This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt B  (Read 55076 times)

Hackey11

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-3
Re: Squirt B
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 06:13:07 PM »
Our wave (4) team moved up together from the mitessential. This team came in second to the flyers last thanksgiving tournament.

Hackey11

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 01:52:44 PM »
Well, Artesia has some interesting coaches.  They scream at the refs and kids the entire game.  Few of the parents are crazy too.  They act like lives depend on the out come off the game.

Just Saying

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 02:23:43 PM »
Well, Artesia has some interesting coaches.  They scream at the refs and kids the entire game.  Few of the parents are crazy too.  They act like lives depend on the out come off the game.

Oh, it gets worse... it gets much worse...

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 03:34:01 PM »

I was at the game as well.  I didn't see any screaming at the kids... In fact the coaching staff is actually very mild with the boys.  The team is primarily 08s with 3-4 07s.  A young team that is still getting used to full ice.  I think you are confusing yelling/screaming with on ice instruction.

Now the Refs, yeah there was some issues with them lol. 3-4 obvious tripping penalties missed by the refs that definitely could have swung the game Artesia's way. (final score was a 4-5 loss)  But it is what it is.  That is the type of reffing that is very common in Squirt B.  Hey they gotta learn somewhere haha.  All in all it was a fun game and we were pretty happy with how our kids played.  Even if we came just shy of giving Ont4 their first loss.

Maybe your comments came from the score being a little to close in the end? Got ya a little nervous eh? lmao

Hackey11

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 10:14:34 PM »
Good game for sure!  Over all experience with families from Artesia not so great.  One dad cursing at refs and another telling two of our dads to meet him in the parking lot.  One mom flipping the refs off.  This is just what I saw.  The kids were great.  I'm glad they had fun and came out feeling good about the effort given. Our kids need to get back to defense.

2kids2teamsnomoney

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-2
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 12:54:10 PM »
Good game for sure!  Over all experience with families from Artesia not so great.  One dad cursing at refs and another telling two of our dads to meet him in the parking lot.  One mom flipping the refs off.  This is just what I saw.  The kids were great.  I'm glad they had fun and came out feeling good about the effort given. Our kids need to get back to defense.

are you sure you weren't in Bakersfield  :o

Hackey11

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »
Hahaha!  Are they bad too? They were quite at our game

Bruh

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 01:29:54 PM »
I was also at the game.  Looked like Wave Artesia was overmatched but made quite a game out of it.  Wave 4 tied this weekend against the heat.  I think we'll see what that team is made of after the game against OC.   Orange County has a much better goalie than the heat and similar goal scorers.  Wave 4 has had mostly a soft schedule till recently.  Wave 4 should be a good playoff team but Kings2 is the team to beat.  Probably wave 4 or OC vs Kings 2 for title

skankHunt44

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 07:04:38 PM »
Interesting take on the Ontario 4/Artesia game fella. I clearly heard the Ontario side saying, and i'm using quotation marks here for good reason, "we're about to get ugly" and "I'm your huckleberry" which was miss used anyway. This was after a wretched old woman decided she needed to cheer AT the Artesia families after each goal instead of towards the innocent child unfortunate enough to be her kin. And mind you this was all after racist comments made towards the Hispanic 8 and 9 year olds on the Artesia team. Pretty sure your impression of the events were a little biased. But hey, I was just there waiting for the next game so let's assume my POV is the correct one, shall we?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:05:30 PM by skankHunt44 »

Hackey11

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »
If you don't mind, what was said?  I'd like to address this with whomever said it.  My kids aren't white and we play on that team.  I'd love to address this with them. I don't have any room for racism. Please message me privately.

skankHunt44

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »
After a penalty was called for a pretty good but aggressive play on the puck an early 30's white male said with a stereotypical Hispanic gang member accent, "that's how they do it Artesia style S.A." Terrible. Very classless.

Hockeycamper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 06:40:09 PM »
Does anyone know what the score of the Wave 4/OCHC was?  It's Thursday.....still no score posted!

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »
Does anyone know what the score of the Wave 4/OCHC was?  It's Thursday.....still no score posted!

I heard that OCHC won 4-3.

kingsfan67

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 02:00:52 PM »
Anyone know how many teams make the playoffs? Whats the PO format?

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 02:21:30 PM »
Anyone know how many teams make the playoffs? Whats the PO format?

It's usually top 8 make the playoffs which are divided into 2 pools of 4.  The two pools play round robin and the top 2 advance.