This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Phoenix area Hotels?  (Read 8409 times)

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
Phoenix area Hotels?
« on: October 24, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »
Our team will be playing in Preoria, AZ over Presidents Day weekend.  Any hotel suggestions?

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
Re: Phoenix area Hotels?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »
It is a condition to participate in the tournament that you stay at one of the hotels specified by the tournament organizers. Go on their website to see choices pick one that is in the price range and location you desire then book a block of rooms ASAP.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 11:29:48 AM »
There are lots of play to stay hotels listed
  Hoping someone has good or bad to say about  their experiences to help narrow the field

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 11:37:04 AM »
The area around the Peoria rink is nice.  I would go with any of the reputable hotel chains in the area.  There is a big baseball Spring training venue right by the rink so lots of hotels and family friendly restaurants nearby.

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-3
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 11:55:54 AM »
The Peoria Arena in the NW Area of Phoenix has a Comfort Inn, Days Inn, Extended Stay, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express & La Quinta Hotels etc type hotels.
Directly to the South on 101 is a Renaissance Marriott right by Gila River Arena but if you do not mind a 12 mile , 20 - 25 minute drive each way, my sons team (who had a blast!) once enjoyed this Hilton Resort with suite rooms and waterpark:
Pointe Hilton
Tapatio Cliffs Resort
11111 N 7th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85020
(602) 866-7500

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:07:58 PM by keepdrinkinthekoolaid »

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 12:16:23 PM »
I responded like I was addressing the team manager. You should contact your team manager and find out if that person has reserved rooms. As I said before, it is a condition that the team stay at one of the tournament hotels.

White Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 06:02:45 PM »
Not entirely a condition.  A team an pay a nominal "penalty" if not selecting one of the "required" hotels.  Usually less than $100 for the team to opt out of the hotel choices.

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 12:36:00 PM »
That is true however I do not see that option on the website for the tournament. Below is their statement regarding hotels
HOTEL BOOKING POLICY/PROCESS
This is a "Stay to Play" tournament.  Prior to being accepted into our tournament, teams that do not reside in Phoenix will be required to block their rooms through Traveling Teams.
The team manager will have probably already blocked rooms in order to allow the team to play. I would suggest contacting that person for details. Besides, it is a lot more fun if all the kids are together at the same hotel. That is the real fun of going out of town for a tournament.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 11:11:37 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  We stayed at the Phoenix Radisson North, which was one of the few hotels that could accommodate two teams by the time we made our reservations.  Will never stay at this hotel again.  Terrible food, and the area becomes sketchy once it gets dark.  If you go to this tourney, make you reservations for better hotels as soon as possible.  Apart from that, it was a great tourney.  Hope everyone had a great time at their tourneys as well.