This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Tier II Flight System. This is gonna make for a hell of a thread......  (Read 35503 times)

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
That's a little like saying "we all agreed that the coffee table and couch clashed and needed to be moved."

"So we set the living room on fire."

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
That's a little like saying "we all agreed that the coffee table and couch clashed and needed to be moved."

"So we set the living room on fire."

Hahaha! I think more like.. painting the coffee table to make it work with the couch, then to hear complaining....  "But i liked the color of the coffee table!"

Puck You Daddy

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
At the end of the day, I could care less about the reasons why! As long as my son plays in as many games as possible for the amount of money spent, I'm all for it. Talk about economics. Here my son is playing in 55-60 games a year and the AAA is playing in 10 games more for $10K more! I like my economics!!!  :D

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
  • I love the smell of ice....

So what's Tier II costing these days??? My sons last year in Caha 2 years ago I spent with dues and all the travel roughly 13,000.00 plus gas, sticks, gear, food, and misc stuff four the year. So guess add another 3-5000.00.... Plus late night practices and all for 3-5 hours a week of ice....HHHHMMMM

coachbombay

how much are you paying for THA?

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
But we aren't going up there to spend four nights in a hotel to play 8 run time games.  We are going up there to spend $$$ to have our player play 4 - 50 minute run time games.  I agree, it is easy to bitch and I've been on the other side in life, however I fear the group is out of touch and I question if they are looking out for our best interest. 
Did anyone consider the impact on hockey families setting this up?  Do we really have to do this?  And god forbid some player misses the tournament (I mean jamboree).  The games could have been played as they always are, as scrimmages.  The stats often state the level of play.  They then could have had an open weekend in which the 2-4 teams are scheduled to play and get together to scrimmage based on proximity and sent their committee members to those games.  It would have saved 3/4's of the cost and hundreds of hours of time.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:11:54 PM by Hockey05 »

bandicoot

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
You guys think it's bad now...wait till the teams get placed.  Then the bitchin about which teams should be up or down will start.  The beat will go on and on.  It's like the NCAA mens B-ball tourny selections.  You will always have your studs and then it's mostly bubble teams.  As parents we have been in this mess for a long time.  By now we all know how our teams will be for the up coming season.  Those on stud teams congrats..those on lesser teams stand by and prepare for some lumps with a sprinkle of smiles.  Remember we pay for this, no one is forced to play in a certain division.   

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
Talked to an old timer, because this was making my head spin. Said this has been tried before and it didn't work. He didn't seem too concerned.

As for seeding after one weekend, it's fine for teams who have had minimal turnover, but WAVE 3 exploded because, well, that's a fine tale there for another day.

Kids have gone to Empire, 2 Ducks teams, 1 to AAA Kings, 1 to San José... Bears and probably an OC team will be strong off the top. Wave AA1 will be mid-pack at best out the gate because the kids haven't worked together. But we stole one of the best goalies, so that always gives you a shot.

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
Talked to an old timer, because this was making my head spin. Said this has been tried before and it didn't work. He didn't seem too concerned.

As for seeding after one weekend, it's fine for teams who have had minimal turnover, but WAVE 3 exploded because, well, that's a fine tale there for another day.

Kids have gone to Empire, 2 Ducks teams, 1 to AAA Kings, 1 to San José... Bears and probably an OC team will be strong off the top. Wave AA1 will be mid-pack at best out the gate because the kids haven't worked together. But we stole one of the best goalies, so that always gives you a shot.

??

I predict the Bears will not be a strong Midget team :o ......

CAHA has given themselves an out if they decide the chaos that this is going to create is not worth it.

5)   If after preseason jamboree evaluation the Evaluation Committee determines a particular division cannot be equitably split into two divisions that division will play as a whole without being split into two flights.
[/size]
This is going to be a emotion filled process and not without some sound reasons.  The "Bubble" teams will have huge stake at risk and in reality bubble teams usually leap frog during the season.  I believe there will be 18 16U teams creating a large "middle of the pack" thereby create a large potential for movement.

I believe the one other out CAHA will have is if the two flights do not play each other there will be no way to measure the first flight against the second flight other than tournaments play.  I can imagine a scenario where a second flight team knocks off a first flight team in tournament play and the ensuing debate that will create.

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
  • I love the smell of ice....

how much are you paying for THA?

Unfortunately I cannot say, lets just say it was alittle rough the first year for the program but my son got some exposure and 2 colleges interested in him. I believe with the schedule they have set up for both the Prep team and Varsity team and the dorms completes locker room done and main facility complete its only going to be a better second year. He will be a junior this year he has been on an offseason workout program to be ready for the upcoming season. I believe this program will surpass all expectations for youth hockey on the west coast...

Puck You Daddy

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
My son's team dues were $3800 last year. The cheapest AAA dues I now of are $16,000. Now say the travel is the same which we all know it is not. There is a difference of $12,200 just on dues. Only 10 more games. Yes the AAA travel is to NY, Minn., Canada. etc. which only adds more to travel. In any case, I still like my economics!  :P

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
My son's team dues were $3800 last year. The cheapest AAA dues I now of are $16,000. Now say the travel is the same which we all know it is not. There is a difference of $12,200 just on dues. Only 10 more games. Yes the AAA travel is to NY, Minn., Canada. etc. which only adds more to travel. In any case, I still like my economics!  :P

Nothing stops an AA team from more travel and games in the same places if that is agreeable to coaches and parents. 

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
WAVE 3 U14 Bantam A played a total of 50 games last season when you count the AA/AAA games and I think that includes playoff games. Plus maybe a dozen informal scrimmages, sometimes using practice time or throwing in $20.

I can't imagine playing more than that. We started practicing in August and played the State Championship April 2nd. Of course you can be done end of February if your team sucks.

And then the pressure to play Spring hockey and Carmen Starr or some such tournament, then tryouts beginning of June.

Then what? 6-7 weeks off till we crank in mid-August again? My kid is only skating 2x a week and swimming 4x a week. He gets Fridays off.

I'm scaring myself writing this down.

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3

Are you kidding??  16k for So Cal AAA midget??  Holy crap.  More than I thought.  So glad my kid is done in So Cal.

DidntWant2Posthere

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +48/-35

Are you kidding??  16k for So Cal AAA midget??  Holy crap.  More than I thought.  So glad my kid is done in So Cal.
As a former CAHA parent - I'm enjoying this thread...
Back in 2012-13 useless U15 Minor Jr. Kings AAA was formally a $5800 experiment. It ended up being just shy of 25k. Just saying.

Don't take this too seriously, in a few years you will suddenly gain lots of free time.
Although memories and self-doubt will continue to haunt you for a while.

As far as being realistic for 90% of you - start looking into ACHA now.
Hockey may be crap from your today's POV; trust me, it will extend your vicarious careers by 4-5 years.