This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 333557 times)

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #795 on: April 05, 2017, 11:57:01 AM »
Stick tap for the Zamdriver reference...

skates

« Reply #796 on: April 05, 2017, 03:47:59 PM »

Time to Score which is where NORCAL posts all games and scoresheets shows same score 7 to 2

That score is wrong. It was entered incorrectly. Wave went 5-0 in that tournament and have the championship banner hanging at East West. 

Yeah you have the banner with the help of a few added players.

Skates, 122 posts in an area your kid doesn't play is concerning to me. And what is your infatuation with Wave 1? My son played on that team and I think you're borderline Megan's law here?  Can you post your picture so I can make sure my son knows Stranger Danger? To quote the late great "Zamdriver" posting about or going to a game my son doesn't play in isn’t ok in any courtroom. 

In all seriousness We did substitute 1 05 player in Mammoth after 1 of our kids wasn’t allowed to play for concussion protocol, O5 as well. How many rosters for any team at a tournament are identical to the season? I don’t think there is a team here that can say they have never substituted a player.

What is this great secret? I know I have every game sheet to review... Do you? (If you do I think my above concern is valid)

Seriously the season is over and after the adversity these kids had to go through this season I know I'm proud of my kid. Are you proud of yours? (Sure seem more excited to talk about Wave 1)

B77 you took your post to the lowest post I have seen on this forum.  For your FYI my son plays squirt, season stats with few teams was going to be boring. I am a  statistician and a numbers person. With the number of teams for PW A, seeing if I could predict the final outcome is what I was doing and I nailed it pretty close without watching the games.  I saw the Wave 1 play at the beginning of the season and I knew that they didn't have the talent to make the top 8. You can't rely on 1 or 2 players the whole season. I am sorry that it hurt your feelings and I was right.

My son is a PW next season and I hope he plays for a team that has class.

Enjoy your time off.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:08:41 PM by skates »

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #797 on: April 05, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »
This just gets better and better...

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #798 on: April 05, 2017, 08:57:18 PM »
Skates moral indignation is a well that seems to have no bottom to it. 

What I find amusing about Skates is similar to something I noticed about the way my kids and their friends talked to each other some years ago.  One of their favorite things to say was:  "No offense but --"

Whenever they start with "No offense" you can be sure they are about to say something really offensive. 

Skates posts that "shucks I'm just using STATISTICS to make picks" but then throws in a "see I told ya your team sucked cause I saw em pre-season"  and it's ok cause in hindsight they didn't win enough games during the season to be winners!  The fact that this analysis is being done on a division of kids older than his, just makes it better.

Skates, please don't ever change man.  With the loss of Zam, this forum desperately needs you and your seemingly humorless reactionary posts, especially during this brief period of downtime. 

Also, Tier1 tryouts are May 12-14, with Tier2 June 2.  So all that relaxation time isn't going to be all that relaxing for a lot of people.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #799 on: April 05, 2017, 09:41:11 PM »
Ok, with all this Wave talk going on can someone please fill us in on what is going on over there.. I'm sure we have all heard it... Whats up with the coaching situation??? I'm hearing all kinds of things from coaching to teams next year! 411 PLEASE!

Skates? B77?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:49:14 PM by MO-ICETIME »

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #800 on: April 05, 2017, 09:50:13 PM »

Skates, 122 posts in an area your kid doesn't play is concerning to me. And what is your infatuation with Wave 1? My son played on that team and I think you're borderline Megan's law here?  Can you post your picture so I can make sure my son knows Stranger Danger?

I laughed so hard that I had to put down my cocktail.  This is the best it has been in a long time.  Thanks guys. 

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #801 on: April 05, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »

The following is heresay, rumor and scuttlebutt.

In a nutshell it was proven that the KC coached Wave(2) Peewee AA team was putting a player on the roster for home games that was not actually playing.  They didn't have enough players to make the CAHA minimum, but this was noticed by opponents who were counting kids on the bench I suppose.  Subsequently, they were disqualified from the playoffs, despite the fact they had come in 8th.

Since the coaches have to sign the roster/scoresheet, the ultimate responsibility for the violation stops with the head coach.

That coach (from what I heard) will not be allowed to coach a team next season.

