This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2016-17  (Read 279823 times)

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
Re: Squirt A 2016-17
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 02:47:29 PM »
That score is more like what I expected.  Thanks for the info.

Just Saying

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »
Yeah, that definitely makes more sense. It was listed funny (marked as "in progress") 

Is the SCAHA site usually this slow to post scores?

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:09 PM »
Yeah, that definitely makes more sense. It was listed funny (marked as "in progress") 

Is the SCAHA site usually this slow to post scores?

Could be some new managers just a bit slow uploading scores. Lol!

GameByNumbers

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 12:48:46 PM »
Initial Rankings based on Labor Day and 1st Pre-Season *

* Jr Kings - based on 1 game only, did not play Labor Day.

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 04:20:51 PM »
Initial Rankings based on Labor Day and 1st Pre-Season *

* Jr Kings - based on 1 game only, did not play Labor Day.

I think the Gulls will finish higher than that, if they are returning their full BB team from last year.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:23:23 PM by #4BobbyOrr »

Just Saying

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 09:01:36 PM »
Won't learn much from the Gulls game this weekend (Mariners having a rough time), but all the other games should be good. I tend to think everyone is going to have their hands full with the Kings.

Hockey999999

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 08:14:07 PM »
Kings beat Ducks, 4-3.  It was closer than I thought it would be and really could have gone either way. 

Just Saying

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 08:57:11 PM »
Artesia beat Bears 5-2. Wave looked fast and aggressive, even with short bench. Bears got outworked. Haven't heard about any other games.

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2016, 10:09:10 PM »
Kings and Ducks was a solid game.  Very physical with both teams getting a number of penalties.  There really wasn't any flow to the game and both teams really couldn't organize the way they wanted.  I'll be interested in seeing how this match up develops over the season.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:10:40 PM by Disco Dan »

Just Saying

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2016, 03:36:58 PM »
Ducks (EK) beat Ice Dogs 2-1

Gulls beat Mariners 11-1

Some pretty tight scores across the board, with the exception of the Gulls game. I'd say Kings are top dog right now... but it's a loooooong season.

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »

Gulls beat Mariners 11-1

Some pretty tight scores across the board, with the exception of the Gulls game. I'd say Kings are top dog right now... but it's a loooooong season.

would be interesting to know how you came up with "Kings are top dog right now" with 2 games into the PRE-season.  Ducks (2) beat an alleged good IceDog team while your Kings gave up 3 to a Ducks (1) team that went scoreless against the Gulls a week ago.  Yes, it's a "loooooong season" but that's why the kids play the game... nuffsed.

Just Saying

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 11:01:03 PM »
Well, they beat a good Ducks (Runtso) team, and they beat Artesia Wave 5-2, which beat everyone else at Labor Day tournament. Not to mention, the Kings have been together for more than a year, so they're clicking right now. Doesn't mean that'll be the same story come March, but until someone beats them, they seem like the team to beat. They're not "my" Kings... I'm simply observing, and they seem tough right now.

Just Saying

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 11:03:09 PM »

Gulls beat Mariners 11-1

would be interesting to know how you came up with "Kings are top dog right now" with 2 games into the PRE-season.  Ducks (2) beat an alleged good IceDog team while your Kings gave up 3 to a Ducks (1) team that went scoreless against the Gulls a week ago.  Yes, it's a "loooooong season" but that's why the kids play the game... nuffsed.

And then who do you like right now?

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 01:18:49 AM »
i'll go out on a limb and agree with whom ever GameByNumbers should predict is TopDog... I heard the Kings have most, if not all players and goalie returning.  Played a few tournaments... Advantage Kings.  Someone's mentioned Gulls could finish better depending on who they have returning. Both Ducks teams looked good in LaborDay, BUT still too early to say.

Just Saying

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 08:18:52 AM »
i'll go out on a limb and agree with whom ever GameByNumbers should predict is TopDog... I heard the Kings have most, if not all players and goalie returning.  Played a few tournaments... Advantage Kings.  Someone's mentioned Gulls could finish better depending on who they have returning. Both Ducks teams looked good in LaborDay, BUT still too early to say.

It's not too early to say at all... in fact, the point of this forum is "to say."  The opinions will likely change each week, but that is my opinion of the moment.  GameByNumbers will change quite a bit this week... with the Bears and Ice Dogs moving down and Artesia moving up, which is the same Artesia team that beat Ducks (EK) and Ice Dogs in tournament... but lost to Kings last week 5-2 (which is partially why I thought Kings were tops right now).  The Gulls consist of BB/B players from last year, and perhaps some new kids from neighboring programs.  Their wins thus far have been deceiving... they beat Ducks (Runtso) in close game, a quality win, but they also beat Ontario (dropping down), Mariners (dropping down), and Artesia BB.  They lost to Nevada, which won the tournament.  If only 7 teams remain in SQA when the season starts, it'll be a slugfest all year with teams rising and falling depending on how they develop. Who is clicking now might not be clicking in March. For example, look at the Ducks (EK) last year. They breezed through the season and playoffs... and then lost in the CAHA championship game to a team they beat soundly days before.  These are 9/10-year old kids... and anything can happen.