This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Peewee AA 2017-2018  (Read 314782 times)

JustPlay

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
Re: Peewee AA 2017-2018
« Reply #615 on: October 09, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »

Fact: The Ducks 1 team has more suspensions than any other Flight 1 U12 AA club this season.
Fact: There is no place for kicking or punching an opponent at this level of play...ever (don't try to justify it). Never tried to justify anything, simply saying the facts are not published for everyone to read. If you saw the games you know what happened and know the facts.
Fact: We all recognize that there are people associated with these posts and no names or player numbers were used. No just calling out a team with 15-20 kids for people to assume about which kid does.
Fact: Kids learn behaviors from those they are around often whether it be teammates, friends, parents or coaching--if your little Marchand is one of those kids who is "constantly getting penalties called on them" that result in suspensions maybe you should consider more closely where this learned behavior comes from and address it. For the record my kid has taken 3 penalties the past 2 seasons and never suspended so again assuming and not knowing facts.

I know dealing in facts is tough when the facts don't support your narrative. My point taken exactly as how it was intended. There are several people on this thread who point out events that aren't even involved or weren't even at a game. There are constant complaints about officiating and one sided games and yes there was a reference to bad parenting and bad coaching earlier in this board.

Some advice.  Flush your screen name and start over with a new one, or just stop posting period.  Honest.  Probably one of the worst arguments ever presented, and I have seen some all out dumpster fires in my life.

M@sshole

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #616 on: October 09, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »
Observations from the first CAHA weekend in no particular order (No disrespect intended to any of the teams or players):
  • Kings 2 are in the flight they belong and should probably be joined by Ducks 2
  • GSE1 is a very beatable team
  • The Bears and OCHC1 are enigmas (it's pick 'em in any game they play)
  • Saints 1 are a far better team than they get credit for (don't sleep on those kids)
  • Kings 1 are a talented but undisciplined team
  • Santa Clara could play a spoiler in any given game (looked good against Kings 1 and OCHC but looked overmatched vs Ducks 1)
  • GSE2 and Gulls 1 are schizophrenic teams (looked good in two games and looked terrible in two games)
  • Ducks 1 are a talented group but continue to lead the league in suspensions (anyone got insight into this, seems like a coaching issue from afar but without direct knowledge it's difficult to say)...http://www.caha.com/suspensions.pl

Let the after weekend 1 discussions begin.

Ha. This may get lost in the drama...  Only watched my son's games (OCHC1), but my assessments are below:

Overall, watched some great hockey. Would like to see more consistency from the officials regarding the physical play & penalties. It's hockey. Some bumping is good for the players' progression. What one ref let go another one would call - so no consistency from my view & penalties were a factor in scoring in more than one game. Hopefully this is worked out before the next CAHA weekend.

GSE2: Good speed & moved the puck well. Vastly improved over the team we saw in San Jose. Surprised to see they didn't fare well this weekend - but they earned their win vs. OC1.

Bears: Came out overconfident. Speed & puck movement were top notch. Maybe over-reliant on one player when the game was on the line?

Ducks1: This will be the on-going grudge match for OC1 this season. Lots of depth on this team. Hot tempers and stupid penalties will be their downfall.

Richard Cranium

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-1
« Reply #617 on: October 10, 2017, 08:24:25 PM »
Bears came out "ready to play", I wouldn't use the term "over confident"... second, who wouldn't be reliant on one of their top players??? NHL does it?? Am I not correct? All in all, certain teams match up against certain teams... it's a long season and most teams will make playoffs... almost every team should not be too worried as long as they are winning game they should be winning

M@sshole

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #618 on: October 10, 2017, 10:05:30 PM »
Bears came out "ready to play", I wouldn't use the term "over confident"... second, who wouldn't be reliant on one of their top players??? NHL does it?? Am I not correct? All in all, certain teams match up against certain teams... it's a long season and most teams will make playoffs... almost every team should not be too worried as long as they are winning game they should be winning

Took about two minutes to draft that post, so maybe we'll disagree over semantics. Trying to steer the conversation back to hockey. Bears looked impressive - as did every team. Should be a great season.

skates

« Reply #619 on: October 11, 2017, 06:12:39 AM »
So does anyone know how OC1 has all of their SCAHA games so far scheduled as home games at Yorba Linda? Hmmmm...... and not OC2? 8 games in a row at Yorba Linda. They play OC2 and OC1 is the away team but they are still at Yorba Linda. Does that seem like an advantage?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:43:24 AM by skates »

highhardone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #620 on: October 11, 2017, 07:08:11 AM »
Took about two minutes to draft that post, so maybe we'll disagree over semantics. Trying to steer the conversation back to hockey. Bears looked impressive - as did every team. Should be a great season.

