This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for 16AA  (Read 63339 times)

locked out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-3
Re: Predictions for 16AA
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2018, 07:34:58 AM »
lets get a little post season chatter going....

PREDICTION--Maple Leafs will decline the opportunity to play the sharks in the play in game for the Tier 2 play downs.  Thought process--if you are the maple leaf parents, do you want to spend the money and time to go to San Jose for one game?  If you lose that is a very expensive one game....By the way, if you win, then you get to go to Vacaville one week later for only two games with the first being against Ducks 1 who just beat them in Pasadena 11-0. The 2nd game would be against Ducks 2 or Valencia both of whom crushed them earlier this year, 12-0 and 9-1 respectively.  I will be shocked if the parents from Pasadena are willing to spend all that money for the potential to get beat up in Vacaville.  If i were on that team, my vote would be NO THANKS.  Thoughts?

Valencia could be back in form for play downs if they can get some players back.  While they have been struggling lately, it is due to a very shortened bench.  Word on the street is that some players will be back for play downs. 

Ducks 2 are the most improved team in the division.  They definitely have a chance to make it through play downs.  They have beat both the wave and ducks 1 this year.

Are the brackets being done properly?  Should it be 1-4-5-8 and 2-3-6-7, or should it be 1-2-7-8 and 3-4-5-6?  If we want to make the regular season mean something, the latter would be the way to go.  Thoughts?

There is going to be some good hockey in Vacaville.  Please provide your predictions for who makes it through play downs into states.

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2018, 10:22:58 AM »
lets get a little post season chatter going....

Valencia could be back in form for play downs if they can get some players back.  While they have been struggling lately, it is due to a very shortened bench.  Word on the street is that some players will be back for play downs. 

Injury, CAHA discipline and other issues have plagued the Flyers lately.  A very talented but uncoachable forward gets benched frequently.  Just 2 Defenseman for the GSE and Sharks games last weekend and they were down to 1 Defenseman 20 seconds into the Ducks 1 game.  Another 1st period injury resulted in a loss of a forward.  It is an understatement to say "short benched".  Playdowns are very up in the air for them right now.

Justabdad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2018, 01:42:08 PM »
Interesting weekend at the Playdowns... Both Ducks teams, GSE, and the Flyers advance.  You have to wonder what happened to the mighty Blackhawks and Wave teams?  My opinion, was that the Wave team was going to be a representative at nationals.  Oc and the Sharks were just outmatched.

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2018, 04:12:53 PM »
From what I saw of the Wave team they are big, physical, and talented but could be outskated. Didn't see any of their games in the playdowns to see if that is what happened or not.

Justabdad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2018, 06:52:49 PM »
Did the Blackhawks have injuries?  Did GSE have a stellar goalie steal a game... any opinions?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:12:55 PM by Justabdad »

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2018, 09:04:58 PM »
Blackhawks had one of their centers break his collar bone last weekend.  Another player was playing with a broken big toe and then separated his shoulder. Those are the injuries that I know of.  GSE goalie was pretty solid and they only had 11 skaters in their first game. I missed their second game.

Justabdad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2018, 10:14:02 AM »
Predictions...

At States:

1st Place: Ducks1  (Too Strong on Defense to lose!)
2nd Place: GSE      (Goalie comes up Huge!)
3rd Place: Ducks2  (Competitive, but not deep enough!)
4th Place: Flyers    (Just too small)

Any other ideas or opinions?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:53:41 AM by Justabdad »

CahaMama

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-5
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2018, 10:51:29 AM »
Interesting.  I see things a bit differently:

1.  Ducks (1)
2.  Flyers
3.  GSE
     Ducks (2)

Ducks (1) is tough to beat! They are beatable though. Flyers have 4 of the top 10 goal scorers in the Flight - and they like to shoot!. It's a toss up for third place. GSE has been getting better, but I don't think they have all the pieces together just yet. Last weekend had some great effort by their goalie, but overall, both goalies are not stellar. Ducks (2) has a lot of enthusiasm and momentum on their side. I see them as more of a threat for second than GSE. Just my $.02 since you put it out there. No matter how it shakes out, it will be a lot of fun! Good luck to all participants.

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2018, 08:26:57 PM »
The Flyers have been "too small" all season.  That hasn't changed. 

Duck 1 is surely the favored team to take it all but "on any given Sunday" as it goes.  GSE has been the spoiler of late season and also beat the Flyers in Vegas.  Flyers upset the Wave, Duck 2 upset the Flyers with an OT win. 

I think both GSE and the Flyers can beat Ducks 1 if the play well and the Goalies have a great game.  When the Flyers do as coached they do well, when they start playing "showcase" hockey not so much.

I guess that is why they play the game.  It should be a great weekend of hockey.

Justabdad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »
Well here it is...  The State Finals.  Who predicted the four teams?

Here are the stories as I see it...  At this level...

Ducks 1:  Will Defense win?  Will the core be able to crack but not break under pressure?  It is theirs to loose.

Valencia:  Will Offense win?  Does size matter?  Do special teams win big games? Lets see...

Ducks 2:  Playing with "House Money..."  Will Cinderella's shoe drop?  Will a Goalie steal a game?  Will shot blocking help them win?  Once again, playing with "Nothing to loose..."

GSE:  Will a Goalie steal the show?  Have they had enough time to perfect their systems?  Can they produce high enough quality with a short bench?  Will the long trip to Escondido be an issue?  Can this team be patient and capitalize on mistakes.

Just a humble opinion...

Lets play hockey Boys!

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
  • I love the smell of ice....
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2018, 07:39:23 AM »
I just dont see the JD1 team losing any games and will be heading to Nationals again.

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2018, 09:46:54 AM »
JD1 in nationals "again"?  Their M16 team didn't go last year so not sure about the "again".

Justabdad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »
Lets see what happens... There is always the wildcard issue... Injuries.  8)   

On another note, Do one or two teams go to Nationals?

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2018, 10:35:34 AM »
Just one.

locked out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-3
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2018, 07:57:58 AM »
Consensus seems to be...

1.  The Ducks 1 are the best team.
2.  There isn't a team going that cant beat the Ducks 1.
3.  Goalies could be the difference.

Sounds like a great weekend of youth hockey.