This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam A / AA All Wave3 All The Time  (Read 29323 times)

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
Bantam A / AA All Wave3 All The Time
« on: November 21, 2016, 01:17:34 PM »
Well, a quiet weekend to start my new blog. We ended up not playing Nevada Storm (AA), they played AA Kings twice instead, splitting the games.

Sunday morning W3 beat Ducks2 12-2, shots were 66-12, though a few of us counted Ducks shot at 5.  It was an entertaining game, Ducks battled the whole time and capitalized on our defensive breakdowns.

The scores and shots differentials in the A games we play notwithstanding, there are some fine young goalies in A, and seeing shots off 2nd, 3rd, 4th rebounds will do nothing but help them learn their craft. 

What A teams are often missing is D who can actually impact the front of the net by a) clearing out one or even two attackers and  b) solidly getting the puck on their sticks before they try to clear it or make a breakout pass. Secondly, the wingers have to be open to receiving a breakout pass, that is: still inside their zone, hockey position, stick on the ice and in MOTION.

Not many D at this age can make a long hard accurate stretch pass to the neutral zone without it getting picked off.  Also teams in defense mode at this age need to think more about weak side. Us too. There is often a play to be made there, but we still try and jam the puck up the wall into a crowd. Why I don't know.

Thanksgiving this weekend. Aliso Viejo AA Tournament. Good luck to everyone.

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
Re: Bantam A / AA All Wave3 All The Time
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:13:29 PM »

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »
"They", as in the Storm played the Kings?

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »
Unofficial scrimmage x 2 as we lost our ice.

Morning 4-2 Storm
Afternon 2-1 Kings

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 02:44:31 PM »
What this jack ass forgets to mention in the last seconds of the game, the Wave player laid a questionable hit on a Duck in open ice near the wave bench and then as he gets up the kid takes a bow in front of his bench to his team mates and the Duck player lays on the ice in pain.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:00:42 PM by WCHP »

coachbombay

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 02:51:49 PM »
Don't worry WCHP, Big brother Duck will take care of those Wave rats in Vegas. Payback!

Kalishock

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
  • Don't ask the q.. if you can't handle the answer!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 02:56:39 PM »
What this jack ass forgets to mention in the last seconds of the game, the Wave player laid a questionable hit on a Duck in open ice near the wave bench and then as he gets up the fucking little prick of a kid takes a bow in front of his bench to his team mates and the Duck player lays on the ice in pain.

......I dont usually say much on here.. but come on.   Attacking the kid..  no matter how wrong he was..   is not cool.   If I knew that was my kid..  and you said that about him..     we would have some serious issues outside of this arena.    No need for that.. in my opinion.   Just sayin.
Call it both ways, ref.. ya one sided bastard!

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 03:02:36 PM »
Agreed, modified my post,

but still no right for what he did, even if was a accidental hit, you don't be so blatant about it

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »
another great example of why the wave 03s are playing in the right division.  someone pulls that at a Tier game and CAHA will be busy dealing with the numerous suspensions.  and the poor wave 03s might not be able to finish the game as they will run out of players...

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 06:15:44 AM »
Wow. Okay, here we go.

1. The Duck came over the blue line with his head down.

2. The hit was CLEAN. No penalty was assessed.

3. It WAS inappropriate, given the score and that there were like, 30 seconds left in the game. I expressed same privately and enquired as to the boy's condition.

4. It's Bantam now ladies. The boys need to know that.

5. As for the Big Ducks, yes, that's who we should and want to be playing after beating your little Ducklings 9-1 and 12-2 (good goalies on both teams). BUT the BIG QUACKERS refuse to scrimmage us. As in Declined. Even back in August they refused.

So yes, let's hope we meet in Vegas. Though as always in Travel hockey it's really dumb to go somewhere far to play a local team.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 07:56:06 AM »
addenda to Goon Hockey - I'm sure the irony of your handle is lost on you. If you don't know the difference between a clean hit, and a dirty hit, then I think you should recuse yourself from commenting on that topic, because you're not qualified.

In fact, I think you're a wanna be 'soccer mom'. That's the worst insult I can think of without more coffee.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:01:27 AM by Crash »

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 08:56:07 AM »
it's comical that almost every one of your posts crash call out other teams for "dirty" hits but your little gretzkys hit "clean".  merely pointing out that dirty vs clean is a relative statement and varies from parent to parent and team to team.  hope your coach brings extra ice packs to vegas, or you might not finish the weekend...

coachbombay

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 08:59:43 AM »
Wow. Okay, here we go.

1. The Duck came over the blue line with his head down.

2. The hit was CLEAN. No penalty was assessed.

3. It WAS inappropriate, given the score and that there were like, 30 seconds left in the game. I expressed same privately and enquired as to the boy's condition.

4. It's Bantam now ladies. The boys need to know that.

5. As for the Big Ducks, yes, that's who we should and want to be playing after beating your little Ducklings 9-1 and 12-2 (good goalies on both teams). BUT the BIG QUACKERS refuse to scrimmage us. As in Declined. Even back in August they refused.

So yes, let's hope we meet in Vegas. Though as always in Travel hockey it's really dumb to go somewhere far to play a local team.

Dude! for the last time, we are not going to vegas to play the wave 3. we are going because we want to have a chance go to detriot to face high end BANTAM AA teams

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 09:09:36 AM »
You are proving my point, that you don't know the difference between a clear hit and a dirty one. You can watch video and learn.

As for Vegas, we beat the AA Black Hawks in the most physical kids' game i have ever seen. They were so dirty (not the coaches fault, he was trying to dial them down) that Tide called after the first period wanting to sponsor them.

For the record, my son is not a 'little Gretzy". Gretzy whined too much.

His favorite players are PK Subban and Andre Markov. His coach wants watching Roman Jossi.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »
... Coach Bombay... which won't happen if you can't even beat a little Bantam A team, right? Which is why you won't play us.