This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Wave 2- PWAA  (Read 27211 times)

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
Re: Wave 2- PWAA
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 06:30:23 PM »
A few things... 1st it seems some of those Wave kids were heading to the Kings anyway.... Just an observation from what's seen on the ice and kids trying to make the Kings 06 AAA team. Wonder if tht was a plan prior to all this or as a result? Humm???

Also, what should have been done to the Wave? If they took part or brushed it under the rug, wouldn't a slap guide them back on track? After all, we do pay to have a club make the right decisions for our kids, right and enough talk isn't about that and their hand in all I of this.

6676 has a good point regarding the Ontario kids that had a team in place for AA but the Club saw fit to screw them for the KC team?? All I see are are few common denominators in this formula..

I'm sure those kids will be ok and pickup on teams.. sounds like alot are somewhat close?

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 06:32:59 PM »
They should hire you!!! The voice of reason. Welcome back to the forum. Hope all is well.

He's right.. Club presidents need a person with a kids first mentality and it seems to have been lacking in this instance!

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »
Wasn't there like 18-20 kids rostered on this team?  Most of the kids on the team followed the coaches to the Wave.  I do not believe second that most if not all of the kids and parents did not know something was going.  I expect that PDR was talked about all the time.  The simple fact is rules were broken by coaches and a club that has a history of pushing the rules. You can argue that the punishment was harsh but, to take a phrase from the NHL player safety committee they were "repeat offenders". 

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 10:38:58 AM »
If we are truly concerned with the kids, the question is not punishment but deterrence.  Seems to me that truly mandating that the referees confirm that accuracy of the roster label at the start of the game, and imposing say a 5 minute major on any team which has presented an inaccurate roster label plus a 1 game suspension for the coach would end this practice in a hurry.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »
If we are truly concerned with the kids, the question is not punishment but deterrence.  Seems to me that truly mandating that the referees confirm that accuracy of the roster label at the start of the game, and imposing say a 5 minute major on any team which has presented an inaccurate roster label plus a 1 game suspension for the coach would end this practice in a hurry.

It is my understanding that no to long ago they used to line the kids up on the blue line and the referees would verify the rosters.  It took forever and caused many delays so they abandoned it and made the coaches responsible.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »
Come on now, enough about kids sitting out years and quitting the sport.  If you really have that much common sense then then stay local and play A.  When you get to AA you've drank the Kool-Aid and bought into the lunacy. 

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 10:39:12 PM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:25:49 AM by Kangaroo Jack »
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2017, 06:59:19 AM »
Jack, my post that you seem to have found so offensive was calling for accountability for the club.   That why I wrote "absent a sanction against the club, how will a club ever be held accountable?  Certainly, suspending a coach or even a manager has little or no impact on the club."   Haven't read the link you provided, but if true I can't think of a sanction tough enough for the Sharks.  Endangering kids can never be allowed. 

Real life isn't allowing me the time to respond further at the moment.  Suffice it to say that I think it is wrong to apparently pass the rule adopting the sanction after the sanction was applied to KC.

healthy scratch

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2017, 09:24:46 AM »
The fact is that the punishment to the club is not a fair one because it impacts kids and families that were not involved in the "crime".  Folks like Mo who argue that the punishment is just, are simply hiding their glee that the Wave has been weakened and/or their club has been strengthened.

There are kids that wanted to play AA with the Wave this year, and their family's plans just got F-ed up because of an overly broad punishment. Talking about AAA or who's going where only distracts from the main point the the punishment is not a good one.

You can tell that the punishment is unfair because no way in hell would this punishment ever be given to the Kings or the Ducks. Never in a million years. It just would never happen.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2017, 12:10:56 PM »
The fact is that the punishment to the club is not a fair one because it impacts kids and families that were not involved in the "crime".  Folks like Mo who argue that the punishment is just, are simply hiding their glee that the Wave has been weakened and/or their club has been strengthened.

There are kids that wanted to play AA with the Wave this year, and their family's plans just got F-ed up because of an overly broad punishment. Talking about AAA or who's going where only distracts from the main point the the punishment is not a good one.

You can tell that the punishment is unfair because no way in hell would this punishment ever be given to the Kings or the Ducks. Never in a million years. It just would never happen.
I have no "Glee" and have met many Wave parents of which I've gotten along with all of them. In fact, I know some of their coaches as well.. so your way off base, but nice try! I have asked what should have been done and heard crickets. How would you punish a club for taking part in this?? It's a simple question.

Yes, I'm sure some out there do gain from this.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:14:36 PM by MO-ICETIME »

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »

Healthy scratch, your name is sort of ironic in that the player wasn't a "healthy scratch." He wasn't injured either.  He wasn't on the team.  Sucks for you, sucks for my kid, but I don't believe for a second that it is with malice that we believe the punishment is fair. There is no glee coming from me that there is no Wave AA team and I doubt there is from most people on this blog.   
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:21:27 PM by Hockey05 »

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2017, 12:29:27 PM »
Just so I am clear this 1 year PWAA "death penalty" punishment was for violating/circumventing a rule threshold that has already been cut in half for next season?

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2017, 01:07:22 PM »
Just so I am clear this 1 year PWAA "death penalty" punishment was for violating/circumventing a rule threshold that has already been cut in half for next season?

No that was the Wave bantam team.  Go back about 4 pages and start reading.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2017, 03:04:59 PM »
I think the most of us here agree that CAHA/SCAHA seems to make rulings based on what's best for the "elite" clubs.  Is it by accident or just coincidence, you can make your own judgement. IMHO the fact that the "elite" clubs are pretty much the only teams allowed to play Teir 1 is a disservice to youth hockey.  I wonder what BF has on CAHA that he gets a AAA bid. Until someone with deep pockets AND time (KC) decides to take on these organisations were all at their mercy.

Curt Flood-ish in nature

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2017, 06:22:19 PM »
How the Titans got the AAA bid at 16U after the team they had last year is mind boggling.  They also seemed to be granted some sort of a waiver in that they don't have any other teams that I know of. 
I agree with Trans, and if this new rule goes through regarding a relegation at tier II to AA and Aa,the big clubs will have an advantage.