This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Peewee AA 2017-2018  (Read 314798 times)

NorcalDad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
Re: Peewee AA 2017-2018
« Reply #480 on: September 20, 2017, 09:31:02 AM »

Norcal - wow, take a shot at the staff!  It's actually the result of poor planning by Scaha and the fact that they fine you if you missing a game.

CAHA rule 9.17: There shall be a minimum of four (4) hours scheduled between games played on the same day, and twelve (12) hours scheduled on games played on consecutive days. Time is counted from the end of one game to the start (puck drop) of the next.

SCAHA rule 34.09(i) repeats that language.

NORCAL rule 5.9.E:  If two games are scheduled for the same day, there must be at least four hours separation and there must not
be more than one hour normal driving time between the rinks at which the games are scheduled.

Here are rules that actually makes sense, so, yes, it would be nice for "the staff" to get the scheduling right.

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #481 on: September 20, 2017, 10:10:35 AM »
Our 10am game was scheduled long before SCAHA scheduled our noon game.  A team came from out of state to play us Saturday and Sunday.  It was planeed a month inadvance.  Not sure how you think our staff could have controlled the SCAHA schedule.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #482 on: September 20, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »
Our 10am game was scheduled long before SCAHA scheduled our noon game.  A team came from out of state to play us Saturday and Sunday.  It was planeed a month inadvance.  Not sure how you think our staff could have controlled the SCAHA schedule.
One was a SCAHA game the other was probably a scrimmage.
When you get the opportunity to play A team from outside the area you should take it.  Cone On, there kids are 9-10.  They can play TWO games and still go home and swim for hours. No big deal

Mcdonaldmom04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-5
« Reply #483 on: September 20, 2017, 10:46:48 AM »
So you think all that "experience" is what makes good coaching and allows them to make good choices for kids?  They don't care!!
The definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein..

NorcalDad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #484 on: September 20, 2017, 10:56:29 AM »

I think most teams have better coaches and managers than that.

Yeah, you're probably right.  The Kings 2 coaching staff only has 3 yrs OHL experience, 4 years NCAA D1 experience, over 1000 NHL games, 16 state championships, 8 pacific division titles, 6 trips to Nationals, a WHL championship and a Stanley cup.  But I digress....

There is so much more to coaching than having success as a player.  Players-turned-coaches still should be aware of the rules, and should even be more sympathetic to those regarding player health and well-being.

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #485 on: September 20, 2017, 11:05:13 AM »
The coaches didn't schedule the 2nd game scaha did

NorcalDad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #486 on: September 20, 2017, 11:14:17 AM »

The teams have a mechanism to reschedule SCAHA games (whether they allow it is another issue).  Plus
  • 32.04 Any SCAHA team wishing to play in tournaments or exhibition games must notify the SCAHA Statistician in advance of proposed games. The SCAHA Statistician must give permission for these games to be played.
So if SCAHA approved the x-game and then scheduled a league game, they're in violation of their own rules.

But if one of your coaches won the Stanley Cup, that changes everything!

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #487 on: September 20, 2017, 11:31:23 AM »

Norcal - wow, take a shot at the staff!  It's actually the result of poor planning by Scaha and the fact that they fine you if you missing a game.

CAHA rule 9.17: There shall be a minimum of four (4) hours scheduled between games played on the same day, and twelve (12) hours scheduled on games played on consecutive days. Time is counted from the end of one game to the start (puck drop) of the next.

NORCAL rule 5.9.E:  If two games are scheduled for the same day, there must be at least four hours separation and there must not
be more than one hour normal driving time between the rinks at which the games are scheduled.

Here are rules that actually makes sense, so, yes, it would be nice for "the staff" to get the scheduling right.

Those SCAHA and CAHA rules are for SCAHA and CAHA playoffs

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
« Reply #488 on: September 20, 2017, 11:33:22 AM »

USA Hockey has similar rules for ANY scheduled Game.  If I had time (or cared enough), I would find the reference...

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #489 on: September 20, 2017, 11:35:57 AM »
I have no dog in this fight but it appears much ado about nothing. These kids have practices in the morning, dryland and scrimmages all in one day with minimal time in between. Many of these kids attend roller hockey tournaments where the format could call for them to play 4 or 5 games in one day. Those schedules can be crazy. I wasn't there to see the kids in action but I hardly think any of them were affected in a negative way by playing these games. If that is not the case I would certainly be objective and like to hear the specifics.

NorcalDad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #490 on: September 20, 2017, 11:39:07 AM »

Indeed true for SCAHA (thanks).  CAHA section 9 contains rules for AA, not just playoffs.

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #491 on: September 20, 2017, 11:42:32 AM »

USA Hockey has similar rules for ANY scheduled Game.  If I had time (or cared enough), I would find the reference...

the USA hockey rule also relates to playoffs.  Only mentioned in the district and national tournament guidelines

NorcalDad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #492 on: September 20, 2017, 11:49:20 AM »
I have no dog in this fight but it appears much ado about nothing. These kids have practices in the morning, dryland and scrimmages all in one day with minimal time in between. Many of these kids attend roller hockey tournaments where the format could call for them to play 4 or 5 games in one day. Those schedules can be crazy. I wasn't there to see the kids in action but I hardly think any of them were affected in a negative way by playing these games. If that is not the case I would certainly be objective and like to hear the specifics.

Maybe a lack of crazy would be a good thing?

Overuse injuries, fatigue issues, general burnout, and wet gear are all downsides.

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #493 on: September 20, 2017, 11:53:04 AM »

The teams have a mechanism to reschedule SCAHA games (whether they allow it is another issue).  Plus
  • 32.04 Any SCAHA team wishing to play in tournaments or exhibition games must notify the SCAHA Statistician in advance of proposed games. The SCAHA Statistician must give permission for these games to be played.
So if SCAHA approved the x-game and then scheduled a league game, they're in violation of their own rules.

But if one of your coaches won the Stanley Cup, that changes everything!

rule 32.04  Any SCAHA team wishing to play in tournaments or exhibition games must notify the SCAHA Statistician in advance of proposed games. The SCAHA Statistician must give permission for these games to be played. These games must not interfere with SCAHA preseason, regular season and or League playoff games. Requests to play are automatically denied if the tournament games conflict with league scheduled games.

1. First game didn't interfere or conflict with our second game
2. These SCAHA games are not pre-season, regular season, or league playoff games anyway, they are also exhibitions
3. the 4 hour rule only relates to playoff games, so one team doesn't get screwed by the schedule and doesn't have to play a well rested team after a short recovery period

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #494 on: September 20, 2017, 12:15:26 PM »

Indeed true for SCAHA (thanks).  CAHA section 9 contains rules for AA, not just playoffs.

partially true CAHA section 9 rule relates to CAHA weekends and playoffs