This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam A  (Read 74847 times)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
Re: Bantam A
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 10:13:52 PM »
Every club and every coach knows these rules.  I know for a fact that OCHC 16AA 1 and 2 had PDR problems during their tryouts and they had to take kids from one of teams and split them up so that both teams could make PDR.  In conclusion, the better of the two teams probably ended up less competitive but they both met PDR. 

My point is, they knew what they were getting into (or maybe they didn't) but they should get what they deserve (ignorance is no defense).  Make lemonade out of lemons... You guys are doing the opposite and blaming the league for your mistakes or ignorance. 

You could always play in AA tournaments and schedule tons of scrimmages and if you get ONE game in San Jose or Vacaville scheduled by the league as exhibition then maybe it would be wise to arrange another game or two (scrimmage) off the schedule to make it worth while when you're there. Or you can bitch and complain and just kick the crap out of everyone in A while driving an hour each way to watch your kids pound someone 16-0.
Again, it was not by choice of the parents that this happened.  In my opinion if it looks/sounds/smells like a bitter old wench, it is.

IDK about winning it all, but I think they'll finish higher than the jds. :P

OneandDone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +91/-39
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 10:26:07 PM »
Every club and every coach knows these rules.  I know for a fact that OCHC 16AA 1 and 2 had PDR problems during their tryouts and they had to take kids from one of teams and split them up so that both teams could make PDR.  In conclusion, the better of the two teams probably ended up less competitive but they both met PDR. 

My point is, they knew what they were getting into (or maybe they didn't) but they should get what they deserve (ignorance is no defense).  Make lemonade out of lemons... You guys are doing the opposite and blaming the league for your mistakes or ignorance. 

You could always play in AA tournaments and schedule tons of scrimmages and if you get ONE game in San Jose or Vacaville scheduled by the league as exhibition then maybe it would be wise to arrange another game or two (scrimmage) off the schedule to make it worth while when you're there. Or you can bitch and complain and just kick the crap out of everyone in A while driving an hour each way to watch your kids pound someone 16-0.
Again, it was not by choice of the parents that this happened.  In my opinion if it looks/sounds/smells like a bitter old wench, it is.

IDK about winning it all, but I think they'll finish higher than the jds. :P

Then why are parents complaining?  Because a coach who was fired told his parents he would have no problem getting a waiver? :o

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 06:11:38 AM »
The point of pounding teams 15-0 is to piss off the coaches and parents so they complain. 

W3 would be quite happy winning 7-0 or 8-1 just enough to run the clock.

in case you don't realize it, Ducks and Kings want to control everything, at least have first pick of the best kids. The independent teams will be at their whim. is that what everyone wants?

Of course W3 want better competition and are committed to some good tournaments.[size=78%] [/size]
[/size]

OneandDone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +91/-39
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 06:59:51 AM »
Heat 2 - 0       Wave 3 - 11
Wave 3 - 15   Wave 2 - 0
SDIA - 1          Wave 3 - 12
Mariners - 0    Wave 3 - 16

So let me get this straight.  Pounding on the Mariners, the Oilers, the Heat and even their own club is proving a point by pissing off the coaches of those clubs and somehow it will send a message to the Ducks and the Kings?  That's some good logic and so is winning by just enough to have the clock run.  That'll make the boys better!  Maybe I see now why this team is in this position.

I'm not a fan of giant clubs but the Wave certainly have one of the largest with 34 teams which is 8 more than the Kings and only one less than the Ducks.  The SCHAHA and CAHA boards both have representatives from all clubs.  Votes and changes are done democratically.  The small clubs have the big clubs out numbered so changes that only protect the big clubs are highly unlikely.  In fact, this rule (PDR) is set so that little clubs don't get 'crushed' by having large groups of kids go from small clubs to big ones.  Just because this happened the opposite way doesn't make it any more right which is why it was VOTED down.

The rules were broken. Own it and bite the bullet.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »
Wave 3 - 15   Wave 2 - 0

So let me get this straight.  Pounding on the Mariners, the Oilers, the Heat and even their own club is proving a point by pissing off the coaches of those clubs and somehow it will send a message to the Ducks and the Kings?  That's some good logic and so is winning by just enough to have the clock run.  That'll make the boys better!  Maybe I see now why this team is in this position.

I'm not a fan of giant clubs but the Wave certainly have one of the largest with 34 teams which is 8 more than the Kings and only one less than the Ducks.  The SCHAHA and CAHA boards both have representatives from all clubs.  Votes and changes are done democratically.  The small clubs have the big clubs out numbered so changes that only protect the big clubs are highly unlikely.  In fact, this rule (PDR) is set so that little clubs don't get 'crushed' by having large groups of kids go from small clubs to big ones.  Just because this happened the opposite way doesn't make it any more right which is why it was VOTED down.

Couldn't have said it any better! Well said and spot on!

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 09:08:28 AM »
Wave 3 - 15   Wave 2 - 0

it was voted down because, corect me if I'm wrong A51, the jds have control CAHA because of the number of USA Hockey registered players. That includes, in house,club,high school and even adult league numbers. Just the number of adult and ALL of its high school league participants (even if they also play club with a non jd team) Is enough to dwarf the numbers at most clubs.  It's like the City of Vernon, yes  there are.city elections, BUT all the people voting are in the same "family".  ;)

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 09:44:45 AM »
Wave 3 - 15   Wave 2 - 0

You are totally wrong about voting!
SCAHA each club has equal voting rights
CAHA voting percentage is based on USA Hockey membership. That includes SCAHA, High School, in house, and adult league. 3 teams control CAHA and they make the rules to protect their clubs, not the small clubs.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2016, 09:50:46 AM »
That's exactly the kind of dialogue we need on here. Good job.

