)
Santa Clarita Flyers (150**)

* Grandfathered from 2021-2022 season approved for 2022-
2023 Tier 1
** Tier 2 Waiver Applicant approved for 2022-2023 Tier 1
*** declined to field Tier 1 teams for 2022-2023 except 12U

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version