This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Peewee AA 2017-2018  (Read 314975 times)

In The Crease

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +38/-12
Re: Peewee AA 2017-2018
« Reply #600 on: October 06, 2017, 10:15:03 PM »
Hey Skates,

Since you were watching the game, did you see or hear the Ducks player who said fxxx you to every OC kid in line after the game? Or the player who didn’t shake one OC players hand in line? Or the lovely Ducks player who used a racial slur towards one of the OC players in line after the game?

At least the coaches said good game to the kids for the first time in six games playing them.

ABCDE

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +25/-8
« Reply #601 on: October 07, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
I tell my boy to not to get caught in the stupid retaliating, but I would have no problem if my boy punched some ignorant little *a* that threw out a racial slur toward one of his teammates (or opponents, for that matter). I hope they turned him in to CAHA.  All the CAHA/SCAHA bs aside, there is no place for that here and hope that kid is suspended.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #602 on: October 07, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »
Results are all over the place.  Peewee hockey --- and not sure what to make of Gulls1.  They have beat some tough teams, beat a pretty solid 06 AAA team, and then come to CAHA and lose 2 games already, and lost to Ducks2 in the Jamboree which was probably the main thing that got Ducks2 into Flight1. 

Compared to last season, I do have to admit that having more CAHA weekends is a lot more interesting than having one.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #603 on: October 07, 2017, 11:41:03 PM »
I agree, I will give them credit for returning it to the way it used to be.  I do wish those minor AAA teams were offered the SCAHA exhibition schedule though.

highhardone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #604 on: October 09, 2017, 09:30:13 AM »
Observations from the first CAHA weekend in no particular order (No disrespect intended to any of the teams or players):
  • Kings 2 are in the flight they belong and should probably be joined by Ducks 2
  • GSE1 is a very beatable team
  • The Bears and OCHC1 are enigmas (it's pick 'em in any game they play)
  • Saints 1 are a far better team than they get credit for (don't sleep on those kids)
  • Kings 1 are a talented but undisciplined team
  • Santa Clara could play a spoiler in any given game (looked good against Kings 1 and OCHC but looked overmatched vs Ducks 1)
  • GSE2 and Gulls 1 are schizophrenic teams (looked good in two games and looked terrible in two games)
  • Ducks 1 are a talented group but continue to lead the league in suspensions (anyone got insight into this, seems like a coaching issue from afar but without direct knowledge it's difficult to say)...http://www.caha.com/suspensions.pl

[/size]Let the after weekend 1 discussions begin.

When it's all said and done it's just a game for kids.

Lstn2thisCrap

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #605 on: October 09, 2017, 11:57:04 AM »
I agree with @in the crease. This is a new season, some people need to get over whatever happened with their kid over the off season! Get up to date and worry about you kid's team now. Quit trying to start gossips and arguments, grow up!

Lstn2thisCrap

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #606 on: October 09, 2017, 12:04:31 PM »
And I too agree with the lack of respect, and sportsmanship that a club like the Ducks should possess. For such a reputable organization it's practically unacceptable. What's sad is nothing probably will be done to fix this (hope I'm wrong). As with a racial slur, that child/player should be suspended for the entire season. Completely unacceptable. OC stayed classy and thats how it should be. Sad sad sad! This goes along with bad parenting in addition to s***y coaches and leaders.

Hockeyhockeyhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-8
« Reply #607 on: October 09, 2017, 01:34:24 PM »
Maybe everyone should get their facts straight and perhaps instead of talking trash on a team or coach or parents on here without knowing the facts don't comment at all! Here are the facts, you don't know what your kid says on the ice unless you have them recorded. I assure you that there is at least 1 kid on every team that uses profanity. Not all kids do but I have heard it from kids warming up to kids on the ice and coming off the ice from various teams, so again facts! I also assure you that your kid telling you what was said on the ice isn't the full story. I'm sure they failed to tell what they said on the ice. Fact... There are always 2 sides to a story so perhaps you should know both before berating kids and parenting/coaching on this site. I'm not going to go into specifics with what I know or what I heard out of respect for the kids and parents involved but I say with confidence there is more to the one sided post about the issue and again I do not condone either action but, to say the organization needs to do something about it, there are facts you do not know about the situation. Not all people feel the need to come on here and call out kids or teams which is why you hear the one sidedness either for or against your team. Or in many cases not involving "your kids team at all"!
We all complain about officiating at the rinks especially when things don't go "our way" or there are calls that are missed. Imagine being those kids who constantly get penalties or constantly get the play on and no call when they were the one that a call should have gone their way. Are they bad kids? No they want things to be fair and sadly this sport is great at teaching kids, life isn't fair. So again before commenting about suspensions which in your eyes means bad coaching and parenting know the facts as to what led up to the suspensions. Do I condone the behavior, absolutely not but I do know that those kids don't deserve to be berated because quite frankly the suspensions were not "fair" to either of them due to poor officiating. Otherwise, you would see both kids involved in opposing teams listed as well. I will not go into details with my comments because it isn't the forum to do so as this a youth league and if there are true issues then then clearly this isn't the avenue to take to make a change in behavior, this only creates animosity and rumors!  If you feel the need to learn the facts perhaps talk to the parents involved of the kids you want to start rumors about. I'm sure they would love to tell you their side of this post in person. You will all have the chance to see them at the rinks considering the suspensions are listed in a public setting by following the link in a post above. What they don't say is the whole story and events that occurred to warrant a suspension. So the lack of respect and sportsmanship begins on this forum by parents who would be appalled if their kid acted the way parents do here! Get the facts before you feel the need to berate kids and families on here! If you are at a game and you have seen the "whole story"and heard every word from a player or coach or ref with your own ears, then perhaps you are worthy of commenting about a situation you know the facts about.

