This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 333521 times)

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #810 on: April 06, 2017, 10:16:42 PM »
The roaster is not the managers responsibility.  You can roster whoever you want.  It IS the managers responsibility to make sure the scorecard is correct.  The manager uploads the score card to the Scaha web site.  Anyone who had been a manger knows that the coaches NEVER check the scorecard.  They just scribble their names as they way TO the bench.  It's NOT the coaches responsibility to make sure the scoecard is right

Not really.  In most games, the Ref comes and talks to the coaches about the lineup.  When there are kids who are not playing, the Ref actually asks about this as a check of the lineup cards.  It seems like you are suggesting that the mgr. of the team might have been unilaterally pulling a fast one on everyone including the coach, and that would be a viable excuse.  No way did that happen, nor would it be accepted as an excuse.  From my recollection, the kids on the roster who are not playing are literally crossed off on the sheet. 

I heard from people before this all went down, that parents in the stands suspected something was up, just looking at the number of kids on the bench, and it's also a small world and people have friends, and for all we know, one or more of the disgruntled parents might have talked to friends, so people had their suspicions about the Wave not having the required number of players by the time the deadline rolled around.  The CAHA rules specify that a team who is not able to maintain the 15 required players by end of year, won't be eligible for playoffs. 

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #811 on: April 06, 2017, 10:46:49 PM »
How many Wave will stay and play A, and how many will leave to chase AA? This could work out well for the other clubs.

And could be an absolute nightmare too ... if you think about it.. Do the math

ABCDE

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +25/-8
« Reply #812 on: April 06, 2017, 11:02:40 PM »
Yeah, Sta 26, there will be an infusion into other clubs as a result. So my kid who would love to play Tier 1 but won't deal with the politics (0k, so maybe we've told our kid WE won't deal with it), will now have to figh toff more kids to retain his Tier 2 spot.  So be it. Anything KC did shouldn't impact you though.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #813 on: April 10, 2017, 11:14:34 AM »
it was a witch hunt since tryouts. certain clubs didn't like losing so many kids to the Wave...and it wasn't the JD or JK's. When KC and the Patriots Band decided to leave last season, there were certain people out to get them all season long. a couple disgruntled parents quit the team and give a certain someone all the ammo she needed. It's too bad for the boys on this team, but rules were broken and they got disqualified from the playoffs.
But to ban the Wave from having a Peewee AA team next season is going way too far!

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #814 on: April 10, 2017, 01:11:14 PM »
The "roaster"? C'est what?

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #815 on: April 10, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »
it was a witch hunt since tryouts. certain clubs didn't like losing so many kids to the Wave...and it wasn't the JD or JK's. When KC and the Patriots Band decided to leave last season, there were certain people out to get them all season long. a couple disgruntled parents quit the team and give a certain someone all the ammo she needed. It's too bad for the boys on this team, but rules were broken and they got disqualified from the playoffs.
But to ban the Wave from having a Peewee AA team next season is going way too far!

A witch hunt, are you kidding me?  Your team barely made the playoffs and had to cheat to get there.  Do you really think those clubs are worried about losing a few kids to the Wave?  You have to go back there if you want your kid to play AAA anyway, you have no choice.     
Was your kid looking at his team stats on the SCAHA site with a player listed that didn't exist?  Or, did he ask for the game sheet after the game and question who that kid he never really knew that stopped playing and for some reason was listed on the roster that day?  If he did either, then maybe you should get some ethics and think about the bigger picture. 
People give hundreds if not thousands of hours of their time so that these games can be played.  Are they perfect? Hell no, among many other things the refs frequently suck.  There are reasons why team managers give hours and hours of their time and subject themselves to misery by ridiculous parents.  There are reasons coaches are required to do online and classroom training by USA Hockey.  Why is all this work being done? It sure as hell isn't to sign your name on a score sheet to a bogus team.
Time to drive and see the way some other clubs handle things, because your season ended a huge failure that goes far beyond a win or a loss.  The players deserved better, they worked too hard for that failure.  They were let down by the club (who I heard knew about it), the coaches, the team manager and by parents in the know.  Good luck.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 02:11:02 PM by Hockey05 »

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #816 on: April 10, 2017, 04:07:21 PM »
not my team

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #817 on: April 10, 2017, 04:08:17 PM »
Do you really think those clubs are worried about losing a few kids to the Wave?  You have to go back there if you want your kid to play AAA anyway, you have no choice.   

