This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: SQ. BB 2016/2017  (Read 58541 times)

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
Re: SQ. BB 2016/2017
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 09:39:04 PM »
The Valencia Jr Flyers looked like a pretty good team. They played against a few Squirt A teams and hung in there for a while but faded down the stretch. Good puck movement and i'm sure will only improve.

Mite06Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-2
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 08:52:32 AM »
We were in San Diego this weekend. SDIA looked strong at moving the puck and goaltending, Gulls were pretty good forcing OT in the final vs SDIA. Room for improvement for both Ice Dog teams. Ice Dogs 1 did show a lot of improvement from game 1 to game 4, but then again I am a little biased lol.

Copernicus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 09:24:40 PM »
Does anyone know the deadline to drop?

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 10:20:28 PM »
I thought somebody posted the 25th.

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 11:14:05 AM »
Anyone heard if any BB teams are moving up or dropping?  Anyone know if any of the A teams are dropping to BB?  I heard one of the JD BB teams was dropping to B. 

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »
I have it on good note Mariners A will be dropping to BB.  They will contend at BB for sure.

Handboni

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +9/-15
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »
If that happens, it's a smart move.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 01:06:28 PM »
I have it on good note Mariners A will be dropping to BB.  They will contend at BB for sure.

Hearing a lot of teams are being denied movement up or down. Shocking I know

yelo

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 06:51:57 AM »

Squirt BB went from 22 teams in preseason to 20 teams in regular season. Lost 4, gained 2.
Wave-Ont, JK BB2, JD BB2 and Saints moved down to B.
Mariners moved to BB from A.
Blaze moved to BB from B.

goaliemojodad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-5
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
Really appreciate the no holds barred discussion on coaches earlier in this thread. It's an expensive mine field of lame coaches to navigate and as much money as we pay the owners of the rinks and clubs should be held MORE accountable. But our few rinks and distance between them makes for a lot of guarded comments. Lame coaches don't read anyway.... We found one we like after being shocked by the lack of professionalism in our last one. And the old club ownership never responded to our complaint letter, showing how much they cared.

We are NOW Mariner's and part of the their defection to BB. My son worked crazy hard all off-season to be ready. But finding another spot late was impossible unless we jumped to PeeWee and travelled 2hours one-way in traffic for practices (and why I guess lame owners and managers persist). After getting shredded by the A Wave last weekend in Artesia (they are AWESOME) we stopped by TSC and watched the BB JrGulls battle the JKings (Gasseau's). The difference in play speed was startling....

Having now played half of the A level teams, we will miss the competition and actually wish we were denied the request to move to BB. However, I hope all your kids battle hard and give mine some good shots to save.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 01:47:13 PM »
Really appreciate the no holds barred discussion on coaches earlier in this thread. It's an expensive mine field of lame coaches to navigate and as much money as we pay the owners of the rinks and clubs should be held MORE accountable. But our few rinks and distance between them makes for a lot of guarded comments. Lame coaches don't read anyway.... We found one we like after being shocked by the lack of professionalism in our last one. And the old club ownership never responded to our complaint letter, showing how much they cared.

We are NOW Mariner's and part of the their defection to BB. My son worked crazy hard all off-season to be ready. But finding another spot late was impossible unless we jumped to PeeWee and travelled 2hours one-way in traffic for practices (and why I guess lame owners and managers persist). After getting shredded by the A Wave last weekend in Artesia (they are AWESOME) we stopped by TSC and watched the BB JrGulls battle the JKings (Gasseau's). The difference in play speed was startling....

Having now played half of the A level teams, we will miss the competition and actually wish we were denied the request to move to BB. However, I hope all your kids battle hard and give mine some good shots to save.

If the team wasn't ready, why wish to stay in A? It's not about the letter, it's about the kids development.

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 02:33:22 PM »

If the team wasn't ready, why wish to stay in A? It's not about the letter, it's about the kids development.

Totally agree.  When you lose all your games by double digits it is obvious you are in the wrong division.

Just Saying

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 04:37:08 PM »

Totally agree.  When you lose all your games by double digits it is obvious you are in the wrong division.

Or... or... or... need MORE private lessons, MORE stuff from Hockeyshot.com, and a new pair of Vapor 1X Limited Edition skates with pink laces!

goaliemojodad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-5
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 11:01:25 AM »
I am totally interested in kids development, but like all of you, put my kid first. Since he's a tender, getting the most adversity is the best thing for his future. I've watched the whole team grow over the last 8 games (4 in tournie) and am quite sure we would have won a few before the end of the he season. Now, regretfully, we will grow slower BUT your remarks will :) soon turn to whining about why SCAHA let us join your ranks. Have at you. ;D

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 12:57:05 PM »
Well, we'll do our best to give your son some adversity.