JustPlay

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #608 on: October 09, 2017, 01:40:22 PM »
Maybe everyone should get their facts straight and perhaps instead of talking trash on a team or coach or parents on here without knowing the facts don't comment at all! Here are the facts, you don't know what your kid says on the ice unless you have them recorded. I assure you that there is at least 1 kid on every team that uses profanity. Not all kids do but I have heard it from kids warming up to kids on the ice and coming off the ice from various teams, so again facts! I also assure you that your kid telling you what was said on the ice isn't the full story. I'm sure they failed to tell what they said on the ice. Fact... There are always 2 sides to a story so perhaps you should know both before berating kids and parenting/coaching on this site. I'm not going to go into specifics with what I know or what I heard out of respect for the kids and parents involved but I say with confidence there is more to the one sided post about the issue and again I do not condone either action but, to say the organization needs to do something about it, there are facts you do not know about the situation. Not all people feel the need to come on here and call out kids or teams which is why you hear the one sidedness either for or against your team. Or in many cases not involving "your kids team at all"!
We all complain about officiating at the rinks especially when things don't go "our way" or there are calls that are missed. Imagine being those kids who constantly get penalties or constantly get the play on and no call when they were the one that a call should have gone their way. Are they bad kids? No they want things to be fair and sadly this sport is great at teaching kids, life isn't fair. So again before commenting about suspensions which in your eyes means bad coaching and parenting know the facts as to what led up to the suspensions. Do I condone the behavior, absolutely not but I do know that those kids don't deserve to be berated because quite frankly the suspensions were not "fair" to either of them due to poor officiating. Otherwise, you would see both kids involved in opposing teams listed as well. I will not go into details with my comments because it isn't the forum to do so as this a youth league and if there are true issues then then clearly this isn't the avenue to take to make a change in behavior, this only creates animosity and rumors!  If you feel the need to learn the facts perhaps talk to the parents involved of the kids you want to start rumors about. I'm sure they would love to tell you their side of this post in person. You will all have the chance to see them at the rinks considering the suspensions are listed in a public setting by following the link in a post above. What they don't say is the whole story and events that occurred to warrant a suspension. So the lack of respect and sportsmanship begins on this forum by parents who would be appalled if their kid acted the way parents do here! Get the facts before you feel the need to berate kids and families on here! If you are at a game and you have seen the "whole story"and heard every word from a player or coach or ref with your own ears, then perhaps you are worthy of commenting about a situation you know the facts about.

Ugh.  My God.  Worst post ever.  Should have known by your screen name your post would be a waste of time.  Said nothing 15 different ways. 

highhardone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #609 on: October 09, 2017, 01:53:37 PM »

Fact: No one said the Ducks 1 had bad coaches; a question was asked because there wasn't direct knowledge.
Fact: The Ducks 1 team has more suspensions than any other Flight 1 U12 AA club this season.
Fact: There is no place for kicking or punching an opponent at this level of play...ever (don't try to justify it).
Fact: We all recognize that there are people associated with these posts and no names or player numbers were used.
Fact: Kids learn behaviors from those they are around often whether it be teammates, friends, parents or coaching--if your little Marchand is one of those kids who is "constantly getting penalties called on them" that result in suspensions maybe you should consider more closely where this learned behavior comes from and address it.

I know dealing in facts is tough when the facts don't support your narrative.

When it's all said and done it's just a game for kids.

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #610 on: October 09, 2017, 01:56:39 PM »
Triple H then what is your side of the story. 

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #611 on: October 09, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »

Whoa, maybe you should try again. Next time be more specific.  Face Wash. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:02:31 PM by Hockey05 »

Hockeyhockeyhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-8
« Reply #612 on: October 09, 2017, 02:29:46 PM »

Fact: The Ducks 1 team has more suspensions than any other Flight 1 U12 AA club this season.
Fact: There is no place for kicking or punching an opponent at this level of play...ever (don't try to justify it). Never tried to justify anything, simply saying the facts are not published for everyone to read. If you saw the games you know what happened and know the facts.
Fact: We all recognize that there are people associated with these posts and no names or player numbers were used. No just calling out a team with 15-20 kids for people to assume about which kid does.
Fact: Kids learn behaviors from those they are around often whether it be teammates, friends, parents or coaching--if your little Marchand is one of those kids who is "constantly getting penalties called on them" that result in suspensions maybe you should consider more closely where this learned behavior comes from and address it. For the record my kid has taken 3 penalties the past 2 seasons and never suspended so again assuming and not knowing facts.

I know dealing in facts is tough when the facts don't support your narrative. My point taken exactly as how it was intended. There are several people on this thread who point out events that aren't even involved or weren't even at a game. There are constant complaints about officiating and one sided games and yes there was a reference to bad parenting and bad coaching earlier in this board.

Lstn2thisCrap

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #613 on: October 09, 2017, 03:36:33 PM »
And yes I did mention bad parenting....and yes bad coaching...that's where this all starts and needs to be held accountable for. Get my facts straight??? What if this was my kid that was the bad end of the racial slur??? What if I had first hand knowledge that one kid (remain) nameless did say F*** y** good game to every kid in line! Does that change this logic? This should never have happened and should be dealt with. Yes there are two sides to the story, I'm sure, but would that really be an argument to a child leaving the ice wondering how this could have happened or why? Quit sugar coating this with you non-sense logic. And yes I was there and did have first hand knowledge! How's that?

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #614 on: October 09, 2017, 04:14:09 PM »
Never thought I'd see the day when someone gave Icadad a run for his money on the length of a post, but Triple H may have come close.