This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 319662 times)

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #735 on: March 21, 2017, 08:04:28 AM »
You win some you lose some. What's important is teaching my kid to be a good sport either way regardless of whether the team that beat them today had one #17 goalie throughout the season or two.

Right Avcadet? Wink wink...

So are they sandbagging a goalie using the same #? we tied them this year and their goalie stood on his head.

No sandbagging. Garrett stood tall. I admire his effort, for sure. What Narradus was poking fun at was avcadet. Avcadet said there was one goalie for ochc2 all season. Then later said there were two, I guess he, or she convienantly forgot. Just a few pages back if anyone would like to check..
I had previously admitted to brain fade regarding that remark about only having one goalie. There is no conspiracy theory, OCHC2 did have two goalies at the beginning of the season. The other goalie left the team fairly early in the season and OCHC2 has played with only one goalie since.  As stated above, our goalie has played a solid season and will continue to do so during the SCAHA championship as well as CAHA

skates

« Reply #736 on: March 22, 2017, 06:13:27 PM »
So with the Bears out of the final, what is everyone's prediction for the final? And does anyone know how the teams up north compare to the last 2 teams standing?

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #737 on: March 23, 2017, 08:30:19 AM »
So with the Bears out of the final, what is everyone's prediction for the final? And does anyone know how the teams up north compare to the last 2 teams standing?

Up North the Sabercats are pretty hot! They were a mid pack team but beat top two teams to win it all. Over Presidents Day they tied Ducks (Kohn) and lost to the Bears 4-3 in OT. They play that exact style which is the Kryptonite for the Bears... BIG and Physical. The OC2 game and Sabercats should be a good watch; both BIG and love to bang!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:31:32 AM by MO-ICETIME »

skates

« Reply #738 on: March 27, 2017, 06:07:43 AM »
Scaha just posted:

SCAHA PW Champions - OC2

Congratulations to OC2!

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #739 on: March 27, 2017, 07:53:04 AM »
Scaha just posted:

SCAHA PW Champions - OC2

Congratulations to OC2!
The Final was everything it should have been. Both teams showed up to play and the action showed it. OCHC2 took the early lead but the Eagles caught up and then brought up the score to 3 to 1. OCHC2 kept pushing and scored two more goals by the end of the 3rd forcing overtime. The winning goal for OCHC2 came pretty quickly in OT with a rush on the net. Both teams should be proud for the game they played and will strongly represent SCAHA up north in San Jose next weekend.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #740 on: March 27, 2017, 08:37:12 AM »
Congrats to these teams.  Awesome seasons and awesome playoff runs!!!

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #741 on: March 28, 2017, 11:02:29 PM »
Yes. I was totally messing with Avcadet. #17 had the Bears number and played very well against Bears in Arizona championship game and semi final. Kudos to that goalie. Great job.

That said I just find it odd that Avcadet 'forgot' that his team had a second goalie earlier in the season. I mean I imagine that goalie was with them in preseason. And then for a few weeks during the regular season. So how do you forget that your team had another goalie earlier in the season? We're taking goalies here. I can remember every goalie that played for my sons teams since mites. And Avcadet was adamnet at first that they only had one goalie. And then he changes his tune cause I called him out and now they have another goalie--but here's the thing--if I'm not mistaken there was never mention of another goalie on OC roster. And when we played them early in the season they made no note on the scoresheet that they had a second goalie. So the whole thing is just a bit odd, especially in light of the whole Calder thing. I mean you really can't trust that anybody is playing by the rules. And yet, even if there was indeed something fishy about OCs one or two goalie mystery it's really all just ancient history at this point. But know this--I've got my (good) eye on you Avcadet and that eye is watching you. So watch your step.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:08:46 PM by nirradus »

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #742 on: March 28, 2017, 11:16:17 PM »
It would be absolutely hilarious if it turned out that OCs goalie was an '03.

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #743 on: March 29, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »
Not true, OCHC2 has had only one goalie all season and he played all games. The lack of goals scored against shows that he did a great job

Skates, calm down. I'm not a hater and neither my son nor I are "dramatized" over the loss to OC2 (but I am concerned that your grammar is like that of a second grader). I already gave their goalie total props, should I give their coach a backrub?

All I'm saying is that it's strange that Avcadet was so certain that his team only had one goalie, going so far as to say he played all the games, and then changed that tune upon being called out on it. Just doesn't seem like the kind of thing most would "forget". But who knows, maybe Avcadet has early onset Alzheimers. That would certainly explain it. But just saying "whoops I forgot, we actually did have another goalie and he did play in some games." Really? You forgot that? From a month ago? You actually forgot that your team once had a second goalie? It's fine okay. I just don't buy it. Something ain't quite right in hockeytown, but that's just my take on it.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:54:24 AM by nirradus »

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #744 on: March 29, 2017, 12:31:36 PM »
Skates you're using the word wrongly. The correct word for your sentence would be traumatized, as in "your writing acumen traumatizes me greatly". With the way you write I wouldn't go bandying about your "Masters degree" because that online school that issued it just might want to take it back.