Have to agree with M@sshole. A lot of parity especially at the top end of the flight and it's a guarantee that as the kids play together more they will all improve. I think we are in for a good season of very competitive hockey. See you all in Riverside.
When it's all said and done it's just a game for kids.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #621 on: October 11, 2017, 07:48:24 AM »
So does anyone know how OC1 has all of their SCAHA games so far scheduled as home games at Yorba Linda? Hmmmm...... and not OC2? 8 games in a row at Yorba Linda. They play OC2 and OC1 is the away team but they are still at Yorba Linda. Does that seem like an advantage?
The real fun part would be to see where a certain OC 16AA team plays in conjunction with OC1... ;D ;D ;D

Hockeyhockeyhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-8
« Reply #622 on: October 11, 2017, 01:36:28 PM »
Some advice.  Flush your screen name and start over with a new one, or just stop posting period.  Honest.  Probably one of the worst arguments ever presented...

Sorry the selected user name isn't to your liking, 3 kids that play hockey at various levels and being from a hockey family in Canada, hockey, hockey, hockey is what we do in our family and as a family. . Unreal that people really care what your user name is!
To conclude my opinion about this, the point being if you have a problem with a kid, parent, coach or whatever, go to the source or coach and have it addressed. Listing here isn't going to bring the change in behavior or whatever the issue is, it just causes kids/families who are developing at various levels of the sport get berated by people who don't even know them. Post scores, post predictions, post about bad calls, post about hockey,  but as a parent of youth hockey, it's really not appropriate to "vaguely" (but are easily able to figure out who you reference) post about kids. I'm sure every parent on this site would agree talking about kids wether you know them or not on a public forum (that we can say anything we want about) would really piss them off!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:03:34 PM by Hockeyhockeyhockey »

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #623 on: October 11, 2017, 04:30:54 PM »
HHH,

Was at the game you vaguely refer to.   I saw the ejection and the Duck player slammed his stick at the exit door glass.   Whether fair suspension or not, that was gross sportsmanship.    He was lucky not to have broken the glass and then perhaps a longer suspension.   My skater confirms that a Duck player did say "f... you" to every OC1 player in the line.  THAT is your idea of good sportsmanship?    Others here have confirmed a racial slur by a Duck player.   There is no place for that in sport or life.   It should be a season long suspension.    Of course, you would say, "there is another side" to  the racial slur.   What would that be?

As for you advice to talk to a parent on the other team, we were at CAHA PWAA Vacaville 2 years ago and when a parent tried talking to a then Duck team parent, who charged out of the stands with the intent to injure.  Fortunately, he must have had a reputation with other Duck parents because two men and a woman tackled him and led him out of the arena.   It was ugly and could have been worse.   

The suggestion that you should change your user name was not because we don't love it.  We do. Rather, your post was so embarrassing that it was meant to protect you from the abuse you have received.   

As for talking hockey, the Ducks I - OC1 game was probably the match of the weekend.   OC1 going back to Carmen Starr has won 3 and lost 0.    But the Ducks have improved and may be the slightly better side right now.  It will be fun to watch as this evolves so long as parents keep their perspective and enjoy kids play.   Better sportsmanship by one or two Duck players will serve the rivalry well.   

JustPlay

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #624 on: October 12, 2017, 01:46:36 PM »
The suggestion that you should change your user name was not because we don't love it.  We do. Rather, your post was so embarrassing that it was meant to protect you from the abuse you have received.   
[size=78%] [/size]

Yes - that was the hope.

Lstn2thisCrap

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #625 on: October 13, 2017, 02:59:33 PM »
HHH,

Was at the game you vaguely refer to.   I saw the ejection and the Duck player slammed his stick at the exit door glass.   Whether fair suspension or not, that was gross sportsmanship.    He was lucky not to have broken the glass and then perhaps a longer suspension.   My skater confirms that a Duck player did say "f... you" to every OC1 player in the line.  THAT is your idea of good sportsmanship?    Others here have confirmed a racial slur by a Duck player.   There is no place for that in sport or life.   It should be a season long suspension.    Of course, you would say, "there is another side" to  the racial slur.   What would that be?

As for you advice to talk to a parent on the other team, we were at CAHA PWAA Vacaville 2 years ago and when a parent tried talking to a then Duck team parent, who charged out of the stands with the intent to injure.  Fortunately, he must have had a reputation with other Duck parents because two men and a woman tackled him and led him out of the arena.   It was ugly and could have been worse.   

As for talking hockey, the Ducks I - OC1 game was probably the match of the weekend.   OC1 going back to Carmen Starr has won 3 and lost 0.    But the Ducks have improved and may be the slightly better side right now.  It will be fun to watch as this evolves so long as parents keep their perspective and enjoy kids play.   Better sportsmanship by one or two Duck players will serve the rivalry well.   

Well said!!!!

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #626 on: October 14, 2017, 06:46:37 PM »
Never thought I'd see the day when someone gave Icadad a run for his money on the length of a post, but Triple H may have come close.

I utilize paragraphs, and sentences with periods at the end.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #627 on: October 15, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
OC(2) over Jr. Kings(2), 3-2.  Other scores?

M@sshole

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #628 on: October 15, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »
OC1 over Jr Reign, 10-3.

Richard Cranium

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-1
« Reply #629 on: October 15, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »
Golden Bears 8 - Valencia 2