This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Peewee AA 2017-2018  (Read 314803 times)

Reality check

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-25
Re: Peewee AA 2017-2018
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2017, 03:13:50 PM »
Just keep chasing those AAAAAA. So you can keep up with the Jones.. Same as it was years ago. Time marches on but the story line stays the same..

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #241 on: June 13, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »
RC, tell us how it all ends.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #242 on: June 13, 2017, 08:45:05 PM »
Just keep chasing those AAAAAA. So you can keep up with the Jones.. Same as it was years ago. Time marches on but the story line stays the same..
You know some of them ?? :P :P

Reality check

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-25
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2017, 06:48:51 AM »
Sure did know some of them.  8)

GrillCracker

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-4
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2017, 09:09:44 AM »

I know a whole gaggle of them and they find comfort in the many D1 scholarship offers that are coming. 

Parent 1:  Dude, this season is getting really expensive
Parent 2:  Yeah, but at least they can get a college scholarship out if it.
Parent 1:  True, if they don't make it to the WHL or the NHL.

Meanwhile the hotdogs need turners in Lakewood and the pro shop at Anaheim has a future sharpener apprentice program.

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #245 on: June 14, 2017, 10:46:06 AM »
RC, tell us how it all ends.

"Everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end."- Coughlin's Law

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #246 on: June 14, 2017, 11:09:37 AM »

I know a whole gaggle of them and they find comfort in the many D1 scholarship offers that are coming. 

Meanwhile the hotdogs need turners in Lakewood and the pro shop at Anaheim has a future sharpener apprentice program.

Whenever I see someone go off on this topic this video always comes to mind - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjy_7haflaM

Reality check

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-25
« Reply #247 on: June 14, 2017, 12:17:17 PM »
I am sure all the kids playing AA deserve to be playing at that level. Good luck to all of the future D1 players!

GrillCracker

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-4
« Reply #248 on: June 14, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »

Whenever I see someone go off on this topic this video always comes to mind - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjy_7haflaM

Whenever parents are told the reality and the statistical odds of their California kid getting a full ride D1 scholarship via ice hockey they prefer to ignore reality, get mad or post videos about how the messenger is 'Hating'. 

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #249 on: June 14, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »

Whenever parents are told the reality and the statistical odds of their California kid getting a full ride D1 scholarship via ice hockey they prefer to ignore reality, get mad or post videos about how the messenger is 'Hating'.

The upcoming season will be our 6th in SCAHA and we have been around the "best" players and families for most of them...Talking BRICK players, AA or even AAA and in those 6 years I have never heard one parent, even parents that annoy the f out of me, say anything close to what you seem to say is a common discussion. Some parents hope for it? Sure, why not...but who doesnt hope their kids excel at a sport.

During these years I have heard plenty of people rip into BRICK, AA or even AAA players and close to 99% of the time is by parents of kids who didnt make those teams....so, again, let me leave you with a video because it is certain you are of the latter group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-sYTAHtzXM

GrillCracker

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-4
« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2017, 03:37:03 PM »

The upcoming season will be our 6th in SCAHA and we have been around the "best" players and families for most of them...Talking BRICK players, AA or even AAA and in those 6 years I have never heard one parent, even parents that annoy the f out of me, say anything close to what you seem to say is a common discussion. Some parents hope for it? Sure, why not...but who doesnt hope their kids excel at a sport.

During these years I have heard plenty of people rip into BRICK, AA or even AAA players and close to 99% of the time is by parents of kids who didnt make those teams....so, again, let me leave you with a video because it is certain you are of the latter group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-sYTAHtzXM

You have been around Tier hockey for that long and never heard one parent talk about their kid getting or planning to get a scholarship?  Then you have never actually been around tier hockey or you are straight up lying.

Let's talk numbers:

2016-2017 year

1645 men rostered on NCAA Div 1 teams
1118 US men rostered on NCAA Div 1 teams
38 US men from CA rostered on NCAA Div 1 teams
7 US men from CA rostered o NCAA Div 1 teams that played in CA through 18AAA.

The other 31 men from California currently rostered on D1 teams left California to play
at a prep school or a high level JR. program by the time they were 15.

That would put the % of California players rostered on a D1 team in total at about 3.4% and the % of California players
who stayed to play in California thru 18 at about .75%.

This spans a 4 year recruiting block and includes players from freshmen to seniors.

If you factor in percentages taking height into consideration the numbers change dramatically and the % nosedives for sub 6' players.

There is no hate involved bro, its a matter of indisputable fact and I understand reading facts about the future possibilities in the sport
make people upset and squeamish, as there is a lot of time and money on the line.

That does not take away from the hard work, fun, discipline and fortitude that playing hockey can offer kids in return.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:23:23 PM by GrillCracker »

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »

You have been around Tier hockey for that long and never heard one parent talk about their kid getting or planning to get a scholarship?  Then you have never actually been around tier hockey or you are straight up lying.

Let's talk numbers:

2016-2017 year

The other 31 men from California currently rostered on D1 teams left California to play

That would put the % of California players rostered on a D1 team in total at about 3.4% and the % of California players

This spans a 4 year recruiting block and includes payers from freshmen to seniors.

If you factor in percentages taking height into consideration the numbers change dramatically and the % nosedives for sub 6' players.

There is no hate involved bro, its a matter of indisputable fact and I understand reading facts about the future possibilities in the sport
make people upset and squeamish, as there is a lot of time and money on the line.

That does not take away from the hard work, fun, discipline and fortitude that playing hockey can offer kids in return.

Post stats to support your hating and deflect from the fact that I am right / posting awesome videos...well played.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2017, 04:24:18 PM »

Let's talk numbers:

2016-2017 year

This spans a 4 year recruiting block and includes payers from freshmen to seniors.

Most parents 'know' their kid won't make it to D1/NHL/Jr, but all 'hope' they will defy the odds. Not sure if others are upset at the indisputable minuscule odds, but definitely annoyed at those continuously beating the dead horse and trying to drop knowledge as if we don't already know. Like I said before, banking on D1/pro is like banking on winning the Super Lotto. It happens, but probably not gonna happen to you...

Sure some kids shouldn't play AA, but knocking them continuously only makes you look butthurt/player-hating or your kid didn't cut it at tryout. Parents elect to have their kids play AA/AAA for many reasons, mine being that I want my kid to play at the highest level he's capable of, against the best comp we can find. And even if my kid is good enough for AAA, it never crossed our minds due to cost, drive, and traveling. Is he going to get a scholarship? Odds are improbable, but not impossible. That's like saying, oh my kid is not going to Havard, mind as well just go to a shitty school... No, you still want him to get the best education possible, right? It's a free country, if parents want to pay and have time to drive, kid is good enough to make AA/AAA and coaches willing to take them, let them be.

At AA/AAA, if your kids are good enough to make it, he will play with/against better players and obvious better compete level than A. And I believe that a player improve faster playing with/vs better comp...

GrillCracker

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-4
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2017, 04:41:53 PM »

Let's talk numbers:

2016-2017 year

Post stats to support your hating and deflect from the fact that I am right / posting awesome videos...well played.

Still squeamish I see. Facts and stats tend to put people into corners ,well played indeed.

Reality check

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-25
« Reply #254 on: June 15, 2017, 06:55:36 AM »
Lets all not get all hurt. If your player gets to go  on and  play DIII or Club hockey in college that is great!!