This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: New to Southern California PeeWee Hockey  (Read 25865 times)

SaintsPWAA2017

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-2
Re: New to Southern California PeeWee Hockey
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 08:50:12 PM »
San Diego Saints run their Tier Program out of Carlsbad. We have several players from OC in our PW AA and Bantam AA program.  Josh Robinson is the PW AA Head Coach and he has an strong coaching resume including NCAA D1 coaching experience.

The San Diego Saints has no connection to Wildcats/Reign program.

In 2016/17 Season, the Saints PW AA team was the only PW AA team in San Diego County to make the CAHA playoffs! Please check last years stats at CAHA.com for all teams total season stats. You can click drop down to check win/loss record of all sanctioned games the particular team played during the season. Make sure to check how many games a team played last season and ask how  many they expect to play next season. How many practices with they have? Dryland? Video Review? Coaches qualifications? It is the only way you can really measure what you will get for the money you will spend!! There were PW AA teams last season who played under 30 games and some played over 50!

Hope to see you at one of our Wednesday pre tryout skates! Averaging 25-30 kids weekly for past 4-5 weeks at the PW AA Level! Goalies skate for free!

Welcome to California! Good Luck!

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 09:50:20 PM »
Weekly dryland, Video review and coaches that played and coached at T1 levels are not uncommon to many of the clubs here in SoCal.

Unfortunately Burbank seems a bit far, but I have personal dealings with clubs such as OCHC and the Gulls and have found them to be great parents that have been happy with their experience. I recommend calling and speaking to the coaches and even speaking to some parents to help with your decisions. Also checking a clubs A/B program will give a bit of insight into how they develop their programs from within (this can be found on scaha.com).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:50:46 PM by MO-ICETIME »

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »
We've not even been to the Carlsbad rink yet, but we've vacationed there often in a little beach place. And there's a good Pizza Port (I think) on the main drag.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2017, 10:13:30 PM »
We've not even been to the Carlsbad rink yet, but we've vacationed there often in a little beach place. And there's a good Pizza Port (I think) on the main drag.
SOLD! I'm making the drive!

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2017, 02:16:35 PM »
Our strategy is to play at the rink in the most expensive area possible to live...an area we couldnt come close to affording. SO when we drive through the rich neighborhoods I look at my son and say "when you make the NHL (because he will) you will buy me one of these houses". Its a great motivator!

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »
Our strategy is to play at the rink in the most expensive area possible to live...an area we couldnt come close to affording. SO when we drive through the rich neighborhoods I look at my son and say "when you make the NHL (because he will) you will buy me one of these houses". Its a great motivator!

Or, you could just not play travel Hockey and afford a real nice house.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2017, 08:22:03 PM »
Lots of Kings and their management types live in Manhattan Beach because it's close to the practice rink in El Segundo (just south of LAX). Ducks live further south, Laguna etc.

Your wallet will bleed every time you move and the soccer moms are terrifying, but, it's a beach so you live with it.

If you are here already the Carmen Starr tournament is on this weekend at Toyota Center, El Segundo and a couple of other local rinks. There's a Czech team and a Canadian team at our level (Bantam AA) so the hockey might be pretty good.

Also get ready for lousy local draft beers with weird names. But I guess it's still beer.

hsilvert

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »
Did you ever find a team?  If not, please contact me.