This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Peewee AA 2017-2018  (Read 314773 times)

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
Re: Peewee AA 2017-2018
« Reply #540 on: September 27, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »
maybe they'll meet in the play in game, if the ducks can stay out of 9th or 10th place. 

Go Kings_26

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-22
« Reply #541 on: September 27, 2017, 10:03:18 AM »
Doesn't really matter.  Kings didn't have a chance to play GSE 2 nor Gulls 1.  On the other side, Ducks 2 never played Kings 1.  It was pretty obvious that this was architected behind the scenes.  My prediction is the Ducks 2 have a very long and painful season. Can't wait till the Kings 2 and Ducks 2 face-off in scaha.  It's pretty obvious that CAHA didn't want a birth year team in Flight 1......Again - how about fixing the AAA problem.  Both the 05 and 06 birth year teams faired pretty darn well in PW AA.....Oh, and the 05 team, that made the playoffs, did get an occasional but kicking from the all 03 teams.....Doesn't mean they were not competitive......

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #542 on: September 27, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »
Pretty sure that CAHA feels that the AAA "problem" was fixed when it limited AAA to five teams per age group.  The AAA "problem" being solved, they moved on to the AA "problem" and came up with the flight system.

As far as Kings 2 go, how did the fare against Kings 1?  And if they want to play Ducks 2 so badly, aren't the Ducks just a phone call away for a scrimmage?

I like Kings 2 a lot -  looks a talented group of kids.  And I don't discount politics.  But it sure looks to me from the initial match ups that the Kings organization evaluated them as a Flight 2 team going into the Jamboree.  Kings 2 also had a good chance to show that they did not belong in Flight 2 with the match ups against Gulls 2 and the Reign at the Jamboree, and the Ice Dogs last week.   All of those games were within a goal.  That is half of Flight 2 right there.  I would venture that the most interesting game in Vacaville for Flight II is Kings 2 v. Flyers.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #543 on: September 27, 2017, 12:53:02 PM »
Doesn't really matter.  Kings didn't have a chance to play GSE 2 nor Gulls 1.  On the other side, Ducks 2 never played Kings 1.  It was pretty obvious that this was architected behind the scenes.  My prediction is the Ducks 2 have a very long and painful season. Can't wait till the Kings 2 and Ducks 2 face-off in scaha.  It's pretty obvious that CAHA didn't want a birth year team in Flight 1......Again - how about fixing the AAA problem.  Both the 05 and 06 birth year teams faired pretty darn well in PW AA.....Oh, and the 05 team, that made the playoffs, did get an occasional but kicking from the all 03 teams.....Doesn't mean they were not competitive......

Both the Ducks and Kings '05 teams were very competitive with the Ducks team making it to play downs and the Kings barely missing the playoffs. 

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #544 on: September 27, 2017, 01:43:47 PM »
Pretty sure that CAHA feels that the AAA "problem" was fixed when it limited AAA to five teams per age group.  The AAA "problem" being solved, they moved on to the AA "problem" and came up with the flight system.

As far as Kings 2 go, how did the fare against Kings 1?  And if they want to play Ducks 2 so badly, aren't the Ducks just a phone call away for a scrimmage?

I like Kings 2 a lot -  looks a talented group of kids.  And I don't discount politics.  But it sure looks to me from the initial match ups that the Kings organization evaluated them as a Flight 2 team going into the Jamboree.  Kings 2 also had a good chance to show that they did not belong in Flight 2 with the match ups against Gulls 2 and the Reign at the Jamboree, and the Ice Dogs last week.   All of those games were within a goal.  That is half of Flight 2 right there.  I would venture that the most interesting game in Vacaville for Flight II is Kings 2 v. Flyers.

Kings2 also beat the Gulls2 5-0 in a scaha game.  What would the Ducks2 have to gain by agreeing to scrimmage the Kings2?  Who's to say they take the call?  CAHA our SCAHA should have scheduled it.

Go Kings_26

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-22
« Reply #545 on: September 28, 2017, 07:16:30 AM »
Like I said.  Can't wait to see this board when the Ducks 2 loses to Kings 2 in Scaha, as well s some other Tier 1 teams. Whoever said the AAA problem is solved, does not have a kid in AAA.  I do.  They have one AAA up North and can't get any of the good kids to join it.  Thus, they land on the AA GSE teams.  If their were a AAA flight system, the Norcal teams would be in Flight 3.  In a state with this many kids, and so many AA teams, why do the AA teams play the same 2 teams all year????????

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-3
« Reply #546 on: September 28, 2017, 07:53:45 AM »
Like I said.  Can't wait to see this board when the Ducks 2 loses to Kings 2 in Scaha, as well s some other Tier 1 teams. Whoever said the AAA problem is solved, does not have a kid in AAA.  I do.  They have one AAA up North and can't get any of the good kids to join it.  Thus, they land on the AA GSE teams.  If their were a AAA flight system, the Norcal teams would be in Flight 3.  In a state with this many kids, and so many AA teams, why do the AA teams play the same 2 teams all year? ??? ??? ?

Good morning Go Kings_26.  Instead of being so worried about CAHA, SCAHA, Jr Ducks2 and crowning your Jr Kings2 Flt #2 Champs, perhaps you should be thinking about the Bears this Sunday? 

