This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Tier II Flight System. This is gonna make for a hell of a thread......  (Read 36212 times)

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51

Depends on the kid and the school.  I know there is a player on harvard who received a full educational ride based on academics and he was home schooled his entire life from elementary to graduating high school.  Each situation is different.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same kid, never played higher than AA in CAHA.

If we are talking about the same kid he played AAA Heat. 

gr8wrk

• AHL
  • LR Justice +40/-71
There is no D1 hockey west of Colorado except Arizona.

I talked to Stanford and they have D2 but you have to pay to play.

Why Kings and Ducks have not got together with this with UCLA I have no idea (anyone?) but it is ridiculous.

We were looking at Water Polo as a side sport which gives scholarships and is a fine complement to hockey until he dislocated his shoulder twice (U14).

Gonna be interesting, and this is a good topic for the doldrums.

The reason there aren't more D1 or D3 schools playing hockey is the sheer cost of building the rink and running the program. There are strict guidelines for the quality of the building / ice and program overall that requires a school to really need tens of millions of dollars in up front costs to build an NCAA quality rink.  The return on investment for the west coast just isn't there, it's not there for most east coast schools at this point so D1 and D3 aren't growing but the number of kids who are skilled enough to play is. That's why they can be more selective and demand higher grades and more experience in juniors.

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
Yeah, but at least we have Title 9 and lesbian...err I mean woman's softball is fully funded.

CEO

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-14
Stick tap 😆 And please no one go on a PC rant.  It was a funny joke! 

CEO

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-14
Crash-  while Puck Yeah was really funny, yours is just flat out STUPID!! :o