This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 333489 times)

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #615 on: February 28, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »
Not true, OCHC2 has had only one goalie all season and he played all games. The lack of goals scored against shows that he did a great job

Not making this up -- An OC2 parent told me they let one of their goalies go earlier this season. It was very clear from our conversation that they had more than one goalie rostered this year. If Avcadet statement is true, then that parent lied to me. But our conversation was very specific about why they let that other goalie go so not really sure what's going on.
My statement is in error. OC2 had 2 goalies during pre-season and very early into the regular season. The one goalie was released and OC2 has played with the one goalie that played in Phoenix for almost all of the season.

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #616 on: February 28, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »
Thank you for clearing that up Avcadet

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
« Reply #617 on: February 28, 2017, 11:55:03 AM »
Here is some first hand info:

The Fargo tourney follows the Minnesota birth year, which means squirts for 2016/2017 includes anyone born on or after July 1, 2005.  The parents of any kids on W1 born before that date were told before they signed LOI's that the team would be travelling to this tourney and that their kids were not eligible.  But they were eligible for the Labor Day, Thanksgiving, New Year's, and President's Day tournaments so its not like they didn't get a lot of extra games in this season. 

Also apparently SCAHA approved for them to have a bye week in order to travel that weekend.  However, they still scheduled them for a game that weekend.   W1 notified SCAHA that they had mistakenly scheduled them for a game on a weekend that they had already been told they could take off to travel.  What do the ever so gracious schedulers at SCAHA do?  Instead of fixing the schedule they just decide to rescind the scheduling accommodation.Scheduling is hard, fixing mistakes is even harder.Already bought your plane tickets? Sorry. Already made a tournament deposit? Well I guess that's your problem.

SCAHA seems to forget that they work for the kids and their families.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #618 on: February 28, 2017, 11:56:44 AM »
Here is some first hand info:

The Fargo tourney follows the Minnesota birth year, which means squirts for 2016/2017 includes anyone born on or after July 1, 2005.  The parents of any kids on W1 born before that date were told before they signed LOI's that the team would be travelling to this tourney and that their kids were not eligible.  But they were eligible for the Labor Day, Thanksgiving, New Year's, and President's Day tournaments so its not like they didn't get a lot of extra games in this season. 

Also apparently SCAHA approved for them to have a bye week in order to travel that weekend.  However, they still scheduled them for a game that weekend.   W1 notified SCAHA that they had mistakenly scheduled them for a game on a weekend that they had already been told they could take off to travel.  What do the ever so gracious schedulers at SCAHA do?  Instead of fixing the schedule they just decide to rescind the scheduling accommodation.Scheduling is hard, fixing mistakes is even harder.Already bought your plane tickets? Sorry. Already made a tournament deposit? Well I guess that's your problem.
SCAHA does not reschedule games in B, BB, or A and they also don't take schedule requests, even if you give it to them before the schedule is released.

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
« Reply #619 on: February 28, 2017, 12:05:41 PM »
SCAHA does not reschedule games in B, BB, or A and they also don't take schedule requests, even if you give it to them before the schedule is released.

SCAHA could easily do a better job if they wanted to.  It is not rocket science to modify a schedule.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #620 on: February 28, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »
It isn't much per family, but one can only wonder if SCAHA will also charge the $500 fee for the forfeit? 

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #621 on: February 28, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »
Seems to be a common thread with the Wave and the scaha conspiracy of broken promises? 1st the Bantam team and now this..... wonder how this would have shaken out if Wave1 was in the playoff hunt though?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #622 on: February 28, 2017, 01:04:43 PM »
It isn't much per family, but one can only wonder if SCAHA will also charge the $500 fee for the forfeit?

We the Riptide got hit with the 500 fine last year.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #623 on: February 28, 2017, 01:35:06 PM »
Credit to OC1 for what they've done and I don't fault Wave 1.  However, when there's 3 points between 1st and 7th, a lot of people would have liked to see that game played.

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #624 on: February 28, 2017, 01:40:55 PM »
Credit to OC1 for what they've done and I don't fault Wave 1.  However, when there's 3 points between 1st and 7th, a lot of people would have liked to see that game played.
With 3 OC teams, it can get confusing sometimes but it was OC2 that got to sleep in due to lack of a game to play.

WaveHockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #625 on: February 28, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »

We would have as well. You can credit SCAHA with that. We made every attempt to reschedule that game from before the first day of the season including pay for the ice at the rink of their choice.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #626 on: February 28, 2017, 03:19:30 PM »

We would have as well. You can credit SCAHA with that. We made every attempt to reschedule that game from before the first day of the season including pay for the ice at the rink of their choice.

So they actually offered a waiver that they would give you a bye week that weekend or more like a promise? I'm really just curious because I remember the same thing with the Ducks team last year and they had to forfeit as well. But no talks of a "Waiver" though.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #627 on: February 28, 2017, 04:09:38 PM »
To add a little confusing context, when my son's team (not the Wave) requested over the summer that they get a bye week on a particular weekend, we were told that SCAHA does not accept or grant such requests.

But Mo Icetime is spot on about the Wave organization. There were a lot of interesting story lines coming out of the Wave this year.  In addition to this and the Bantam A/AA's, the Calder PWAA team was rendered ineligible for the playoffs due to PDR issues.  And Ontario Wave families were only told a few days before tryouts last June that there would not be an AA team out of Ontario. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #628 on: February 28, 2017, 08:21:53 PM »

With all this talk going on, how did they do in Fargo ??

b77

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-1
« Reply #629 on: February 28, 2017, 09:44:51 PM »

With all this talk going on, how did they do in Fargo ??

We went 3 wins and 2 OT losses to Hermantown and Edina. They definitely did not want a California team going deep into the brackets and gave us a super tough draw but California made a strong showing against the best they had there. Would have loved a shot at Chaska though. Definitely one of the best tournaments your kids could ever take part in.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:45:28 PM by b77 »