Damn, so my kid has to go to the Ice Dogs to play AAA?  I knew I must be missing something.  K Thx bye.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:09:07 PM by Stanley »

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
« Reply #818 on: April 11, 2017, 11:17:31 AM »
not my team

Your team was the CA AA State Champion Wave team then?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:17:57 AM by LAhockey »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #819 on: April 11, 2017, 12:19:15 PM »
not my team

No
I know A-51.....he's too douchie to be on that team. Parents would chew him up and spit him out.

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #820 on: April 11, 2017, 12:32:46 PM »
not my team

No
I know A-51.....he's too douchie to be on that team. Parents would chew him up and spit him out.

Doesn't drink enough either.  He'd need to up his game bigly.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 12:34:37 PM by Stanley »

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #821 on: April 11, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »
not my team

No

Doesn't drink enough either.  He'd need to up his game bigly.

I can second that. 

BigDuke6

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +21/-14
« Reply #822 on: April 11, 2017, 11:51:09 PM »

So during the "witch hunt", with "certain clubs" upset over losing players, disgruntled parents, and people "out to get them all season" the club/coach/manager decided to get cute with the roster and score sheets all season?  That certainly was an interesting choice if your description of the situation is accurate.

Hockey_mama

• Mite
  • LR Justice +14/-9
« Reply #823 on: April 14, 2017, 03:34:22 PM »
To be very clear regarding the PWAA Wave 2,  the manager and coach followed the advice of the club only to have  it come back and bite them in the ass. They were assured there were no PDR issues and everything would be fine, on more than one occasion. Players were not intentionally left on the roster maliciously. The coach, nor the manager wanted to hurt the team in anyway.  Hours upon hours of volunteer hours were given, only to be bashed and verbally abused, even threatened by parents. So before you spread vile , hurtful rumors, learn the facts. Maybe ask someone from the team and get the truth. You have no idea of what went on with this team!

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #824 on: April 14, 2017, 08:44:44 PM »
To be very clear regarding the PWAA Wave 2,  the manager and coach followed the advice of the club only to have  it come back and bite them in the ass. They were assured there were no PDR issues and everything would be fine, on more than one occasion. Players were not intentionally left on the roster maliciously. The coach, nor the manager wanted to hurt the team in anyway.  Hours upon hours of volunteer hours were given, only to be bashed and verbally abused, even threatened by parents. So before you spread vile , hurtful rumors, learn the facts. Maybe ask someone from the team and get the truth. You have no idea of what went on with this team!

But people do have an idea what went on with the team.  Scoresheets were signed showing a player who did not play had played.  I don't think that those involved in this deception did so with malice or exercised anything but bad judgement, but if you are trying to say that coach & mgr went to the Wave and stated "we have this issue with our roster" and the Wave came back and said:  "Ok so what you do is, just put a kid on the roster and we'll hope nobody notices"  I find that really hard to believe.

I also have been given information in regards to statements that have been made since then, that don't back up what you seem to be implying.

Many people volunteer hours to help their clubs and teams.  A number of the people who visit this forum regularly have been team managers in the past, or are involved in some official capacity with their clubs.   There are difficult parents on many teams, and nearly everyone I know has war stories involving other parents and crap that happens.

I take no joy in what happened to your team.  Truly, I felt for your kids.  At the end of the day, because we are talking about Peewee hockey and it's not that big of a deal, but it sucks to be deprived of something you earned.  I thought your team did well this season in many ways.   I wish you all well, and I'm sure that there will be options for you all this winter.  I just don't see that there's any value to continuing with the narrative that some bitter parents screwed your team.  The people involved in the deception made a mistake, and I can't help thinking they should have known better, because the obvious alternative was to have the organization go to the CAHA board and ask for an exemption, but that would have involved being forthcoming and transparent.

If anything, the coach, team and organization is being made an example of, and looking at it from the point of view of CAHA (which by the way all of the scaha teams including the wave are voting members of)  I don't see any other way this could have played out.

Hope you all have a good spring, and I'm sure your kids will land on their feet in 2 months, only perhaps with a different jersey to wear come winter.   
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:46:38 PM by lcadad »