This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: The end of the Titans?  (Read 49011 times)

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
The end of the Titans?
« on: July 20, 2017, 01:13:37 PM »
Just heard that CAHA is under pressure from JK and JD clubs to force the Titans to quit AAA.  The guise is that AAA hickey in CA is "too diluted. "  So, effort is underway to have CAHA ask NAPHL to kick the Titans out of their umbrella.

On so many levels I find this sick, sad, and disgusting.   No wonder in the youth hockey world that CA hockey is considered a joke and so bad politically.

I feel bad for kids in SD, and those who joined up with the Titans.  The organization and the kids deserve better.

cog254

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +13/-3
Re: The end of the Titans?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:45:23 PM »
They should have a good Junior hockey system here in the west coast...one that does not have 14-18 "imports" on a team and 4-6 spots for US kids...too bad NA3HL can't move out west...so few options for 01-97's

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »
CAHA is just so bad for Hockey in CA. Clubs should opt out of CAHA  :'(

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 03:15:13 PM »
Every time I hear the "too diluted" remark, I want to barf. Why do the big three automatically get AAA? If other clubs are more successful, why should they be forced to hand kids over? This is one big reason why families leave CA.

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »
Every time I hear the "too diluted" remark, I want to barf. Why do the big three automatically get AAA? If other clubs are more successful, why should they be forced to hand kids over? This is one big reason why families leave CA.

Totally agree.  That and the politcal bs of JK and JD.  While my kid isn't some superstar, he somehow wasn't good enough for his old team.  Yet had two AAA offers for New England area teams.  So we are gone.  Good luck to you folks in CA.

goumass

• Midget
  • LR Justice +27/-369
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 08:35:41 PM »
FAKE NEWS! The Ducks and Kings are not doing anything to try and get the Titans out of AAA.  Proof please
"Statism needs war; a free country does not.  Statism survives by looting; a free country by producing."  Ayn Rand

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 09:27:57 PM »
FAKE NEWS! The Ducks and Kings are not doing anything to try and get the Titans out of AAA.  Proof please

You are kidding, right??

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 01:23:03 PM »
Lol
JK/JD (CAHA) are trying to keep  EVERYONE, besides them, out of Tier 1.  If San Diego was in closer proximity, they would take them out also.

CEO

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-14
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 03:12:13 PM »
I'm with goumass.  Where's the proof?  Sounds like a conspiracy theory.  I'm not sure the Kings and Ducks see the Titans as "competition".  This isn't the Titans of old.

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 10:09:59 PM »
I'm with goumass.  Where's the proof?  Sounds like a conspiracy theory.  I'm not sure the Kings and Ducks see the Titans as "competition".  This isn't the Titans of old.

Let's just say a little birdie with way more insider knowledge gave the info.  The actual inital push has come from the JD.  JK has pushed more now that the big Kings have gotten involved.   If you know who just joined the Titans, as players and coaches, you will see what backs this.

CEO

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-14
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 10:42:29 PM »
So U16's 6-35 (-111) and U18's 3-27 (-115) have nothing to do with this?

CEO

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-14
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 10:47:20 PM »
Like it or not, and all politics aside, right now there are only 2 legitimate AAA clubs in CA.  JD and JK in whatever order you want to put them.

DroptheGloves

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-27
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 01:46:55 PM »

WHY would you play AAA in New England. Send him there for Prep School not AAA Club. 

Falcons Hockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 12:52:15 PM »

WHY would you play AAA in New England. Send him there for Prep School not AAA Club.

Agree 100%

DroptheGloves

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-27
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 08:57:54 PM »

Totally agree.  That and the politcal bs of JK and JD.  While my kid isn't some superstar, he somehow wasn't good enough for his old team.  Yet had two AAA offers for New England area teams.  So we are gone.  Good luck to you folks in CA.

WHY would you play AAA in New England. Send him there for Prep School not AAA Club