This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Accomodations  (Read 19468 times)

Bystander

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-2
Accomodations
« on: July 08, 2017, 10:39:57 AM »
This will be our first trip to San Jose for the Labor Day jamboree. Where are the good places to stay? How about the places to avoid? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated as this is our first season at AA and not sure what we're getting ourselves into. Thanks for any input

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
Re: Accomodations
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 11:18:35 AM »
Your team manger should be blocking rooms now for the team. Plenty of good hotels right near Sharks Ice

coachbombay

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »
not having a concrete schedule will make it hard to plan any activities, so the hotel lobby will be your entertainment. Just get a case of your favorite brew and enjoy your AA vacation you signed up for.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
not having a concrete schedule will make it hard to plan any activities, so the hotel lobby will be your entertainment. Just get a case of your favorite brew and enjoy your AA vacation you signed up for.
CB.....much wise.

P.S.  Drive back sucks.....especially if you get your asses handed to you.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »
CB.....much wise.

True, i wonder when they will let us know the tiers. I assume they are already set though.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 07:49:03 PM »
CB.....much wise.

True, i wonder when they will let us know the tiers. I assume they are already set though.
1st place is.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 08:13:22 PM »
CB.....much wise.

1st place is.

Top Tier is all but set.

Sharks 1
Sharks 2
Ducks 1
Ducks 2
GSE 1
GSE 2
Kings 1
Kings 2
Maybe 1 more teams

Tier 2
Everyone else

Enjoy the ride

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »
CB.....much wise.

1st place is.

Top Tier is all but set.

Sharks 1
Sharks 2
Ducks 1
Ducks 2
GSE 1
GSE 2
Kings 1
Kings 2
Maybe 1 more teams

Tier 2
Everyone else

Enjoy the ride

I don't post much but this made me laugh! Thank you for some entertainment this morning.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 10:49:49 AM »
Their will be plenty of tears :-)

On the high end, you have The Fairmont with a Grill on the Alley downstairs.

The food at the rink is actually decent in the restaurant.  They even have Molson Canadian on draft (though I refuse to drink it until Bergevin is fired or imprisoned -- either will do).

The Hyatt was okay, not great. They let you drink in the lobby

There is a technology museum that some of the other boys did that got very high praise, walkable from some of the hotels.

The ultimate was the victory steak at Harris Ranch on the way back after winning State Championship last Spring and enjoying rubbing CAHA/SCAHAs collective faces in it.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »
Their will be plenty of tears :-)

On the high end, you have The Fairmont with a Grill on the Alley downstairs.

The food at the rink is actually decent in the restaurant.  They even have Molson Canadian on draft (though I refuse to drink it until Bergevin is fired or imprisoned -- either will do).

The Hyatt was okay, not great. They let you drink in the lobby

There is a technology museum that some of the other boys did that got very high praise, walkable from some of the hotels.

The ultimate was the victory steak at Harris Ranch on the way back after winning State Championship last Spring and enjoying rubbing CAHA/SCAHAs collective faces in it.
HARRIS RANCH.......mmmmmm

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 11:50:58 AM »
How many more times will we have to read about Crash's AA team winning the A state championship? ???
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:34:30 PM by Teemu8 »

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 12:37:52 PM »
How many more times will we have to read about Crash's AA team winning the A state championship? ???

"This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because..."

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 06:35:28 AM »
Teemu :-) I only did it to bug you but you are a too easy target.

Seriously,  the Embassy Suites in Milpitas is good for teams, it's a bit of a drive though. . We've stayed at Embassy Suites with teams several times, and they are really accommodating.

Because they are enclosed, the boys can run around to the pool and snacks etc. very safely. Of course they are getting older now in Bantam, so that's less of an issue.

coachbombay

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 10:52:29 AM »
free beer does not suck either!

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 11:01:46 AM »
free beer does not suck either!

286.50 a night buys lots of beer.  :-\