BTW, get your facts straight when you are trying to prove a point
1) ie:"It's pretty obvious that CAHA didn't want a birth year team in Flight 1"!  There are lots of Birth Year Teams in Flt1 PeeWee AA, they are 2005's
2) Check the roster of your JK2 '07's, birth year meaning born between 01/01/2007 - 12/31/2007, correct?  One of your best and definitely busiest players ("between the pipes") does not fall into the above qualifying criteria

Agreed Fourthliner, the whole system was designed to screw the Jr Kings. 

So what happened when the Jr Kings1 vs Jr Kings2? 
7-2 WIN, Jr Kings1 over Jr Kings2.  BUT it wasn't as close as the score, with shots on goal = 60+ to less than 10.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:30:24 PM by keepdrinkinthekoolaid »

highhardone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #547 on: September 28, 2017, 10:11:28 AM »
Like I said.  Can't wait to see this board when the Ducks 2 loses to Kings 2 in Scaha, as well s some other Tier 1 teams. Whoever said the AAA problem is solved, does not have a kid in AAA.  I do.  They have one AAA up North and can't get any of the good kids to join it.  Thus, they land on the AA GSE teams.  If their were a AAA flight system, the Norcal teams would be in Flight 3.  In a state with this many kids, and so many AA teams, why do the AA teams play the same 2 teams all year? ??? ??? ?

I can't say I agree or disagree with Go Kings on his/her SCAHA points but he is absolutely correct about how NorCal views the Sharks Tier teams. The kids don't just go to GSE, there are 1-2 with the Blackhawks and more than a handful who have chosen to play for the Kings or Ducks clubs and whose families were willing to support those moves. Sharks balance too many politics that put kids who have no business playing AAA tier on those teams and then they typically aren't developed well within the Sharks program. Pretty sad state of affairs. For all the drama I read here about the SCAHA teams, at least our southern neighbors can field true AAA quality clubs.
When it's all said and done it's just a game for kids.

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #548 on: September 29, 2017, 03:05:11 PM »
I agree with the assessment of the Jr. Sharks organization.  I've seen multiple cases where they could have more than 1 team (50 -60 kids trying out) in an age group to help develop and grow the sport but chose to go with 1 team with the kids they know - deep pocketed parents and other political shenanigans.  That's not saying those kids were not good players but they could have helped make some of the other players better and not discouraged so many kids from playing.  That definitely factored into our decision to have my son play on the Blackhawks AA team and turning down the Sharks offer.

Go Kings_26

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-22
« Reply #549 on: September 29, 2017, 09:41:38 PM »
Like I said....can't wait to see when the tier 1 teams start losing to Tier 2.  So kings 2  lost to kings 1  7 to 2?  And?  Ok, have Ducks 2 played them?  Ducks 2 lost to GSE 1 6 to 1....Kings 2 lost 6 to 0.  And yet, one is deemed competitive and the other not so much?  Trust me, it's all smoke and mirrors.  If the big clubs wanted their teams in flight 1, that's where they would be.  BTW - Was there a new rule that a few star players couldn't help put a team over the edge (aka the goalie?)  If so, I missed it......BTW that Ducks 2 team has an 05 goalie if we want to start getting ticky tacky. 

I foot stomp the last couple posts.  Sharks program is a part of the AAA problem, but it's even bigger than that.  It's very unfortunate that several of the 06 kids playing flight 1 this year will be playing PW AA next year while several of the 07 flight 2 kids move on to AAA.  Does that really sound right?

skates

« Reply #550 on: September 29, 2017, 10:26:40 PM »
Like I said....can't wait to see when the tier 1 teams start losing to Tier 2.  So kings 2  lost to kings 1  7 to 2?  And?  Ok, have Ducks 2 played them?  Ducks 2 lost to GSE 1 6 to 1....Kings 2 lost 6 to 0.  And yet, one is deemed competitive and the other not so much?  Trust me, it's all smoke and mirrors.  If the big clubs wanted their teams in flight 1, that's where they would be.  BTW - Was there a new rule that a few star players couldn't help put a team over the edge (aka the goalie?)  If so, I missed it......BTW that Ducks 2 team has an 05 goalie if we want to start getting ticky tacky. 

OC Shand AA lost to 06 Kings AAA last weekend. 4 to 1.

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #551 on: September 30, 2017, 09:18:40 AM »

I foot stomp the last couple posts.  Sharks program is a part of the AAA problem, but it's even bigger than that.  It's very unfortunate that several of the 06 kids playing flight 1 this year will be playing PW AA next year while several of the 07 flight 2 kids move on to AAA.  Does that really sound right?

Interesting.  So you are saying the Kings as a "big club" did not want Kings2 in flight 1?????

If I'm not mistaken Ducks 2 beat Gulls 1 in SJ and Gulls 2 6-0 (not 2-1).  If you HAVE to draw the line at 10 (admitted arbitrary) I then I think the edge goes to Ducks 2 IMO Sorry.

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #552 on: October 01, 2017, 12:28:27 AM »

Interesting.  So you are saying the Kings as a "big club" did not want Kings2 in flight 1? ??? ?

If I'm not mistaken Ducks 2 beat Gulls 1 in SJ and Gulls 2 6-0 (not 2-1).  If you HAVE to draw the line at 10 (admitted arbitrary) I then I think the edge goes to Ducks 2 IMO Sorry.

Kings2 also beat the gulls2 5-0. 

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #553 on: October 01, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »
Wow! That's amazing! I heard Gulls 2 beat JK AAA. Did JK AAA have all their players?

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #554 on: October 01, 2017, 12:22:48 PM »

Gulls 1 played kings aaa