This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Peewee AA 2017-2018  (Read 314726 times)

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
Re: Peewee AA 2017-2018
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2017, 10:22:08 AM »
"Only 3" on a 4 vs 4 small roster tournament... :'(  lol >:(

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2017, 10:37:29 AM »
3 on a 9 man roster is hardly heavy... Sounds like someone is but hurt over some earlier comments! Haha!! It's ok..

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2017, 10:43:04 AM »
3 on a 9 man roster is hardly heavy... Sounds like someone is but hurt over some earlier comments! Haha!! It's ok..

Thanks for making me feel better!

In The Crease

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +38/-12
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2017, 10:52:23 PM »

Shand's OC team is doing well at Carmen Starr. Beat Kings Tatavosian, GSE, Ducks Kohn and Bears. Face the Saints tomorrow. Bears and OCHC are in the finals.

Looking at OC's Carmen Starr roster, I am a little worried. I guess this will be a small preview of what the season will look like for the new brackets for AA. OC must of had a lot of kids move up to Bantam. I don't see very many of their names on that roster.

Last year's OCHC PWAA team are all moving up to bantam, except two players, and they're both on Shand's Carmen Starr team. I wouldn't worry about Shand's team, they always compete.

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2017, 10:49:00 AM »
Shand's team won those 4 games but each of the opposing players, coaches and parents probably think their team could have won.    OC is a tough resilient team but the those 6 teams are close, very close.   It will depend on which teams improve over the next 7 months or so.   

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2017, 11:32:00 PM »
I’d like to see a survey of which coaches develop players vs coaches who mostly recruit?

Even at the A/B level I see coaches who bring kids in from other Counties/States or suck kids away from other teams promising the way to hockey glory, a D1 scholarship and the NHL.  These coaches spend most of their time recruiting kids away from coaches who develop kids and it’s a shame because it mostly ends up being a 1 or 2 year experiment and then they’re on the way to the next best thing (club hoppers).  Especially love the 5’5” parents with the super star Squirt/Peewee who think their kid will be the next Theo Fleury or Mats Zuccarello.

It’s a funny thing when you have coaches who will cut or throw a kid and good family away for a cancerous family with/for a slightly better player.  Why not develop the kid who is loyal and working hard to get better?  In most cases, the cancer parent(s) ruin the team chemistry and all goes to hell anyway but regardless, I love watching these super star parents jump from club to club to get on a winner.  I especially love watching them pay tens of thousands a year to eventually see their kid quit hockey at 16 or 18.  After all, it’s all about propping up your kid and letting them know that you’ll always bail them out and that life lessons only come from winning.

Good luck to all who are jumping clubs and teams in search for greener pastures!!!  Ask any parent with aged out kids who don’t play hockey anymore what a waste it all was… Have fun and enjoy!

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2017, 12:31:49 AM »
I’d like to see a survey of which coaches develop players vs coaches who mostly recruit?

Even at the A/B level I see coaches who bring kids in from other Counties/States or suck kids away from other teams promising the way to hockey glory, a D1 scholarship and the NHL.  These coaches spend most of their time recruiting kids away from coaches who develop kids and it’s a shame because it mostly ends up being a 1 or 2 year experiment and then they’re on the way to the next best thing (club hoppers).  Especially love the 5’5” parents with the super star Squirt/Peewee who think their kid will be the next Theo Fleury or Mats Zuccarello.

It’s a funny thing when you have coaches who will cut or throw a kid and good family away for a cancerous family with/for a slightly better player.  Why not develop the kid who is loyal and working hard to get better?  In most cases, the cancer parent(s) ruin the team chemistry and all goes to hell anyway but regardless, I love watching these super star parents jump from club to club to get on a winner.  I especially love watching them pay tens of thousands a year to eventually see their kid quit hockey at 16 or 18.  After all, it’s all about propping up your kid and letting them know that you’ll always bail them out and that life lessons only come from winning.

Good luck to all who are jumping clubs and teams in search for greener pastures!!!  Ask any parent with aged out kids who don’t play hockey anymore what a waste it all was… Have fun and enjoy!

sounds like someone's kid lost his spot to a short kid with a long commute

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2017, 01:26:18 AM »

sounds like someone's kid lost his spot to a short kid with a long commute

Actually quite the opposite.  Kid on a good team who makes playoffs 3 years in a row but doesn't win it "ALL" and other short parents go jumping to other teams to recruiting coaches.  Last year some left and guess who all came back looking for a spot this year?  I just find the whole process amusing, that's all...

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2017, 08:51:55 AM »

Definitely someone who is butt hurt....

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »
Not so at all, just trying to add some substance to the board rather than the nonsense you post.  I see so many parents burn bridge after bridge with coaches and clubs looking for greener pastures.  Guess what? The grass is just a different shade of green (every club has problems/issues) and when you end up looking in the mirror wondering what to do next, you'll finally realize that it's a small portion of your kids life and he's still not going to the NHL.

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
Interesting to see results of other AA tourneys.  Carmen Starr produced some very competitive games
If the rest of the results are like his it could be a great year

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2017, 11:48:09 AM »
In my opinion the WHOLE PW div is going to be a joke. 07 BBs going PWA......BBs going to PW AA and 06s that were PWAs going AAA.

What a joke !!

You give a monkey a gun, he's going to shoot someone.
It has come to my attention that some comrades were a bit butt hurt about my comments.   Just my opinion.

Also some chest pumping as a result of a few wins.

To this I say........"In a village of the blind, a one eyed man is king. "
 ;)

skates

« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2017, 12:58:29 PM »
Not surprised by the PW AA Carmen Star Results. The most hyped up team lost in the end. I got a chance to see the GSE game against OC. OC does have a few small kids that just were not perfoming in the game I saw. Even though they beat GSE, I didn't see them that strong as all the hype. No sour apples here either because I don't think GSE showed up this weekend either. And yes I am bias since my Nephew is on GSE.

Once again, just my opinion. If OC picks up kids from teams that were not contenders in A last season they will struggle. Looking at the stats these kids may have performed in the saints game, but then again, I think the saints are a middle to bottom of the division team.  Kids from Smerud's OC PW A team were definitely a difference maker for OC this weekend.  I think coach has a big decision to make come try outs this coming weekend.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 01:00:00 PM by skates »

Icelife

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2017, 01:20:54 PM »

Or maybe it's not the club but the coach! We would have club hopped if the coach from OC last year was carrying a team, of course if he would have had my kid. We have heard such great things about that OC coach and my wife and I would listen to him when we saw their games and his direction was spot on. There are coaches who chew out kids and who ride their a*s so much kids lose interest. Point being, coach not the club. Many clubs have 1 option at the level of play.
Also, what's wrong with a coach trying to recruit talent? Isn't that how you win games? Or are you saying that 5'5 kid has no talent?

Let's all remember, these are kids!

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
Valencia Peewee AA skate Tuesday
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2017, 01:46:51 PM »
Tuesday 5/30 - Peewee AA pre-tryout clinic @ 6:15pm.

Coach Josh Berge and Pavel Sisak will be there afterwards to talk to the parents and answer any questions you might have about the program.