kingsofthe951

• Mite
  • LR Justice +17/-11
« Reply #745 on: March 29, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »
 Nirradus Your trying so hard to stir up some drama by conveniently forgetting to post all of the facts. You dont mention that in the preseason you faced our 2nd goalie who started that game. You forgot to mention that he was actually pulled after allowing the first 3 goals and was replaced by our current goalie  (and only goalie since then.) The other goalie actually quit after that game. You failed to mention that you faced our current goalie again in the regular season, a game you guys won. Both of our last two games, phoenix and semis, we're great 1 goal games that could have gone either way. You had a great season and have great players. But so do we. So stop trying to take credit away from our boys hard work. Stop trying  to make excuses for your loss, you sound like a whimpering fool..... we'll send you a postcard from San Jose...... it's Burbank 91506 right?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:35:55 PM by kingsofthe951 »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #746 on: March 29, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »
Not true, OCHC2 has had only one goalie all season and he played all games. The lack of goals scored against shows that he did a great job

Skates, calm down. I'm not a hater and neither my son nor I are "dramatized" over the loss to OC2 (but I am concerned that your grammar is like that of a second grader). I already gave their goalie total props, should I give their coach a backrub?

All I'm saying is that it's strange that Avcadet was so certain that his team only had one goalie, going so far as to say he played all the games, and then changed that tune upon being called out on it. Just doesn't seem like the kind of thing most would "forget". But who knows, maybe Avcadet has early onset Alzheimers. That would certainly explain it. But just saying "whoops I forgot, we actually did have another goalie and he did play in some games." Really? You forgot that? From a month ago? You actually forgot that your team once had a second goalie? It's fine okay. I just don't buy it. Something ain't quite right in hockeytown, but that's just my take on it.

Yep you nailed it! I am a second grader with a Masters Degree.

Still trying to stir up trouble. I think once any player decides to quit a team after only being there for pre season and the team moved on, we would all forget about that player.

The Graduate Degree is your problem :)  The only thing that would be worse is a Doctorate Degree...

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #747 on: March 29, 2017, 04:12:26 PM »
Nirradus Your trying so hard to stir up some drama by conveniently forgetting to post all of the facts.

Not really trying hard at all. Replying inbetween my EST treatments.

You dont mention that in the preseason you faced our 2nd goalie who started that game. You forgot to mention that he was actually pulled after allowing the first 3 goals and was replaced by our current goalie  (and only goalie since then.)

Forgot to mention... Intentionally left out... What's the difference?

The other goalie actually quit after that game.

Wasn't aware of that.

Both of our last two games, phoenix and semis, we're great 1 goal games that could have gone either way.

Yes. Totally. Excellent competitive games. Would rather lose like that than blow some team out 14-0.

You had a great season and have great players.

Well, let's not get carried away. This is PWA we're talking about, not a Tier 1 AAA team.

So stop trying to take credit away from our boys hard work.

Oh god please. That's the last thing on my mind. Your boys deserve to be where they are. No argument here.

Stop trying  to make excuses for your loss, you sound like a whimpering fool.....

Where exactly in any of my responses have I tried to make excuses for our loss? At every turn I've agreed wholeheartedly that the games were great and competitive and that the better team won. Doesn't sound like sour grapes to me at all. As for the whimpering, well, I can't stop you if that's how you choose to read it.

we'll send you a postcard from San Jose......

Nice thought, but not very sporting of you to kick us while we're down.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #748 on: March 29, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »
we'll send you a postcard from San Jose......

Nice thought, but not very sporting of you to kick us while we're down.

There are 17 other teams that would also like a postcard...

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #749 on: March 30, 2017, 09:12:11 AM »
Yes. I was totally messing with Avcadet. #17 had the Bears number and played very well against Bears in Arizona championship game and semi final. Kudos to that goalie. Great job.

That said I just find it odd that Avcadet 'forgot' that his team had a second goalie earlier in the season. I mean I imagine that goalie was with them in preseason. And then for a few weeks during the regular season. So how do you forget that your team had another goalie earlier in the season? We're taking goalies here. I can remember every goalie that played for my sons teams since mites. And Avcadet was adamnet at first that they only had one goalie. And then he changes his tune cause I called him out and now they have another goalie--but here's the thing--if I'm not mistaken there was never mention of another goalie on OC roster. And when we played them early in the season they made no note on the scoresheet that they had a second goalie. So the whole thing is just a bit odd, especially in light of the whole Calder thing. I mean you really can't trust that anybody is playing by the rules. And yet, even if there was indeed something fishy about OCs one or two goalie mystery it's really all just ancient history at this point. But know this--I've got my (good) eye on you Avcadet and that eye is watching you. So watch your step.
Everything Kingofthe951 said regarding OCHC2 goalies is correct. He is not part of the conspiracy that you continue to believe is going on. Go to your team manager and look at the score sheet from the September pre-season game.You will see two goalies on the roster at that time. Then look at the October score sheet and you will notice that there is only one goalie on the roster. It really is that simple. Next time, do your homework before you start accusing a team of cheating. As far as watching me, pull your head out of your behind (it is not a hat) and then maybe you can use both eyes. Better yet, leave it in there and everyone on this forum will be happy. P.S. There is always one problem parent on a team, I would have enjoyed sharing a couple of beers with the other Bears parents up in San Jose. Maybe next season.