This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: CAHA Tier 2 Peewee/Bantam changes for 2017-2018  (Read 15639 times)

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
Re: CAHA Tier 2 Peewee/Bantam changes for 2017-2018
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 03:05:11 PM »
And to add............ Of all the places you can send everyone to determine their strength, the CAHA board picks San Jose??? So while the vast majority of your member clubs are in So Cal you pick San Jose!!  Really?? Personally I'm glad our time is here is about done. This just keeps getting worse and worse.
I asked why always San Jose to a board member during the CAHA playoffs. He told me it was because they had the four sheets of ice under one roof and when the new Irvine Duck rinks were built, things would be rotated down to So Cal. That's what he said.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 12:50:41 PM »
We've had two experiences up in San José, one excellent a couple of years ago for a joint Spring camp/scrimmages and this season terrible, even though we won the State Championship that weekend.

Some psycho mother who is apparently married to someone or on the board of something went ape-shit over nothing because her snot-nosed brat lost (Bantam A) and she couldn't handle it. She got one of our parents kicked out of the rink. Apparently her husband is in charge of the refs, he came over and tried to look tough. She even went on local TV over it.

It's just weird, because our previous experience was great. I still make a peanut cole slaw recipe I got from one of the parents and there used to be some cool Canadian coaches up there.

[/size]Did anything changed in SJ last season? The energy was way off, not just cause there team lost.[size=78%]

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 03:07:53 PM »
The only part to me that makes sense is doing it in San Jose where you have the ice. The other way to do it is to split locations for the Pee Wee's, Bantams and 16's. That is harder on clubs though.