I also heard that the Wave would not be allowed to have Peewee AA teams at all this season, as punishment for the club for letting this happen, but that the club was fighting this.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #802 on: April 05, 2017, 10:35:31 PM »

In a nutshell it was proven that the KC coached Wave(2) Peewee AA team was putting a player on the roster for home games that was not actually playing.  They didn't have enough players to make the CAHA minimum, but this was noticed by opponents who were counting kids on the bench I suppose.  Subsequently, they were disqualified from the playoffs, despite the fact they had come in 8th.

Since the coaches have to sign the roster/scoresheet, the ultimate responsibility for the violation stops with the head coach.

I also heard that the Wave would not be allowed to have Peewee AA teams at all this season, as punishment for the club for letting this happen, but that the club was fighting this.

Ok, that's what I heard too!

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #803 on: April 06, 2017, 07:44:15 AM »

I overheard this rumor this week.  I guess there is some truth to it.  The only thing I can add is that I heard the team manager is also suspended for one year. 
Often a ref will look over a roster list to count players and see who is actually there prior to a game start.  If the player was not actually on the bench this is one way it could have been discovered. 
I guess I'll be the first to pick the '05 Wave PWA team to win it all next year. 

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #804 on: April 06, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »

I overheard this rumor this week.  I guess there is some truth to it. 

It's not a rumor. A reliable source did tell me last week that the Wave will NOT have a Peewee AA team next year. Now whether they're trying to fight that or not, I have no clue, but as of right now, no PWAA for Wave next season.

uggs

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #805 on: April 06, 2017, 10:42:09 AM »
How many Wave will stay and play A, and how many will leave to chase AA? This could work out well for the other clubs.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #806 on: April 06, 2017, 03:25:33 PM »

I overheard this rumor this week.  I guess there is some truth to it.  The only thing I can add is that I heard the team manager is also suspended for one year. 
Often a ref will look over a roster list to count players and see who is actually there prior to a game start.  If the player was not actually on the bench this is one way it could have been discovered. 
I guess I'll be the first to pick the '05 Wave PWA team to win it all next year.

I also have heard from several sources that the HC was also suspended for a year.  Although is it my understanding that the roster is the managers responsibly not the HC, so it will likely be overturned. Don't know if that is true or not...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:27:51 PM by SkatingDad »

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #807 on: April 06, 2017, 03:46:06 PM »

I also have heard from several sources that the HC was also suspended for a year.  Although is it my understanding that the roster is the managers responsibly not the HC, so it will likely be overturned. Don't know if that is true or not...

Actually the roster is the Clubs responsibility as far as making the official list; which may be why the Club is getting dinged. The scratching of players can be done by the coach and or manager; but ultimately falls on the coach as he/she has to sign each copy for each game. Now if a HC wants to play that card.. "I didn't know, my manager made a mistake?" is 100% BS... Did that happen in this case; no idea but what you said leads me to believe that's what's being attempted. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #808 on: April 06, 2017, 08:18:09 PM »

Actually the roster is the Clubs responsibility as far as making the official list; which may be why the Club is getting dinged. The scratching of players can be done by the coach and or manager; but ultimately falls on the coach as he/she has to sign each copy for each game. Now if a HC wants to play that card.. "I didn't know, my manager made a mistake?" is 100% BS... Did that happen in this case; no idea but what you said leads me to believe that's what's being attempted.
The roaster is not the managers responsibility.  You can roster whoever you want.  It IS the managers responsibility to make sure the scorecard is correct.  The manager uploads the score card to the Scaha web site.  Anyone who had been a manger knows that the coaches NEVER check the scorecard.  They just scribble their names as they way TO the bench.  It's NOT the coaches responsibility to make sure the scoecard is right/

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #809 on: April 06, 2017, 08:28:49 PM »

The roaster is not the managers responsibility.  You can roster whoever you want.  It IS the managers responsibility to make sure the scorecard is correct.  The manager uploads the score card to the Scaha web site.  Anyone who had been a manger knows that the coaches NEVER check the scorecard.  They just scribble their names as they way TO the bench.  It's NOT the coaches responsibility to make sure the scoecard is right/to

Ultimately, it is weather it's getting handled properly or not...  Refs also should be headcounting weather they do it or not.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:28:48 PM by MO-ICETIME »