There is benefit in getting slaughtered once in a while. It actually may make the kids finally listen to their coach. My kids' team last year choked like a Donkey on a bag of Oreos in a game against a European team. It made them realize they weren't working hard enough and they played better in future such games.

I totally disagree with the underlying concept of the PDR rule. I don't think it's logical and I don't think it works, and ends up punishing kids who just want to play competitive hockey. 

The current WAVE 3 situation just punishes the kids. Who wants a championship with an asterisk on it?

The attribution of this quote is not definitive, but it sure is appropriate.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »
Affiliate hereby understands and agrees that the organization, structure, policy,
bylaws and/or operation of Affiliate shall reflect, and shall not violate, the following principles:

A. Membership

All Registered Participant Members of Affiliate, as a condition of membership in good standing with Affiliate, shall also be required to be Registered Participant Members in good standing with USA Hockey.

B. Government

The government and authority of Affiliate shall be vested in a Board of Directors composed of at least three representatives, as determined by Affiliate, selected through an annual democratic election process. A majority of the Board must always be composed of representatives selected by such election process. The officers of Affiliate, selected by the Registered Participant Members or the Board of Directors, shall include at least a president, vice president and secretary-treasurer. It is recommended that the terms of directors and officers be staggered.

C. Voting

Each Registered Participant Member of Affiliate shall be entitled to one vote in the process adopted by Affiliate for the election of its Board of Directors. The process adopted by Affiliate for the election of its Board of Directors shall be based upon the premise that each Registered Participant Member of Affiliate shall be entitled to one vote. The manner of any voting by proxy, shall be stated in writing and shall be subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of USA Hockey.

What am I missing here?  What is A51 and can you put the verbiage up to educate us all?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:54:20 AM by UhhhhDuhhhh »

OneandDone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +91/-39
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 09:58:08 AM »
That's exactly the kind of dialogue we need on here. Good job.

There is benefit in getting slaughtered once in a while. It actually may make the kids finally listen to their coach. My kids' team last year choked like a Donkey on a bag of Oreos in a game against a European team. It made them realize they weren't working hard enough and they played better in future such games.

I totally disagree with the underlying concept of the PDR rule. I don't think it's logical and I don't think it works, and ends up punishing kids who just want to play competitive hockey. 

The current WAVE 3 situation just punishes the kids. Who wants a championship with an asterisk on it?

The attribution of this quote is not definitive, but it sure is appropriate.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

You’re right, the system is rigged! They put this rule in place directly to punish this particular set of people. LOL  Go ahead with the they’re punishing the kids B.S. when in fact they’re punishing the coach, the parents, and the club for not following the rules!

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2016, 10:19:14 AM »
Affiliate hereby understands and agrees that the organization, structure, policy,
bylaws and/or operation of Affiliate shall reflect, and shall not violate, the following principles:

A. Membership

All Registered Participant Members of Affiliate, as a condition of membership in good standing with Affiliate, shall also be required to be Registered Participant Members in good standing with USA Hockey.

B. Government

The government and authority of Affiliate shall be vested in a Board of Directors composed of at least three representatives, as determined by Affiliate, selected through an annual democratic election process. A majority of the Board must always be composed of representatives selected by such election process. The officers of Affiliate, selected by the Registered Participant Members or the Board of Directors, shall include at least a president, vice president and secretary-treasurer. It is recommended that the terms of directors and officers be staggered.

C. Voting

Each Registered Participant Member of Affiliate shall be entitled to one vote in the process adopted by Affiliate for the election of its Board of Directors. The process adopted by Affiliate for the election of its Board of Directors shall be based upon the premise that each Registered Participant Member of Affiliate shall be entitled to one vote. The manner of any voting by proxy, shall be stated in writing and shall be subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of USA Hockey.

What am I missing here?  What is A51 and can you put the verbiage up to educate us all?

UhhDuhhh, you took that straight from the SCAHA guide book. SCAHA is equal voting. Now try and find that in CAHA! Do you really think that the member clubs would vote in the new Tier I and II Requirements? Uhhh Duhhh

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 10:29:42 AM »

A. Membership

B. Government

C. Voting

A51 CLASS IS IN !!!!!!!......BUT......

BRING THE RIGHT BOOK'!!!!!!!   

MAMON  :-[

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 10:34:02 AM »
No, I took it from CAHA Guidebook here www.caha.com/guidebook-rules/2015-2017%20CAHA%20Guidebook.pdf
page 111  :o :o :o

Show me where it's written that it's based on percentage or size?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:40:17 AM by UhhhhDuhhhh »

OneandDone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +91/-39
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 10:36:46 AM »

A. Membership

B. Government

C. Voting

A51 CLASS IS IN !!!!!!!......BUT......

BRING THE RIGHT BOOK'!!!!!!!   

MAMON  :-[

Mouth, meet foot!

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 10:46:12 AM »
My next question is why do Ducks have veto power over everything?

WAVE 3 were made an entirely ingenuous offer to come back to AA. It was NOT in good faith at all, not one of you would have signed it. Why is no one talking about that?

The season hasn't evenstarted yet. I don't speak for WAVE 3, but there is still time to negotiate something and in the interim, I don't blame WAVE 3 for beating A teams like rented mules.